Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Autobud

amber trichs at 7 weeks?

Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

Have a question as my 3 girls are now coming up to week 7 and buds developing nicely. In the last week trichs have turned milky and then earlier today I noticed some of the trichs have gone amber on all 3. I didn't want to go too much into amber with 2 of the girls. They do have a number of orange pistils but still some white growth but if the thc is starting to break down my question is should i harvest now even though they are only at 7 weeks? 

Cheers

Edited by Autobud

I would have thought they wouldn't quite be there just yet, at 7 weeks. It's difficult to say, photos always help! Your photos from a couple of weeks ago in your gallery look good.

If you harvest early you risk losing some yield. You also want to watch for the calyxes to swell up.

In my experience the top of the plant tends to mature first. The lower parts that don't get as much light might have fewer trichomes that have reached maturity. Try to assess the whole plant, and think about the proportion of trichs that are dying off - is it a small number here and there, just at the most mature parts?

I also find that some of the trichomes on the leaves are the first to mature and die off, so I pay less consideration to finding a few patches of red trichomes on these, and look more specifically at the flowers. If the leaves have any damage (eg from nutrient uptake problems) this can create patches of dead trichomes.

You may want to experiment with harvesting at different times. You could cut some buds off the plants and dry them while leaving others on the plant to grow. This can allow the lower buds more time to mature if they are taking longer, and it can also give you opportunity to find your own personal preferences as to how 'done' you like them. To do this requires somewhere to dry the buds while also keeping the tent operating with the live plants.

1 person likes this

I personally go on how the buds look, pistils browned off, retracted and swollen calyxes swollen etc..

@AutobudA picture would give us more idea, i've only ever had one grow finished at 7 weeks and that was Killerskunk, these were harvested at Day 50 into 12/12. >

large.59fe172dbbcbe_Killerskunkday50flowerpic4.jpglarge.59fe173260ce4_Killerskunkday50flowerpic7.jpglarge.59fe1730e9b94_Killerskunkday50flowerpic6.jpglarge.59fe173736133_Killerskunkday50flowerpic10.jpglarge.59fe17359a582_Killerskunkday50flowerpic9.jpg

Try and get a picture up, if they look like the above then i say chop em. :yep:

4 people like this

^ There's some great examples of swollen calyxes.

Presumably we are talking about autos which are 7 weeks from germination. The OP says elsewhere they have 2 sweet seeds jack 47 autos and 1 delicious seeds purple auto.

7 weeks is a bit quick for any auto I think. Sweet Seeds autos are all advertised between 7 and a half and 9 weeks. Dinafem and Dutch Passion both give times that tend to be a bit longer, typically 10 weeks, some longer. I don't know if that reflects any real facts and Sweet Seeds auto strains are actually any quicker than other leading brands. Jack 47 Auto says 9 weeks so isn't one of their faster strains.

1 person likes this

ah @delagdo never realised @Autobud was growing auto's, if so i agree 9 or 10 weeks all in is more realistic. :yep:

1 person likes this