Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ombudsman

Always check New Carbon Filters...

55 posts in this topic

I recently saw a video on Instagram showing a bunch of rhino filters where you could see right through from one side to the other (see the video for yourself just google 'slims hydroponics instagram')

I know its just one video but the comments to go with it did make me think that some of these bigger companies getting their stuff made in china or something might be lacking a bit of quality control

also made me think, a good way to check your filter has got the charcoal in in properly is just to shine a torch up and down it and or use natural daylight, to make sure you can't se right through!

I know people worry about getting the right size filter etc, but just don't forget to check it, if you catch it right away you might be able to send it back!

there are some good UK companies out there who i prefer to support, like the site sponsors, just my two cents.

Im no expert on my environment, but if you ever have a question, give me a pm!

3 people like this

Were these the budget or pro filters ? or both......read a thread recently about rhino not being as good as they used to be.

Maybe time to switch to mountain air ??

1 person likes this

reminds me of all that hash that was found in the container full of new rhino pro filters, they had no carbon in, just blocks of hash.

they probly got a few in before that, and sold the empty filters maybe. lol 

i have a 10 inch rhino pro here, that's working fine after a years grow. spose its best to check them now when buying them new. 

1 person likes this

I actually mentioned this last week or whenever it was that he posted them. I've also been saying for years now that I wouldn't use a rhino again even if I was given one due to extremely poor quality. No two of the same size weigh the same! 

6 people like this

Had a six month rhino pro seep on me, not humidity issues either , just not as they where ....

2 people like this

sound's like there not as they used to be. as mentioned ive heard the mountain air filters are great. are they lighter than rhino pro's ? :unsure:

2 people like this

I went to the local grow shop to buy a rhino filter, but all they had was Carboair carbon filters so I got one

it was a worry at first because i had only been looking to buy a rhino.  It works a treat very pleased with:toot:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

There might be fake ones out there. I've always used Rhino and have never had issues.

As long as you remember to swap after 18 months continuous usage.

If one failed after 6 months, I'd be going back to the shop.

Might be competitors spreading misinfo also. After all, the market for filters is worth a multi million fortune. Not sure why Rhino would want to lose the loyal customer base just to stiff us over a few shekels?

Edited by MyDisplayName2000
Spelling and to add more info.
4 people like this

Never had a problem with Rhino filters and I have just bought another  :yinyang:

2 people like this

Only used a Rhino once years back when they first popped on the scene, its a shame as in my opinion its the most important thing in the grow room and if it fails it could cause serious issues ! surely they have been told of this no ?

Other than that one time i have strictly used CAN filters and they have never let me down :yinyang:

Farmer

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ive used rhino pros since I started growing, with zero issues.

ive had at least 8-10 over the years, from 4 inch to 12 inchers.

Recent scaremongering had me worried about my latest one, 12 inch - but when checked its fine.

Mine have normally lasted over 2 years constant with no smell issues.

ive bought 2 this year, no problems at all.

I cant see them being made in China either, since the carbon is mines in Australia

Might well be dodgy counterfeits on the go.

Edited by badbillybob
4 people like this

Ive had the same Rhino since 2010. Its still working perfectly. Fuck knows how, mustve done at least 20 grows with it lol

3 people like this

I’ve used  a rhino for years worked fine, just started up again and the guy in the store told me he had stopped selling Rhino as he had problems with leaking filters. Sold me a Carboair filter told me there quality and tested by Systemair which is the make of the RVK i have. Fingers crossed he’s right so far so good. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

There might be fake ones out there. I've always used Rhino and have never had issues.

As long as you remember to swap after 18 months continuous usage.

If one failed after 6 months, I'd be going back to the shop.

Might be competitors spreading misinfo also. After all, the market for filters is worth a multi million fortune. Not sure why Rhino would want to lose the loyal customer base just to stiff us over a few shekels?

I can promise and assure you now, no one is selling knock off rhinos and they all come from one place. They really are just rubbish. See: nutriculture/DGS

Reduce the materials cost, reduce the quality control costs, reduce staffing costs and youre clearly gonna have the same quality of filter you had before :wanker:

Edited by Golden Syrup
6 people like this

we had this exact problem with a new rhino filter last run . we brought a new filter as the old one was 2 years old and started too get a bit smelly , the new one just didn't remove any smell . we replaced it after a weeks use  

2 people like this