Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KlONE

A new take on an old theme ...

Just a quick post by way of introduction.  I`m a Northern lad  (Manchester) who has travelled all over, living for a number of years both on the continent and Stateside.  Finally returned to the 'Promised Land',  and landed in the Fens of East Anglia ... and I thought Manc was weird!!  A yank followed me back from my 5 years there so I married her and we picked up a teenage lad and a horde of canines (currently 4 and counting, down from 7) in the intervening centuries.  In years past I was a prodigious hash smoker, back when skunk was something that smelled rotten on the side of the road squished. I just kinda stopped (with a very memorable business trip to the Dam in the intervening years) although I have always partaken socially when the situation allowed.  Now however my wife has some fairly serious medical issues for which she is already using CBD with great success, except now she needs a bit more "ooompf"..  She too was a "user of the force" in days gone by so I figure, why not rekindle old (and much loved) practices and learn some new horticultural skillz in the process.  So I`ll be loitering with the intent to do something productive when I have accumulated the required know-how.  Should any of you feel inclined to mentor an old newbie I am certainly eager and hopefully quick to learn.
Been cracking reading so far and hopefully I'll make more individual acquaintances as time passes.  In the meantime take it easy y'all & be lucky!!!  :)

8 people like this

Youve certainly come to the right place for your needs, glad to have you on board fella, and really hope your medications work well for your wife :yep:

1 person likes this

Welcome bud, good luck with your new hobby......:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Welcome and very good luck with your growing!!

Plenty of info around here to give you a sense of what growing options there are - more than you can shake a stick at! Once you have made that choice, you're ready to get some shopping done and get going... When you get there, don't be shy, start a grow diary and you will get a lot of feedback and support - the expertise and care in the community here brought me a very nice return on my first grow - good folks, sound knowledge, and a desire to help others! You came to the right place!

:v:

Nice intro KIONE.

Welcome. I wish you every success.

Hi and Welcome. Get a grow diary started and everyone will chip in a guide you. They're good like that!

Reciprocating the hello, @bearukc. I’ve been trying out the CBD as well due to muscular back problems. They do help, although I wanted something a little more “oomph” as well, hence my first grow this year. Sorry about you having to live in the Fens - have you developed the webbing in between your toes yet? lol . Are you growing this year?

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, KlONE said:

Just a quick post by way of introduction.  I`m a Northern lad  (Manchester) who has travelled all over, living for a number of years both on the continent and Stateside.  Finally returned to the 'Promised Land',  and landed in the Fens of East Anglia ... and I thought Manc was weird!!  A yank followed me back from my 5 years there so I married her and we picked up a teenage lad and a horde of canines (currently 4 and counting, down from 7) in the intervening centuries.  In years past I was a prodigious hash smoker, back when skunk was something that smelled rotten on the side of the road squished. I just kinda stopped (with a very memorable business trip to the Dam in the intervening years) although I have always partaken socially when the situation allowed.  Now however my wife has some fairly serious medical issues for which she is already using CBD with great success, except now she needs a bit more "ooompf"..  She too was a "user of the force" in days gone by so I figure, why not rekindle old (and much loved) practices and learn some new horticultural skillz in the process.  So I`ll be loitering with the intent to do something productive when I have accumulated the required know-how.  Should any of you feel inclined to mentor an old newbie I am certainly eager and hopefully quick to learn.
Been cracking reading so far and hopefully I'll make more individual acquaintances as time passes.  In the meantime take it easy y'all & be lucky!!!  :)

Hi from a fellow Mancunian and welcome to the club

Welcome aboard. Hope the UK is welcoming enough for you.

CBD user myself, grew out some CBD/THC seeds rather than going the route of buying overpriced CBD products.

I think the combination of THC and CBD works well for various aches and pains. Mate of mine swears by it with respect to radiotherapy and chemo. Good for appetite also if that's suppressed.

Forgot the seed-banks I got my seeds from but there are a few seed companies producing top rated CBD/THC varieties.

Best of luck to yourself and your good wife.