Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parleypear

Opinion on silverstar light kit

Posted (edited)

Hi guys. Have seen this on ebay seems a good price but is it any good? 

Edited by Golden Syrup

Posted (edited)

i will give you my opinion, but I don't think you will like it.

In my experience, cheap ballasts and air cooled reflectors are generally shite.

Ive just returned 3 of the omega digital ballasts which arrived, brand new, and worked for less than an hour. utter crap.

Ive never even hears of the ballasts in the advert, and suspect they are cheaply made Chinese garbage.

I replaced them with LUMii digita ones. they are a bit more expensive, but my last ones were still going strong 6 years after I bought them. SO its worth spending a bit more at the start, rather than buy cheap, and have to replace it half way thru a grow, or after 6 months or a year, generally just after the guarantee has expired. 

same with the reflector, I will bet my bottom dollar that it will leak air around the seal.

sorry for sounding so negative, and if you are just planning a couple of grows and are on a serious tight budget, they might be ok, but if you are in it for the long term, I wouldn't bother personally.

Edited by badbillybob