Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mike43

Auto Purple Bud

Hello--I am a newbie to the site and would like some info' regarding when to switch from my veg' nutrients to flowering nutrients. I have been using Miracle Grow half strength for most of the veg stage. I have been a gardener for over 60 years. I know when to feed my tomatoes with nutrients but just looking for signs for feeding my weed. The plants are nearing 7 weeks old now and are showing white pistils. At the top of the plant they are about 6 mm long and shorter lower down the plant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blackpoolbouncer is the guy for this, feeding is his science. Quite a bit to look through but it's pretty much all here.

1 person likes this

@Mike43 welcome aboard fellow gardener. 

You should be on full bloom nutrients by now or getting close.

The sooner you get off that miracle grow the better. It isn't well suited for our needs and is shite in general in my humble opinion. 

At 7 weeks you should be fairly well into bud production. What are you growing and how long does the packet say they take? Also what compost are you farming in? 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The plants are feminized purple bud automatic.large.5b19351edbe18_PurpleBudauto.jpg

Edited by Mike43
just to say I uploaded photo at last.
1 person likes this

Have you got any Tomato feed? I've had some reasonable results with it in the past, and if your a gardener the chances are you may have some kicking around the shed.

Just an idea :g:

Got any chempak no 8 kicking about?  its perfect for flowering. 

4 hours ago, stoned_ape said:

Have you got any Tomato feed? I've had some reasonable results with it in the past, and if your a gardener the chances are you may have some kicking around the shed.

Just an idea :g:

As you say I am a gardener and have plenty of tomato feed in the cupboard. Looking at the photo, is it time to start feeding with flowering nutrients (Tomorite) if so what sort of dose initially. Thanks.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Got any chempak no 8 kicking about?  its perfect for flowering. 

Thanks, I can get hold of Chempac number 8 as Thompson and Morgan owe me for free delivery. Is it as good or better than Tomato feed. Have you used it for your plants. Thanks for replying.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Mike43 said:

As you say I am a gardener and have plenty of tomato feed in the cupboard. Looking at the photo, is it time to start feeding with flowering nutrients (Tomorite) if so what sort of dose initially. Thanks.

Yes and I would start with 1/2 strength and see how she goes from there :stoned:

Edited by stoned_ape

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Mike43 said:

Thanks, I can get hold of Chempac number 8 as Thompson and Morgan owe me for free delivery. Is it as good or better than Tomato feed. Have you used it for your plants. Thanks for replying.

yeah used it extensively for years,  you don't need to buy 'cannabis specific' stuff,  most the time its just the same stuff with a fancy label saying its for cannabis, which of course you pay extra for.

I use no 2 for veg,  number 3 going into flowering and then number 8 the whole way through flowering,  normally starting at quarter strength and only going up when plants need it...  Often chuck in some maxicrop seaweed extract too for good measure.  I get 10L ones because grow alot of veggies.    (you can skip the number 3 or just mix some 2 and 8 )

And yeah better than tomato feed, most tomato stuff will have higher N,  lower P and mega K,  not really what you want for flowering.  

Edited by Amarillo slim

On 6/9/2018 at 4:10 PM, Amarillo slim said:

yeah used it extensively for years,  you don't need to buy 'cannabis specific' stuff,  most the time its just the same stuff with a fancy label saying its for cannabis, which of course you pay extra for.

I use no 2 for veg,  number 3 going into flowering and then number 8 the whole way through flowering,  normally starting at quarter strength and only going up when plants need it...  Often chuck in some maxicrop seaweed extract too for good measure.  I get 10L ones because grow alot of veggies.    (you can skip the number 3 or just mix some 2 and 8 )

And yeah better than tomato feed, most tomato stuff will have higher N,  lower P and mega K,  not really what you want for flowering.  

Thanks for the info' very helpful. Chempac 8 came yesterday so will give them a gentle feed today starting at quarter strength and keep my fingers crossed.

1 person likes this