Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Reflektor

First time grow - do I have a hermie on my hands?

Posted (edited)

Hi folks, first time grower here. Started under T5s and quickly upgraded to 300w full spectrum LED, then out in the greenhouse to lap up the early summer since around 3 weeks old.

Some have been submitted to varying levels of stress no doubt, varying light hours, 100 degree heat, PH fluctuations etc - and a little worried that I’m seeing hermie tendencies on the plant attached, what do you guys think?

large.FB00BDCC-A995-4D0D-BD1A-12F1BDBD7CCE.jpeglarge.9E94591D-0EE0-44E5-8C7C-15F6E3142D01.jpeg

Edited by Reflektor
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

those are female pre-flowers. buds are made from lots of those. male flowers look quite different and don't have pistils

autos rarely suffer hermaphrodite issues, also.

Edited by The lone stoner
6 people like this

Nothing to worry about mate.

3 people like this

Good news, thanks.

i was hopeful but wanted to check just in case I could salvage the rest in the worst case 

1 person likes this

I remember thinking the same on my first grow :)

as everyone has said, no worries, just preflowers. A good sign!

A bit of stress won't cause any harm, if anything it makes them work harder!

Good luck with it all.

1 person likes this

i ended up with a bag of seeds from my white widow auto on my first grow, now got a monster northern lights in my garden (Auto aswell)

On 04/06/2018 at 10:50 PM, Reflektor said:

Hi folks, first time grower here. Started under T5s and quickly upgraded to 300w full spectrum LED, then out in the greenhouse to lap up the early summer since around 3 weeks old.

Some have been submitted to varying levels of stress no doubt, varying light hours, 100 degree heat, PH fluctuations etc - and a little worried that I’m seeing hermie tendencies on the plant attached, what do you guys think?

large.FB00BDCC-A995-4D0D-BD1A-12F1BDBD7CCE.jpeglarge.9E94591D-0EE0-44E5-8C7C-15F6E3142D01.jpeg

As healthy as a vegetarian nun's armpit !!

Nice growing fella .. don't stress, they can take a lot more than you think. :yep:

2 people like this

Thanks man. 

Yeah I'm delighted with the grow so far, I've been trying to list a grow diary as I have loads of great photos, but I don't have a PC to work with and am unable to shrink many of my pics to a size that this site is happy to handle.

I've got glorious pistil production now, and a fair few chunky buds starting to form - I'm only about 10 days out from seed suppliers suggested full term but as they've been mostly grown under sun I reckon they've got at least 2 weeks to go, maybe up to 3(?)..

It's been a delight to grow these wonderful plants and I've been learning lots in the process. Truly a most rewarding hobby.

I must add, I've been using extraction and a dehumidifier in my greenhouse in order to scrub and keep rel.humidity down.. and so far it's been working a treat. Although the sweet smell of success does hit you in the face when you open the greenhouse door now.. I'm hoping that as they get further into flower it doesn't start to leak out..

1 person likes this