Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

badbillybob

billys big box room bonanza

102 posts in this topic

No point checking temps till there's plants a growing  :P  but your temps are nearly in the sweet spot  :naughty:

as for your fans being out of balance, have you tried stripping them down & give the blades a good old clean ?

also, its quite easy to replace the two bearings inside the fan & are relatively cheap to get, just check your fan models specs if you can

or you can check out the Change your rvk bearings thread in the DiY section  HERE      

2 people like this

yeah mate, I gave the blades a scrub down before I fitted the fan, but I never took it to pieces. 

It doesn't feel like there is any play in the main shaft, but I suppose id have to strip it down and check out the bearings.

But ive got another problem- HEAT. 

these were ok keeping 27/28 degrees last night when it was cool outside, but today we are into the 30's, and that's only with 4 lights, at 600w and the extract fan at 100%, which I really wanted to avoid if possible, for noise outside.. 

I can hear it outside so drastic action is required. In the mean time I will drop the lights down to 400W .

So its back to the drawing board. I really thought 2 x 12 inch fans and an 8 inch intake would have meant no issues but well well.

SO now im looking at air cooled hoods - I know I know they are crap mostly, but  I need the temps down, and I cant exactly upgrade my extraction can I?

I think I might just go with 3 of them off a 6 inch fan, but im gonna have to go for the cheapos cos im totally broke, and they are going on the credit card.

In the words of the great philosopher Socrates - ......................................Bollox.

2 people like this

so this week has been spending yet more invisible credit card money

New hailea HC300A chiller- 320 quid- ouch kerching

new lights 3 air cooled reflectors, 180 quid -kerching

new 8 inch  RVK a1 fan for lights-85 quid- kerching

ducting for lights-18 quid- kerching

8-6 inch reducer for fan to lights- 15 quid- kerching

Pump and hose for chiller- 20 quid- ker-fucking - ching.

Still it should mean I can ramp the lights up to 600W in safe knowledge that my fans wont move from idle.

the heater on my controller has packed up, not sure why, but I did find it in a skip (the heater), but it worked fine last week, gawd knows I havnt even looked at it.

Will either be the changover contacts in the controller stuck, a blown fuse in the heater wiring or something, I don't care, I don't need the bloody thing anyway. im gonna put my old oil filled rad in there, it works off a thermostat, and is 100% reliable. I will work it off a timer for lights off.

Its not needed till bloom anyway.

SO that pretty much covers it, if you want to see it in action go and head on over to the Dinafem seeds forum on here, ive started a diary, woop woop!

3 people like this

28 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

so this week has been spending yet more invisible credit card money

New hailea HC300A chiller- 320 quid- ouch kerching

new lights 3 air cooled reflectors, 180 quid -kerching

new 8 inch  RVK a1 fan for lights-85 quid- kerching

ducting for lights-18 quid- kerching

8-6 inch reducer for fan to lights- 15 quid- kerching

Pump and hose for chiller- 20 quid- ker-fucking - ching.

Still it should mean I can ramp the lights up to 600W in safe knowledge that my fans wont move from idle.

the heater on my controller has packed up, not sure why, but I did find it in a skip (the heater), but it worked fine last week, gawd knows I havnt even looked at it.

Will either be the changover contacts in the controller stuck, a blown fuse in the heater wiring or something, I don't care, I don't need the bloody thing anyway. im gonna put my old oil filled rad in there, it works off a thermostat, and is 100% reliable. I will work it off a timer for lights off.

Its not needed till bloom anyway.

SO that pretty much covers it, if you want to see it in action go and head on over to the Dinafem seeds forum on here, ive started a diary, woop woop!

wheres the diary m8 i can't see it

its  here

Just now, Joint hogger said:

its  here

thank you @Joint hogger

thanks jointhogger, im useless with technology

Posted (edited)

yeah kinda figured that, especially when you put the diary in the Dinafem 2017-2018 section  lol

Edited by Joint hogger

that's where i meant to put it

,its a Dinafem strain

yeah but is there not a seperate 2018 diary section ? 

lol  only pulling yer wanger mate  :nenenenene:

1 person likes this

Ha , you nearly had me checking to see

1 person likes this

just as an update on this, the heating function of the controller screwed up. Not sure why (cheap Chinese electronic controller probably) 

I was using a 2kw  electric fan heater, and the controller is rated for a 2kw heater, but maybe it spikes or something, who knows.

Anyway the same heater has been re-plugged and is adjustable, so I set it to setting 2 , out of 3, and work it off  segment timer, for lights off. 

It keeps the rom at 20 degrees lights off- magic.

Ive also unplugged the single variac controller for the single  12 inch rvk out take fan, its not needed,

I will disconnect it tomorrow and change out the bearings as it is a bit louder than the new fan. Its got a bit of vibration too, but I bought it second hand for 30 odd quid so what do you expect.?

Hopefully some new bearings will sort it.