Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Inspiration101

Old times x Old times

104 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, madgiz said:

I did make some Oldtimes f2's about 5 years ago so chances are they are from my stock,, :yep:

Best of luck with them..

I've still got some of them might get them popped 

3 people like this

Just waiting on the 8" ducting to arrive, should have been here yesterday, once I have that I think two more hours in the shed should get things completed.

Pics and updates to follow tomorrow all being well :)

Posted (edited)

Well that was a lot of work yesterday ! Finally completed my shed grow project area.

I have a 10ft x 8ft tongue and groove shed on a 1 inch raised plastic floored area out the back of the garden under a mahoosive mother tree to a million daily visitors.

The back 1/3 of the shed has been sectioned off using spare bits of chipboard, fully lined and insulated with 10mm thick foam carpet underlay which I have staplegunned onto the interior.  Over the insulation is a layer (in some places overlapping so double layer) of double bubble & double foil insulation (1.2m x 25m roll), once again staple gunned on - Turns out a pack of "1000pc Stanley SharpShooter Heavy Duty Staples 6-14mm Type 4/11/140" was just about right, by the time I was finished there was only 100 staples remaining and I was very liberal with them also to be fair. If anything the next size up would have made life easier as it is not possible to staple through two layers of foam and the bubblewrap into the shed - Had to rip a small hole of foam out so the staple could be affixed a couple of times.

Disclaimer: I am no DIY expert.  I am a computer geekoid who dislikes football, couldn't care less for cars and would rather be shooting a gun - So be nice ;)   

The back end of the shed with the doors closed, 6" intake from my brand new Black Orchid Mixed Flo In Line Ducting Extractor on the left with silver ducting; 8" Rhino Pro Filter and acoustic box on the right with black ducting : 

large.5b25f8a5ae642_DOORSCLOSED.JPG

Lets open those doors and see within, a few layers of foam insulation and bubble wrap to fight past, just roll up the central bubble wrap and secure up there so can gain entry.:

large.5b25f8570dc75_DOORSOPENED.JPG

I am using a Maxibrite Goldstar air cooled hood without the air cooled bit, I removed the glass so intake cool air just flows over the bulb and down onto the plants.  It is currently housing a 1000w Sunmaster Dual Spectrum bulb running at 660w - Only had on a day and just for test whilst I find the correct cable for my 1000w ballast as using my smaller 250-660w Maxibrite ballast in the meantime.  Soon I will switch over to the new Phillips 1000w Son T bulb : 

large.5b25f85f5450c_Rightsideopenview.JPG

There's the five Oldtimes x Oldtimes ladies finding their feet in their new home.  No more outdoor playtime for these ladies, they are fully organic, not been topped, trimmed, fimmed, skimmed, bent, leant, or ANYTHING.  Grown from seed and spent the first two weeks under a 40w blue bulb in a 40x40x140 tent before finding their way into the garden.  Tallest lady is 82cm, shortest is 70cm.  The three smaller plants are Sweet Seeds Cream47 who have been topped and are three weeks younger.

A few more shots, a quick blurb about my plans and then will leave it there for a bit before returning with a progress update:

The right side of this picture shows the 8" acoustic extraction fan box which I have tidily wrapped some foil bubble wrap around and tied it in place, this is in the front right corner of the grow area and has tidied up the corner massively, am well happy.  A Cream47 a week after having been topped in centre shot.

large.5b25f898706eb_Cream472.JPG

Hooks and chains were the way forwards, managed to get my light hood and carbon filter up using this simple method, now I have it sussed I don't think anything other than hooks and chains will be acceptable for the future ! Originally I did intend to have 2 x 400w setups on the go but once I got to building and since I had the higher wattage stuff I thought it would be simpler just to have the one hood in the middle with a stronger bulb and rely on good heat exchange to take care of the rest......let's see how that pans out.

large.5b25f8ad71c53_Chainsandhooks.JPG

I think I will be taking a clone from the one with the best branching and overall shape that is symmetrical, this is the smallest one.  I don't want lots of plants as the law take a dim view on people with double figure plants so having the one clone will take me to 9 plants which I am comfortable with.  The ladies are getting their first dose of 12/12 today also, lights off at 8am, lights on 8pm will be the new regiment........lets see how the infamous "stretch" goes.

Here we go, final shot for now, I have others in my gallery but this will be sufficient.  I will have to think about either just doing a few updates here up until completion or creating a fresh diary in the correct sub forum, or maybe ask for this one to be moved ? Who knows, we will see, thanks for watching and moreso if you give me some good advice as it's lonely being a grower in the UK.  I believe this is my 14th grow :)

large.5b25f86b10c4e_leftsideopenview.JPG

Edited by Inspiration101
10 people like this

Looking good :) no need to bow ill just take a hand shake !!! 

