Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shayneoc

Pests all over my roots!! Picture ...

Posted (edited)

In an ebb and flood. 

On one plant that I chopped off cos it was male I have these little black things on the roots. I never took the plant out I just cut the main stalk and left it in the pot roots still look okay but now on them roots I got about 20 of these. I got 3 weeks left into flower but starting to worry now as these are coming into the root system I have no idea what they are. Shall I carefully take the plant out completely?? Thing is, the roots are tangled up with other roots ...

20180611_104818.jpg

Edited by shayneoc

Posted (edited)

fly larva....

try adding liquid oxygen to the system 24 hours before a nuit change.

if not, get ready to treat the girls/room for gnats.

also keep a close eye on your water temperature.

Edited by seanyboy270
more help!!!

Maggots?

post-6338-1235683792.jpg

Fungus Gnat Larvae ^^^^

Owd

2 people like this

:bad: dont like maggots eh

Seen what fungal gnat can do to a houseplant, thankfully never had them in our fav plant apart from in a hydro once. Peroxide flushes and sticky traps sorted it out.

They are lovers of damp soil/conditions so might be a good idea to let the pots dry out a lot and get some sticky traps to stop any emerging females going back to lay eggs.

The larvae attacks the roots, its food for them.

I've used peroxide to kill off soil pests but you can do it naturally or using suitable gardening products.

Good luck and well spotted. Does no harm to periodically inspect soil with a microscope.

You can buy predators online that eat the little fuckers, when they arrive just sprinkle them on the soil and they'll soon disappear. Safe, effective, organic, chemical free. 

I'm in hydro organics wouldn't work for me right? 

If I do a flush with just RO water at 0ppm and use OxyPlus will this work or kill my shit? I'm in week 6 of flower..