Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dynex CEO

Adjust pH of plain water every other feed in soil?

Just a question that's been plaguing my mind today...

I've always adjusted the pH of my water when nutrients have been added but don't when I feed them just plain water every other watering. Do you?

Good growing :cowboy:

Posted (edited)

I think the general consensus on here is that measuring and adjusting the pH of your water in soil causes more problems than it solves.

:yinyang:

Edited by Fry
4 people like this

The question is why would you feed just water every other feed?

Owd

3 people like this

Are you in Soil ! Or Compost? 

1 person likes this

No PH in soil and i feed every watering :yinyang:

Farmer

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Fry said:

I think the general consensus on here is that measuring and adjusting the pH of your water in soil causes more problems than it solves.

:yinyang:

I never adjusted pH until I had some lockout problems a few grows ago and couldn't put it down to anything else, cheers for reply :)

16 hours ago, Owderb said:

The question is why would you feed just water every other feed?

Owd

Always been told to follow, feed water feed water. Starting to think this was bad advice haha

16 hours ago, Fonz said:

Are you in Soil ! Or Compost? 

Jack Magic All Purpose Compost 

15 hours ago, FARMER G said:

No PH in soil and i feed every watering :yinyang:

Farmer

Cheers :) 

1 person likes this

Soil will buffer ur PH which is one big bonus of using soil lol

Feed feed feed feed feed till the end then plain water if ur not using organic nutes.

Oh and read read read 

Atb

JJ

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Read read read, but make sure you are reading about growing in compost.  One of the biggest causes of problems is people trying to apply the weird and wonderful things hydro growers have to do to compost growing.

You should feed bloom (or tomato feed) with every watering once they go into flower.  The shouldn't need anything extra before that.  Don't try to pH your water unless you live somewhere where the tapwater is very alkaline, and AFAIK that doesn't apply to anywhere in the UK.

Edited by squirrel
1 person likes this

I have always used promix and feed water feed water. I make sure there's a good amount of run off and don't have problems with salt buildup or deficiencies. Everybody does it differently but this has always worked fine for me.