Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

platinumbud

Quantum led boards how good are they? Has anyone got any results to share?

Posted (edited)

I’m looking into the quantum boards and wondering if anyone can share any results from them, I tend to use a light per plant rather than covering a sea of green so also wondering what amounts of light or watts per plant that I would say was around 2f high 2ft wide at finish from the top of a dwc with a 24 tangie in it that’s done around 7 under a cmh, I think now as a clone the 24 tangie with 4 weeks veg would easily do 12 under the cmh probably not much wider 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft approx 

Edited by platinumbud
1 person likes this

I've got the HLG 100w plug and play board 3000k. flowering footprint 2x2 on the website, but to be honest I ended up running my viper 450w next to it in a DR60 (2x2) as I didn't feel it really had enough poke towards the end of the flowering period. A nice light with good penetration all the same. I'll be getting another one, so then I'll have 2 x 100w boards in the 2x2 tent.

In hindsight, a 135w kit probably would have done it. (288 leds Vs 192 on the 100w board) 

Probably didn't help much, but there you go...

:blub: 

Zabz

1 person likes this

there a few on here with them all in all seem to be the best led out there at the min for watts have a look in gorilla seeds sub forum diarys theres one on the go at the moment and i think dinafem subforum has a complete diary or two :)

1 person likes this

I’ve been looking at the 135 watt because I don’t like the layout of the long ones I want to put 2 135w side by side for 1 plant but I’m wondering if this is slightly too much and on the website there’s a Choice of boards qb288 301b 561c ? What’s the best one for everything? 

Not good.

5 minutes ago, angelina said:

Not good

I would disagree, @platinumbud:hippy:

easily get gram gram per watt, that’s 2 boards running at full power, now I am running 3 at 100 watts each, gonna flip soon, so pretty similar to the cmh yield wise, but the flavour, outta the park mate.Jj:skin_up:

6 people like this

@Jibba jabba pleased to meet someone who uses these boards, I've been eyeing them up for a while now.  You feel they are now at a level where I could look to swap out my hps and get comparable or even favourable results?

2 people like this

@unity watt for watt they will smash it mate:yep:

There is a few others about the boards too.Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

@unity watt for watt they will smash it mate:yep:

There is a few others about the boards too.Jj:yinyang:

Awesum, that's just what i was hoping for.

Where or how do you go about buying them?  Any decent uk based supplier?

1 person likes this

@unity

I believe there’s a dude in the uk, but I know not my friend, sure google will help,

Horticultural lighting group, that’s who makes them in the USA,:yinyang:Jj

1 person likes this

No, no. wrong. I perfer Mars Hydro. always does good job, especially Mars II 1600W. thats amazing peice. 

45 minutes ago, angelina said:

I perfer Mars Hydro

Thats a bit of a shuttered view mate, mars are inferior to hlg, not saying that they don’t work or preform badly, just not as good.

How many grows have you completed  with your Quantum’s then @angelina it would be nice to hear your results :yep:

4 people like this

23 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Thats a bit of a shuttered view mate, mars are inferior to hlg, not saying that they don’t work or preform badly, just not as good.

How many grows have you completed  with your Quantum’s then @angelina it would be nice to hear your results :yep:

it is not a good idea to talk about my growing. I will post then after having a harvest. Just love Mars Hydro. You have your own choice, man.

1 person likes this

That’s the one @angelina horses for courses,

4 minutes ago, angelina said:

t is not a good idea to talk about my growing. I will post then after having a harvest. Just love Mars Hydro. You have your own choice, man.

Well either way bud it would be nice to see how you have gotten on with your 1600watts of mars, I look forward too you update:yep: Jj.

3 people like this

Try to equal the wattage you've previously used for best results buddy. It should outperform cmh or hps by at least 40% all other things being equal.