Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

1stTimeGrower

Upgrading fan & carbon filter

Hi all

looking to upgrade my 5inch extraction to a higher power 6inch (720m3)

Currently using rvk fan & rhino pro (360m3) (getting faint whiff after 2nd grow)

Hearing good things about mountain air and carboair but every online shop I visit seems to sell a complete kit with either a rhino or prima filters.

Say for example can I buy a carboair 6inch and a rvk fan 6inch separately will they match together with a fan clamp or do I need the specific fan to match ?

Budget around £300 

1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent 

Sorry for my confusion 

1 person likes this

So carboair are the hydroponic arm of systemair, so a RVK fan will probably work best on a fan made by systemair - so an RVK, or one of their revolution EC fans. 

A budget of £300 could buy you the following with change to spare for ducting etc. I'd recommend spending a bit more and getting a decent EC controller too. 

https://www.growandharvest.co.uk/product/carboair-60-carbon-filters/?attribute_pa_product-size=150mm-x-660mm-6

https://www.growandharvest.co.uk/product/systemair-revolution-stratos/?attribute_pa_product-fan-size=150mm-6

1 person likes this

Just make sure the filter has a equal or higher flow rate than your fan and you will be good. Pretty much you can use any brand filter to any brand fan as long as the flow rates are right. You should be good with a carboair as they have high flow rates.

3 people like this

@Golden Syrup @murran Thank you both for the quick advice.

With regards to the EC Controller (is that a fan controller?) I have one of these for my exhaust fan which has worked pretty well.

large.20180531_205948.jpg

Like the look of those 2 products you've linked for me, thanks again, be worth a phone call tomorrow to G&H. Would be nice to see how much air that fan pulls thought, ill have a quick google now!

Your fan controller won't run an EC fan, only an AC fan which RVK/box fans etc are. The new can fan, isomax, phresh and systemair fans are EC fans, it'll generally say in the product title.

2 people like this

@Golden Syrup thank you very much! 

1 person likes this