Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Ombudsman

Always check New Carbon Filters...

55 posts in this topic

This is very strange as some including me have never had a problem with Rhino but it seems more have problems than not. I wonder if its bigger carbon filters that have the problem as i only use the 125mm size but i see lots of problems with the bigger sizes?

Where are growers buying them? There are lots of fakes around i guess and i'd never trust a local grow shop. I've always brought mine from a respected shop who used to be sponsors of this site.

Growing Ugorg Blues right now which is one of the stinkiest canna i've ever grown, not a whiff outside my growroom though.

On a side note, if you are switching to the Mountain air take into account they are a bigger than the Rhinos so make sure you can fit it in.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

i had a old 8 inch rhino pro for about 5 years, then took it to a big room i grew out, and used it for a good 2 more years and the fucker still worked as if new, pure carbon smell pumping out the outlet, and i grew out blue cheese, blues, lemons the lot through it. i think there either rip offs or using crap carbon in these new ones maybe ?

i  have a 10 inch rhino pro i got off greens and its still working after a good few years now :yinyang:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

i had a old 8 inch rhino pro for about 5 years, then took it to a big room i grew out, and used it for a good 2 more years and the fucker still worked as if new, pure carbon smell pumping out the outlet, and i grew out blue cheese, blues, lemons the lot through it. i think there either rip offs or using crap carbon in these new ones maybe ?

i  have a 10 inch rhino pro i got off greens and its still working after a good few years now :yinyang:

 

 

I'll definitely go with a Mountain air instead of rhino pro after reading so many bad reviews. It's more expensive but i would feel pretty stupid if i got caught because I wanted to save a few bucks. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Just been back in to the store who sold me the Carboair filter and quizzed him about rhino filter issues, he said the company who sells them to shops wont recall the filters but will swap out any filters which are low on carbon ? He was not happy has he has sold loads of rhino filters to lads who are now worried that smells will leak from the filters and are bringing them back to him. Rhino are topping the filters back up with carbon and selling back to shops. he has now stopped selling Rhino and is only selling Carboair as there from Europe and not china. Asked him about mountain air and he said there also made in China and will only be selling filters from Europe from now on? so far the carboair is working great and the temperature has also dropped in my room some how ?

why would this be ?

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Ian Collins who worked in or owned Rhino back when they where quality left and now develops and sells the g.a.s. range of fan controllers, Carboair filters and Diffuseair air diffusers etc.

Look up global air supplies they make quality products from my experience.  

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, wheezer said:

 

i think it maybe due to better airflow through your new filter, getting more airflow from your extractor fan. il be buying a carboair filter myself soon. :yinyang:

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2018 at 8:48 PM, ritch said:

Ian Collins who worked in or owned Rhino back when they where quality left and now develops and sells the g.a.s. range of fan controllers, Carboair filters and Diffuseair air diffusers etc.

Look up global air supplies they make quality products from my experience.  

 

got to say since i found their website I love this company, all started when i was looking for a quiet fan as I just feel that RVKs are so loud on full wack. ended up getting a Revolution Silenced fan and a carbo air to go with it, loved it because I could just leave it on full power and it was still nice and quiet, slept with it pretty much going next to me lol 

 

recently purchased their EC version of the fan, as I learn more, it seems to be better to have the option to have your fan able to run at varied speeds, to keep a more constant temperature / humidity / VPD etc. So i got a nice and simple EC1 controller to go with it which has a temperature probe attached. Got to say, I am in love with this setup haha... 

 

also learned recently something that I always suspected.. if you have an AC fan (most fans I would say) and you put a controller on it to dial it down, it still uses the same power as if it was on full speed, can anyone back me up on this?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Went to take my rhino back to exchange for another make. The shop owner guaranteed  that it will be good to use, and if any problem to bring it straight back. Time will tell. Slightest whiff I will be straight back there. He reckoned there was a bad batch not been properly filled :unsure:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Openairbud said:

The shop owner guaranteed  that it will be good to use, and if any problem to bring it straight back.

 

Is he going to do any bird for you too?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Good point!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Quick update on the rhino filter problem. apparently a guy who knows a guy who works in the warehouse has been told they've know about this problem for months and kept sending them out, They've got a vibrating plate from a gym and are putting 1 in 10 of the filters on it and turning it on to check if the carbon drops ? if it drops there topping it up. The store told me that he's had a lot of rhino filters with QC on the top meaning they have been checked that are still not full of carbon....I will never use a rhino again..

Carboair for me,

 

Im going to post up my new set up, just finishing off before I put me new swanky 1000 watt double enders in, 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, wheezer said:

Quick update on the rhino filter problem. apparently a guy who knows a guy who works in the warehouse has been told they've know about this problem for months and kept sending them out, They've got a vibrating plate from a gym and are putting 1 in 10 of the filters on it and turning it on to check if the carbon drops ? if it drops there topping it up. The store told me that he's had a lot of rhino filters with QC on the top meaning they have been checked that are still not full of carbon....I will never use a rhino again..

Carboair for me,

 

Im going to post up my new set up, just finishing off before I put me new swanky 1000 watt double enders in, 

so you know a guy who knows a guy who works in their warehouse?

 

What in Australia?

Because that's where they are made?

 

Ive had zero issues with my rhino pros, just for the record...…………………...

Edited by badbillybob
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2018 at 9:55 PM, Hot_Rock said:

Ive had the same Rhino since 2010. Its still working perfectly. Fuck knows how, mustve done at least 20 grows with it lol

 

I am reminded of the joke about the guy who goes to the doctors and says "Doctor, I have a very odd condition. Every time I walk, I fart but the strange thing is, they don't smell!" so the doctor asks him to demonstrate. Every step, the guy farts so the doctor says "Well, first I suggest you take these pills, they will stop the farting". The doctor then continues "And once we stop that, we will try to get your sense of smell back too"

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/06/2018 at 1:48 PM, badbillybob said:

Ive had zero issues with my rhino pros, just for the record...…………………...

 

While I am happy you have no problems, there is no doubt in my mind there is a problem. This is compounded by our obvious security issues that mean most of us are NOT contacting the manufacturer or even returning any faulty units.

 

If what @wheezer is saying is true , they are aware of the problem and doing nothing effectively, then their business deserves to go down the pan.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

given that they are pretty much reliant on their product working to sell any, it wouldn't be in their interests to ignore it would it?

All im saying is that ive never had any problems. I dare say some have, but that's maybe the law of average srather than Rhino committing business hari kari,  eh?

Edited by badbillybob
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now