Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

platinumbud

Customs tax for buying from horticultural lighting?

I have ordered a 250 led 288pcs from invisible sun uk and hoping for some feedback from these ? I’m also looking into import from horticultural lighting USA and feedback from any buyers, o have also came across atreum lighting USA, I was thinking of ordering from them but have heard accusations of being fake 288 boards and they also do 360 boards now I’m very confused 

1 person likes this

I can’t remember exactly how much tax was applied when I brought my light from Hlg, maybe 10/15%  I am guessing? it was definitely some tho.

Dunno about the fakes either, fairly sure they are available in the uk now tho, through a supplier, Good luckJj:yinyang:

1 person likes this

The important thing is the Samsung chips, HLG will give you a lower price invoice if you ask nicely or you can google uk diy led Sheffield if you want a custom made one. 

Ive just chopped 3 monsters grown under 6 quantum boards. 

2 people like this

I believe the import tax is 17% plus Vat plus a handling charge. I bought an item from Canada (not grow related) for 90 ish quid and got stung 35 quid extra!!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If ordering from HLG in the states, ask robin in a nice way to put a lower value on the receipt. I think I payed £40 import when I bought two 250 watt kits. Four days shipping. There is sellers on ebay doing Chinese imports of the quantums but it's hit or miss if your actually getting the Samsung diodes they say and there is no way of proving it. If it ain't got the hlg stamp on it aint 100% legit. Either boards work fine so up to the user whats more important.

Edited by tokenroll
added info
4 people like this

Oh dear so my one from eBay uk seller that’s company is invisible sun could be fake ? He says his are produced in the uk ? . I hope I can get this robin person I have emailed the msg contact thing, I was thinking of ordering meanwell drivers from meanwell uk and just buy boards and maybe a heatsink

1 hour ago, platinumbud said:

Oh dear so my one from eBay uk seller that’s company is invisible sun could be fake ? He says his are produced in the uk ? . I hope I can get this robin person I have emailed the msg contact thing, I was thinking of ordering meanwell drivers from meanwell uk and just buy boards and maybe a heatsink

Have you googled the man in Sheffield? He’s sound. 

As far as I know there are no uk based manufacturer's, yet.  Have been looking around myself as I'm quite interested in these.  A google search for "horticulture lighting group uk" should bring up any known distributors if there were any, all I see is an ebay trader.

Curious to know to, how would I know which boards to get with which driver?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Madmungo said:

Have you googled the man in Sheffield? He’s sound. 

Have you looked at invisible sun uk ? It looks similar to the Sheffield place, I had a look at the Sheffield place and was hoping to call him because kinda looks similar to invisible sun ? Or I’m not sure if they do 288 boards 

1 minute ago, platinumbud said:

Have you looked at invisible sun uk ? It looks similar to the Sheffield place, I had a look at the Sheffield place and was hoping to call him because kinda looks similar to invisible sun ? Or I’m not sure if they do 288 boards 

He makes his up to what you want if you ask, we’ve done 2 tents with his kits and they’re tip top. 

2 people like this

We’ve also got HLG and Budmaster stuff so we know our onions. 

1 person likes this

I’m hoping to call him if I can find a number or I’ll email him too 

6 hours ago, unity said:

As far as I know there are no uk based manufacturer's, yet.  Have been looking around myself as I'm quite interested in these.  A google search for "horticulture lighting group uk" should bring up any known distributors if there were any, all I see is an ebay trader.

Curious to know to, how would I know which boards to get with which driver?

I’m just learning but led gardener on YouTube has lots of reviews on drivers, as far as I know you’d buy the meanwell 240h c2100a this is available on eBay ect make sure you put the code in or there’s millions like 240h 54a but I only see hlg using the c2100a right now, I personally prefer the look of the constant current drivers 

1 person likes this

On 29/05/2018 at 1:36 PM, tokenroll said:

If ordering from HLG in the states, ask robin in a nice way to put a lower value on the receipt. I think I payed £40 import when I bought two 250 watt kits. Four days shipping. There is sellers on ebay doing Chinese imports of the quantums but it's hit or miss if your actually getting the Samsung diodes they say and there is no way of proving it. If it ain't got the hlg stamp on it aint 100% legit. Either boards work fine so up to the user whats more important.

I have message hlg but getting no reply from them or growers lights.com, I dare not trust this one coming from eBay