Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Simple Jack

The World Health Organization Takes First Steps to Reschedule Marijuana

The World Health Organization Takes First Steps to Reschedule Marijuana

Yesterday, Americans for Safe Access (ASA), along with members of the International Medical Cannabis Patients Coalition (IMCPC), attended and delivered testimony at the 40th meeting of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Expert Committee on Drug Dependence (ECDD) being held in Geneva, Switzerland, June 4-7th, 2018.

In a milestone moment for medical cannabis patients, the ECDD will be reviewing and assessing the medical uses and harms of Cannabis, in order to recommend the most appropriate classification to be applied internationally. The agenda of the meeting is dedicated to carrying out pre-reviews of cannabis and cannabis-related substances. Members of ASA and IMCPC produced and delivered 1 Critical Review and 3 Pre-Review reports on Cannabidiol (CBD), Cannabis plant and cannabis resin, Extracts and tinctures of cannabis, and Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which included references and recommendations for the committee to use in their review.

This critical work is long overdue considering the original scheduling of cannabis was created based on a report created by the Health Committee of the League of Nations in 1935 and international bodies have been calling on the WHO to address the scheduling of cannabis for almost a decade. In 2009, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, in its Resolution 52/5, requested an updated review by ECDD and in 2013, the International Narcotics Control Board in its annual report, invited WHO, in view of its mandate under the 1961 Convention, to evaluate “the potential medical utility of cannabis and the extent to which cannabis poses dangers to human health.” Cannabis is currently scheduled in Schedules I and IV of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs as amended by the 1972 Protocol (the “Single Convention”).

The Critical Review and 3 Pre-Review reports are responses to the WHO’s ECDD technical documents, which outline the medical efficacy, toxicology, and epidemiology of various preparations of cannabis.

During the meeting, medical cannabis patient advocacy groups from Argentina, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Germany, New Zealand, the Netherlands, South Africa, and the United States presented to world leaders in an effort to recommend changes in the international scheduling of these cannabis preparations and products. All were excited that the ECDD were finally starting this process of looking at new information regarding cannabis as medicine.

“The current international policies on cannabis are outdated and are having a detrimental impact on patients in the United States and worldwide,” said Steph Sherer, Executive Director of Americans for Safe Access, “Furthermore these policies do not reflect the reality of over 30 countries globally that have passed medical cannabis laws.”

“The reports posted by WHO are supportive of nations considering rescheduling or de-scheduling CBD, pure-THC, cannabis, and cannabis extracts,” said ASA Chief Science Officer, Jahan Marcu, Phd., “Hopefully, the work of the WHO will allow international leaders to expand access with policy recommendations and changes with reports showing that the public health risk of cannabis and its extracts are minimal.”

https://www.weednews.co/the-world-health-organization-takes-first-steps-to-reschedule-marijuana/

4 people like this

Hi
During the meeting, medical cannabis patient advocacy groups from Argentina, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Germany, New Zealand, the Netherlands, South Africa, and the United States presented to world leaders in an effort to recommend changes in the international scheduling of these cannabis preparations and products. All were excited that the ECDD were finally starting this process of looking at new information regarding cannabis as medicine.

The UK not in it, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Again! No one like us lol UK are so far behind we are becoming cave people! so sad!  

UK Stoners just hit the... 

Highway Tune By Greta Van Fleet (2017 great band live Hint Hint UK festivals)  

Bongme :yinyang:

3 people like this

Funny that Commonwealth nations are supportive but not the country of the monarch ... and people think government works lol

5 people like this

sounded a bit like Robert Plant.

Hi ursus1000

sounded a bit like Robert Plant.

Thats why folks should see them live pure power coming at you,the guitarist solos are just as good as AC/DC just one of the bands have to be seen to believed.

Robert Plant talks about Greta Van Fleet (2018)

1 person likes this

@bongme Greta Van Fleet! Only just discovered these guys a couple weeks ago! :yep:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

hi SevernValleySavant

How are mate good i trust :yep:

I seen them live in one of the studios in USA when they asked me to do some work for them :yep:

I personally think they are great wee band the full set is rocket great stuff, there is a couple of live sets on you-tube but the sound is not that good, as you know most great bands sound shit on Vid its when you see them live they just blow you out of the park or studio! :yep:

Rock Heads should try them out 

Edited by bongme
2 people like this

Pretty damned good, all they need is a John Bonham on drums and you got Led Zep II in the making.

Hi Peregrine

Hope your well :yep:

Pretty damned good, all they need is a John Bonham on drums and you got Led Zep II in the making.

Yea but this is a straight forward rock track they also do there own sound too and no other drummer could do it like him, the other thing i like about them is they are like the  OLD band The Who they are ALL front men its interesting to watch! 

Here is live piece but the sound is not great best i could find but it will give you a idea hear the drummer now  etc.... (you have to see them live)

"Safari Song" By Greta Van Fleet

I think they're great. It sounds weird to say it, but it's kinda refreshing hearing them and their style. Old but new but original and talented. I like all sorts though, from Deep House to Progressive Metal to Opera.

Hi

Just a Lunch time chat in work :wassnnme:

while am on a break and talking of music...

How down the pan has  music gone from this...

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Cream
AC/DC
Arcade Fire 
Blur
Arctic Monkeys
Foo Fighters
Guns N' Roses

and many many great experimental and class bands too...

well there is no bands just microphone  singers really:

Kate Perry
 Rihanna
Rita Ora
Taylor Swift
Miley Cyrus
Justin Bieber
Selena Gomez

and so on

ALL CHEAP singers all you need is a microphone and and some else to do the songs for you in other words no talent and all about what you look like dont get it?

while am here why do you Brits Pay Chris Evens millions he never brings anything to the table no new bands no new ideas no new comsepts what he does you can get loads of Gob off DJs in Youtube alone, even i bring in more am sorry dont get him and why he is worth millions? :unsure:

A new UK band on the Horizon 

LongDayLateNight By Who Broke the Tree?

Other New UK bands...

Yonaka
The Sherlocks
The Amazons 
The Keep Cats

and more if you would like a wee list

Give the Millions to UK420 I say lol

Posted (edited)

Hi

my mate in work have just got Greta Van Fleet with guns and roses support band :yep:

Once again stoners seen it done it first :wassnnme: watch how big they become now :yep:

Edited by bongme