Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PermanentWaves

Starting an auto at end of August

Morning, everyone - hope you’re all ok.

Hoping you might be able to help with this - do you think it’s possible to harvest an auto if I germinated it at the end of August? I’m on holiday for a couple of weeks in the middle of August and I fear a couple of the girls I’m growing now might not make it when I’m away as I’ll have no one to water them. I can leave them outside and hope we got some rain while we were away, but worst-case scenario - if I did lose them, would I have time to grow a fast auto in the greenhouse (and outside if we get a warm Sept) before it gets too chilly. Has anyone done any fast autos at the end of summer in the greenhouse?

cheers!

1 person likes this

i may be wrong mate,  but i would think that starting a grow in september would be too late even for autos  as the generally take about  2.5   months at least  till harvest ........ that'll take ya into december   and if its like it is here in wales in december  ....   its bloody freezing lol

3 people like this

Thanks for the reply - I had a feeling it might be a bit late but was hoping someone had managed a greenhouse grow with a really fast auto. I need to move to the Med:B): 

1 person likes this

From the test i did this year in the coldest part of the year with autos,  all they seem to do is grow upwards with no lateral growth and very slowly.  

look at my thread in autos or sweet seeds.       

The fastest auto i have ever done was berry blast.

You could always look at a 2L or 5L bottle and use it as a drip feeder or a wick system and keep them watered whilst on hols

Yes get a holiday drip feeder, should keep them alive.

get a easy2go aqua valve linked up to a decent res with nutrient solution,  stick plants in a tray with the valve,  come back to lush plants,  no autumn autos required :yes:

1 person likes this