Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jimboo

Leave us alone or arrest me': Mother is set to openly ‘smuggle’ banned cannabis oil into Heathrow

170 posts in this topic

and no need to call me disgusting either 

32 minutes ago, Joolz said:

she should have stuck with smuggling it and not having activists tweeting a running commentary on her progress

It's a perennial problem, isn't it ? Speak up - and try and help others. Or stay silent, under the radar, and keep on tokin' 

TBH I rarely read too much of stories like this. I know it's wrong to presume, but am I correct in presuming that this family has been used by activists pushing their own agenda ? Because that's invariably what happens. Even Prof. Nutt just wanted to push his synthohol, or whatever he called it.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

TBH I rarely read too much of stories like this. I know it's wrong to presume, but am I correct in presuming that this family has been used by activists pushing their own agenda ? Because that's invariably what happens. Even Prof. Nutt just wanted to push his synthohol, or whatever he called it.

Dont know mate I think if activists had hijacked it there would be a lot more publicity before now

1 person likes this

Great having this lady bringing huge exposure to the Medical Cannabis Cause but why didn't she do this after getting her son the medicine.  Either way I wish her and family the best possible outcome.

1 person likes this

Mother who tried to 'smuggle' banned cannabis oil into UK to 'keep her epileptic son alive' vows to return to Canada for more after 'tearful and conflicted' Heathrow customs officers confiscate it

Mother from Northern Ireland says oil dramatically improves her son's epilepsy
    But she cannot get it in the UK where it still considered an illegal substance
    She brought a consignment of the oil into the UK from Canada this morning
    After customs seize the oil, she hits out at UK authorities and vows to return

The mother of a boy suffering from severe epilepsy has had cannabis oil confiscated from her at Heathrow Airport today after she brought the product from Canada to treat him.

Charlotte Caldwell flew into the UK with a consignment of the banned oil which she insists helps her 12-year-old son Billy cope with his condition.

British customs officers seized the oil this afternoon, prompting Ms Caldwell to vow to return to Toronto and keep trying to bring the treatment to the UK.

Charlotte Caldwell had banned cannabis oil she brought to the UK to treat her son Billy seized today at Heathrow. She later met minister Nick Hurd at the Home Office to discuss the case

The mother, from Northern Ireland, said: 'It's a very sad day in 2018 that us parents who have children with this absolutely brutal condition, epilepsy, that we have to flee our own country to get medicine for our children.'

Asked what she would do next, she replied: 'I'll just go back to Canada and I'll get more because my son has a right to have his anti-epileptic medicine in this country.'

She described the customs officers who seized the oil as 'absolute gentlemen', adding: 'They were very conflicted about removing it, one of them had tears in his eyes.'

She was not cautioned by border officials, Sky News reported.

The families of eight other children with epilepsy who are supporting her campaign met her at the airport to show their support.

Ms Caldwell insisted they would continue campaigning to have the oil made available in Britain.

Ms Caldwell, pictured at Heathrow with her son today, said she will return to Canada for the oil

She said: 'We will not stop, we are not going to stop. We are not going to give up. We have love, hope and faith for our kids. We are going to get the medicine for our children so they might as well give it to us.

'I'm horrified that they have removed it.'

Billy became the first patient in Britain to be prescribed cannabis-based medication on the NHS after enduring up to 100 seizures a day and routinely ending up in hospital.

Ms Caldwell insists the oil dramatically improves her son's condition and wants him to be given the treatment in the UK

He was originally given the treatment by a doctor in the US, where it is legal in the majority of states. Ms Caldwell said it rapidly stopped Billy's seizures and drastically improved his quality of life.

But the single mother from Castlederg, County Tyrone, was left distraught last month when the Home Office told her family doctor to stop doling out the drug or face suspension or withdrawal of their licence to practise.

She said today that she is planning to meet Home Office minister Nick Hurd later today to discuss her son's case.

She added: 'It's Billy's anti-epileptic medication that Nick Hurd has taken away, it's not some sort of joint full of recreational cannabis, it is his anti-epileptic medication that he has taken off me at the airport today.'

She later met Mr Hurd at the Home Office on Monday afternoon to plead to him 'parent to parent' to get the oil back.

After the meeting, she said Mr Hurd had not returned the oil but said he would offer her 'a solution' by 5pm, when she would give a further statement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5829787/Mother-epileptic-sons-cannabis-oil-seized-Heathrow.html

pics and vid on link

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Ital said:

Great having this lady bringing huge exposure to the Medical Cannabis Cause but why didn't she do this after getting her son the medicine.  Either way I wish her and family the best possible outcome.

same thing would have happened mate imho they would have called to the house and confiscated it and maybe taken the kid into care ihmo

50 minutes ago, Joolz said:

since the gp who was prescribing cannabis for Billy was told to cease or lose his licence by the governbent

Cannabis oil is illegal so how was the prescription fulfilled? Imported under licence? Sativex?