All jokes aside i wasnt being funny i was just explaining the reason for the topic move as it seemed to take the jam out of your doughnut ;)

Farmer 

1 person likes this

The SSH X PS are well, well worth a try too I'd say.......

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, FARMER G said:

Looking good :) no need to bow ill just take a hand shake !!! 

All jokes aside i wasnt being funny i was just explaining the reason for the topic move as it seemed to take the jam out of your doughnut ;)

Farmer 

Yep, no worries, you were spot on, just me being a grumper as my wife calls it.  You are keeping the forums clean, thanks for that ! :)

7 hours ago, ramblingmadman said:

The SSH X PS are well, well worth a try too I'd say.......

Agreed, am mulling it over.  I think I have had enough playing with auto's, fast versions and feminised seeds - Regulars for a few projects now, I feel they are stronger and yield a better end result in terms of aroma, flavour and weightiness in the buds.

It was a toss up between the SSH x PS and the Old Times x Old Times to be fair, the more I think on it the more I convince myself this will make for a fantastic Christmas smoke, time will tell ! 

2 people like this

ive grown oldtimes and oldtimesXBlues ,both were quite rushy sats .

the oldtimeblues as i called it gave me the fear only the 2nd time its happened in 8.5years pure smoking.

your in for some fun for sure ,good luck and happy smokes .

5 people like this

hi guys, can anyone tell me what the ES and esb are in oldtimes?

1 person likes this

As far as I know these are the only bits of info available unless oldtimer can add anything else? 

2 people like this

Esb

Also known as extra special bud. A selected Nigerian Skunk to DJ Shorts original Blueberry.

Is that what your after?

Tenchie.

2 people like this

@grotbags

Might also be worth having a read here

2 people like this

Great info above, thanks for sharing ! 

A quick update on the grow, its completed 1 week of 12/12 now and a new 1000w Phillips Son T bulb has gone in - I have moved the reflector with bulb into the highest position possible and will work out how close I can get it later tonight.  The bulb cost a small fortune and has only been used by me at 660w setting for probably half a grow so am overjoyed to be plugging it in and finally getting my moneys worth and run it at its standard 1000w.

As I have no fan speed controller (and no spare money for one) I can hear the 6" intake and 8"extraction units running at 100% so have just ordered 2 of those mains plug in dimmer jobbies, am hoping to ramp it down to 1/2 speed and save on noise, will just have to get a proper pro controller when I have some money spare - Any and all recommendations on budget to mid range products that definitely kick ass would be good, from £50 up to £250 I suppose ;)    

I have blabbed enough, here is just the one shot of the tent for now, all being well, in a week or three I will return with some nice flower head shots : 

large.5b2f5bcb00e57_OldTimes1weekFlowering.JPG

9 people like this

Week 2 of 12/12 is now complete, thankfully the ladies have not stretched that much, they are going to max out my height by the time this is done though I feel.

The 5 ladies take up so much space I doubt I will be able to squeeze in my 3 Cream47 vegging in the sun outside, they are due to go in the shed next Sunday, we will see haha.

Here are two shots showing the current progress.  They got a hit of fishmix last night, I think that makes 3 small feeds in their lifetime so far.

large.5b3888ec01add_OldTimesrightsideweek2.JPG

Looking at the other side of the tent with the largest lady :

large.5b3888e3700e1_OldtimesleftsideWeek2.JPG

7 people like this

Sunday update.  3 weeks of 12/12 completed.  This week saw a lot of upward growth, and I have just spent a couple of hours sorting all the ladies out.

The bottom 1/4 of each Old Times has been removed.  They have all just had a really good watering with the addition of 5ml litre of FishMix - As you can see the colour is great on the ladies so far.

The light was turned down to 660w on Wednesday as it was just too hot, shall keep it running on this for the foreseeable future and switch back to 1000w if the heat calms down.

I have 3 Cream47 also which are now joining the Old Times in the tent - So a total of 8 plants.

Here are the pics : 

The tallest Old Times  

large.5b41b2cee839c_OldTimestallest.JPG

The 2nd Tallest

large.5b41b2b445056_OldTimes2ndtallest.JPG

Other side of the area by the extraction and carbon filter

large.5b41b2c107501_OldtimesCF_Side.JPG

A group shot of all 8 plants inside 

large.5b41b2ac501fe_Groupshotinsidewk3.JPG

5 people like this