Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
platinumbud

Ventilation/ yield

I thought I would start a little important topic on ventilation/ yield / area, I have 720 in and 1200 out and I have wondered why in a 1.2 tent was yield so much less than in a 2.4 tent even though the same fresh air came in at 720 and 1200 out ? Was it just bad luck or something else like the air in the big tent kept more co2 in the area or more lights? Same size plants . I’m guessing some people have the same question? 

Obviously you must mean same lighting in both so I would say temps and co2

Owd

The lighting would be around the same per plant yes. Do you think that you would get less than half what you would in a 2.4? I think it works out at 25% in 1.2, you’d think it would be the same especially when running 720 in ? I kept telling my mate I personally think you’ll never get the air take in to the max because they’d probably keep using all co2 unless outside? Not sure if I was correct 

Posted (edited)

a 1.2 tent will be about 50% less yield than the 2.4 its twice the size, meaning twice as much buds. so even if you put a 1000w hps in there, as with that much air in and out, you could run a 1kw hps. you still would probly only get about 75% of what you would with say a 400w hps and a 600w hps in the 2.4 tent. 

with that air out fan you have i would say your better of running a 2.4 tent with 2 x 600w hps. or this set up, a 600w hps and 2 x 315w cmh daylight reflectors. in the 2.4 would be great full spectrum. :yinyang:

my flower room is 2.4 x 1.8 m and i run 2 x 600w ajustawing reflectors with a 10 inch outlet fan, kicking out over 1200 square meters a hour. and i am upgrading my room soon to a cmh light, then il buy 1 more cmh light when funds are there. i will have my 600w hps in the middle with the 2 x cmh daylight reflectors either side of the 600w hps on each end. that will give me a great full spectrum flower room, with a sun t plus bulb in the 600w giving lots of yellow/orange light, and the 2 x cmh lights giving loads of white/blue light that's closer to the spectrum of the sun. id guess my yield will go up a little compared with just using 2 x 600w hps, i know the quality and densness/ flavor, and smell of my buds will be better with the cmh lights, and a hps for added red/orange light. :yinyang:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c

@smokie1 b c f c what sort of yields are u knock out with that setup mate...I'm about to purchase 2.4 1.2 tent running 2 600w hps, just want a rough Idea what people are achieving?

1 person likes this

hi. yeah i grow in soil, or coco using organic feeds and normally grow about 10 plants and get a good 3/4 oz of each. tho if i grew in bigger pots with a longer veg i would get more. 

if i dont fim/pinch them out in veg, i get about 1.5 oz per plant so that would be 12 n half oz. so that should give you a idea. 

if getting that set up i would maybe think of getting one 600w hps and 2 x cmh bulbs for each end of the tent. the cmh lights are expensive tho. but well worth the doe, as them on there own are great, but mixed with hps lighting, to get full spectrum, i here there the bollox. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

coco using organic feeds

You shouldn't use organic nutrients with coco mate, organic nutrients need a microherd to convert the nutrients into food readily available for the plants. Coco is inert and has no microherd so if you're going to use organic nutrients, ideally, you'd want to mix your coco with compost or soil so the microherd can work at  breaking down the nutrients, which kinda defeats the point of using coco. :)     

If you're using coco, use coco specific nutrients, there are plenty to choose from, none of which are organic. :) 

Edited by Saddam

26 minutes ago, Saddam said:

You shouldn't use organic nutrients with coco mate, organic nutrients need a microherd to convert the nutrients into food readily available for the plants. Coco is inert and has no microherd so if you're going to use organic nutrients, ideally, you'd want to mix your coco with compost or soil so the microherd can work at  breaking down the nutrients, which kinda defeats the point of using coco. :)     

If you're using coco, use coco specific nutrients, there are plenty to choose from, none of which are organic. :) 

that's what i men't/ do mate, i mix about 30% coco with 70% all mix, and roots fly through it, gives lots of friendly fungi from the coco to the roots too. :yinyang:

6 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

hi. yeah i grow in soil, or coco using organic feeds and normally grow about 10 plants and get a good 3/4 oz of each. tho if i grew in bigger pots with a longer veg i would get more. 

if i dont fim/pinch them out in veg, i get about 1.5 oz per plant so that would be 12 n half oz. so that should give you a idea. 

if getting that set up i would maybe think of getting one 600w hps and 2 x cmh bulbs for each end of the tent. the cmh lights are expensive tho. but well worth the doe, as them on there own are great, but mixed with hps lighting, to get full spectrum, i here there the bollox. :yinyang:

What size pots you finishing with?

@JAPE i use 6.5 l square pots and 11 liter pots. in the 6.5s your looking at a couple of oz, in the 11l pots more like 3 to 4 a plant with lots of fim/ pinching out. 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

a 1.2 tent will be about 50% less yield than the 2.4 its twice the size, meaning twice as much buds. so even if you put a 1000w hps in there, as with that much air in and out, you could run a 1kw hps. you still would probly only get about 75% of what you would with say a 400w hps and a 600w hps in the 2.4 tent. 

with that air out fan you have i would say your better of running a 2.4 tent with 2 x 600w hps. or this set up, a 600w hps and 2 x 315w cmh daylight reflectors. in the 2.4 would be great full spectrum. :yinyang:

my flower room is 2.4 x 1.8 m and i run 2 x 600w ajustawing reflectors with a 10 inch outlet fan, kicking out over 1200 square meters a hour. and i am upgrading my room soon to a cmh light, then il buy 1 more cmh light when funds are there. i will have my 600w hps in the middle with the 2 x cmh daylight reflectors either side of the 600w hps on each end. that will give me a great full spectrum flower room, with a sun t plus bulb in the 600w giving lots of yellow/orange light, and the 2 x cmh lights giving loads of white/blue light that's closer to the spectrum of the sun. id guess my yield will go up a little compared with just using 2 x 600w hps, i know the quality and densness/ flavor, and smell of my buds will be better with the cmh lights, and a hps for added red/orange light. :yinyang:

Maybe I have explained it wrong, what I’m saying is if I put a 600 hps in a 1.2 I should get 16oz and in a 2.4,should get 32oz but when I once did the 1.2 I only got 8oz same size plants in dwc small as you can do really but the point is the air in is 720 and air out is 1200 weather in a 2.4 or 1.2 so hence why I wonder? 

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, JAPE said:

@smokie1 b c f c what sort of yields are u knock out with that setup mate...I'm about to purchase 2.4 1.2 tent running 2 600w hps, just want a rough Idea what people are achieving?

I would expect at least 32oz in a 2.4 unless starting from seed but if you have your best yielded and best quality mummy x 3 in a dwc biggish ones you’d probably get 36 to 50oz or 8 small dwc buckets with a good cutting you’ll probably get the same, too many plants shit yield, if it’s personal then I like 3 bigger ones or maybe 5 little ones, my new setup is around 1.5 with new hlg led 520w and I can add 2 mezhi 135w output if needed or if cold can add cmh but trying to stay away from hps bit old tech lol 

1 person likes this