4 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

Cannabis oil is illegal so how was the prescription fulfilled? Imported under licence? Sativex?

so is  Heroin mate but you can still get it on prescription

5 people like this

Just now, Jimboo said:

Yes but heroin is legally prescribable as a medicine (schedule 2). Cannabis is not.

And still there's the idiots in the comments sections of the articles and on facebook still saying "it's available at Holland and Barrett so why need to travel?" Bloody idiots. If it was so bloody good then she wouldn't be going all the way to Canada for the real stuff :wallbash:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

I hope that it's next to my death bed in years to come lol

Edited by Conspiranought

26 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

same thing would have happened mate imho they would have called to the house and confiscated it and maybe taken the kid into care ihmo

Thats a tragedy... a parent willing to do anything for their child only for some criteria obsessed Social Worker to decide you are not fit to be a parent.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

Yes but heroin is legally prescribable as a medicine (schedule 2). Cannabis is not.

Im lost mate lol disregard this post 

Cannabis is a Class B drug in the UK, but the cannabidiol CBD, which does not create the ‘high’ associated with recreational use, has been reclassified as a medicine by the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

This means doctors can, in exceptional cases, prescribe medicines containing CBD to be manufactured or imported for a patient’s use.

Ms Caldwell, 49, said Billy has suffered from epilepsy since he was a baby and during his worst periods had 100 fits a day. But since the US trip in November, his seizures reduced from around 25 a month to about eight, and he has not had one for the past three months.

“Whatever the rights and wrongs, we had a child here who had benefitted and the child’s welfare was paramount. On that basis I issued a prescription and letter,” said Dr O’Hare, according to The Telegraph.

Billy currently takes two types of cannabis oil – one containing CBD and the other made from the compoundtetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), which is strictly illegal in the UK due to its association with the psychoactive effects of cannabis.

“It's two little bottles of oil. One is a CBD which is really good quality whole plant extract - no synthetics, no chemicals,” Ms Caldwell told ITV’s This Morning programme.

“And the other bottle is a THCA, which is the part that the controversy is about in our country - 0.2 is the legal limit but this is slightly over that level. It's working for him. Billy is just over 90 days seizure-free today.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-cannabis-marijuana-prescription-first-11-year-old-boy-billy-caldwell-epilepsy-a7711436.html

Edited by Jimboo
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

has been reclassified as a medicine by the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

Just to let y'all know that of all the useless fuckers in the state sector, these are top of the shitheap.

I have a letter from them which effectively goes through their charter, and denies every point. Fucking fuckers. Even my MP wasn't impressed. But, what can you do ?

lol scrap all that last post @Simple Jack

Billy's THCA oil has been sourced by pharmaceutical start-up GreenLight Medicines. It is working with University College Dublin and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland on exploring the 'full potential of cannabis and cannabinoids as a medicine'.

GreenLight chief executive Dr James Linden claims there is 'increasing evidence' that cannabinoids are an 'effective form of treatment' for many illnesses, including MS, arthritis, epilepsy and cancer.

In Billy's case, GreenLight acted as an intermediary, finding 'a medical cannabis company in Canada, approved by their health service' which agreed to send new medication to Charlotte. Although THCA is a controlled substance, because Billy has been prescribed it by the NHS, this is entirely legal, they claim.

A large trial carried out across 11 US epilepsy centres, published in the Lancet Neurology journal in 2015, found that 214 patients who received cannabis oil for 12 weeks saw their seizures decrease by an average of 54 per cent. All the patients had epilepsy that did not respond to currently available treatments.

Last year, a cross-party group of MPs and peers led an inquiry into the drug's potential to help patients. The group took evidence from more than 600 patients and medical professionals and commissioned a consultant neurologist, Professor Mike Barnes, to review published research on the drug's potential to alleviate medical problems.

He found 'good evidence' that cannabis can help with chronic pain, muscle spasms often associated with MS, the management of anxiety, and nausea and vomiting, particularly when caused as a side effect of chemotherapy.

'I'VE GOT MY BOY BACK'

In December, an Irish government Bill was passed to make cannabis, including THCA, available in Ireland for medicinal use. However, there are no such plans at this time to follow suit in England – barring specific request from scientists undertaking research.

Experts warn the success of cannabis oil varies from patient to patient. 'It will not be a miracle cure for everyone,' says Dr Colin Doherty, consultant neurologist at St James's Hospital in Dublin.

'Ten per cent will see their seizures go away, 35 per cent will see an improvement, and the rest will experience no improvement.

'There is also no widespread data on its safety. But it is a useful addition to the armoury in fighting epilepsy. The jury is also still out on whether adding THCA is necessary.'

But Charlotte has no doubt about the huge benefit the medication has had on Billy. 'This treatment has given Billy back to me,' she says. 'He's been more than 90 days without a seizure now. We don't know what will happen in the future – he isn't cured. But it is incredible that the illness is being kept at bay by this little bottle of oil

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4458336/Cannabis-NHS-Boy-11-given-drug.html

3 people like this