Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lennyd79

New reflector advice

Posted (edited)

Hi folks

I've been using a 600w diamond reflector for a number of years now with pretty good results in my built in converted grow room cupboard. My space is rectangle shaped....1m20cm x 75cm. As you can see it is pretty rectangular but it is a great space that is hidden well. But as it's quite long the plants away from the lights either side just don't produce as much. I grow 8 in this space and the middle 4 always produce bigger buds than the 2 either side. Has anyone got any experience in growing in this shape of grow room and a reflector that would suit as I feel the diamond doesn't spread the light out to the edges. I ain't got the depth for a umbrella...

Cheers

Edited by lennyd79

the diamond reflectors look great in the day but unfortunately, they produce hot spots, think thats why they're not that popular these days.

also, because of the shape of your space then a parabolic is out of the question, so I'd suggest the maxibright plus as the cheap option at £38

but if your wanting something a bit special then I'd fully recommend a Dimlux alpha optics 98 reflector but it costs close to a £100 if not more.

2 people like this

why not just buy a cheap 15quid dutch barn reflecter mate?,  just because they're cheap doesn't mean they aren't any good, iv tried a few different kinds of reflectors but i keep going back to the dutch barn type ones...

if its to big for your space you can cut it to the size your needing to, and its not going to break the bank getting one.

1 person likes this

Thanks for your replys and advice Joint hogger and craigfjyp. I'm going to go for the Maxibright plus as it sounds decent and it won't break the bank. :)