Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Autocultivator

Looking for some help

Hi I've been growing for a while now but my weed has started to taste poor compared to when I 1st started not sure what it could be down to, could it be temp as I'm struggling to get it below 28 usually runs around 28.5 or could it be that I've changed my pot size from 8.5 ltrs to 15 ltrs Any ideas would be a great help thenks 

Posted (edited)

Hey @Autocultivator As far as I know, taste is is dependent on drying your crop slowly once chopped, taking around 10 - 14 days or so until the stems snap when bent. Don't have a fan blowing on the buds but keep the extraction running. I aim to keep the temperatures no more than 18c. After 10 - 14 days the buds are placed in brown bags for another 3 days or so. Once they have been put in jars, it is important to give them a 'burp' to exchange the air - I do this daily for about a week or so then just once in a while after. Sometimes the weed loses its smell initially, but that tends to return after the curing process is complete.

Hope that helps mate, Good Luck.

Edited by Sp1n
1 person likes this

Thanks for help mine usually dry before then So do u think my temp n pot size will be fine its more down to drying time than anything else mate

13 minutes ago, Autocultivator said:

Thanks for help mine usually dry before then So do u think my temp n pot size will be fine its more down to drying time than anything else mate

That's it yeah, the pot sizes and growing temps are fine. Taste is down to a good drying and curing process. Here is a link to a thread with loads of info, there are lots of other useful threads on drying in the 'harvesting & curing' forum also:

1 person likes this

Thanks for link, it's always dried kind of early, I make sure stork snaps before curing could it be drying to quick usually within 7 days buds r really crisp by then should I leave longer even though I get the snap and buds r real crisp, what do u think

When my buds have gone a little crispy when they have dried fairly quickly (during the summer months for example), I find that placing them in brown bags or a cardboard box for a few days helps to draw out the remaining moisture. This tends to allow for a more 'even dry' if that makes sense - it is the outer part of the bud which will have got a little crispy, the centre is still moist. Brown bagging helps to evenly spread the remaining moisture. Nice!

2 people like this

Excellent advice mate thanks again for help much appreciated hopefully it will work thanks again 

1 hour ago, Sp1n said:

Hey @Autocultivator As far as I know, taste is is dependent on drying your crop slowly once chopped, taking around 10 - 14 days or so until the stems snap when bent. Don't have a fan blowing on the buds but keep the extraction running. I aim to keep the temperatures no more than 18c. After 10 - 14 days the buds are placed in brown bags for another 3 days or so. Once they have been put in jars, it is important to give them a 'burp' to exchange the air - I do this daily for about a week or so then just once in a while after. Sometimes the weed loses its smell initially, but that tends to return after the curing process is complete.

Hope that helps mate, Good Luck.

1 person likes this