Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cursed

The classics never go out of style.

16 posts in this topic

Forget q anon, Nessie is making a comeback lol

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/23/scientists-dna-hunt-loch-ness-monster-scotland

Scientists to lead DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster

Samples of Scottish lake will be tested to reveal truth behind centuries-old legend

A scientific examination of Loch Ness using DNA sampling techniques will try to establish exactly what lives in the UK’s largest freshwater body – it may also discover whether there is any scientific basis to the legend of the Loch Ness monster.

The mission will involve genetic code being extracted from the lake over a two-week period, which will be analysed to determine the types of creatures that live there.

Prof Neil Gemmell, a scientist from New Zealand leading the global team of researchers, said: “I don’t believe in the idea of a monster. But I’m open to the idea that there are things yet to be discovered and not fully understood. Maybe there’s a biological explanation for some of the stories.”

After the team’s trip next month, the samples will be sent to labs in Australia, Denmark, France and New Zealand to be analysed using a genetic database.

“There’s absolutely no doubt that we will find new stuff, and that’s very exciting,” Gemmell said. “While the prospect of looking for evidence of the Loch Ness monster is the hook to this project, there is an extraordinary amount of new knowledge that we will gain from the work about organisms that inhabit Loch Ness.”

Many believe sightings of the “monster” could in fact be a large fish, such as a catfish or sturgeon. Scientists will explore this theory during their investigation.

A local expert and lead researcher on the Loch Ness Project will also join the team. Adrian Shine told reportersin 2017 that the lasting appeal of the legend was that “as the human world shrinks, people tend to look for something bigger than themselves – something frightening, something mysterious or something hidden”.

There was a flurry of excitement among Nessie hunters in 2016 when sonar-imaging revealed something at the bottom of the loch that resembled the shape commonly attributed to the beast.

It transpired, however, that Shine and his team had discovered an abandoned prop from the 1970 film The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. The 10-metre (30ft) model was discovered 180 metres beneath the surface by a robot, which was surveying the loch.

Stories about the lake concealing a monster date to AD565, with the earliest sighting of a “water beast” reported by an Irish monk.

More than 1,000 people have since claimed to have seen Nessie, which has bolstered the local tourist industry. The nearby village of Drumnadrochit is home to two permanent Loch Ness monster exhibitions.

The development of photography sparked wider interest in the legend, and photographs taken in 1933 and 1934 featured on the front pages of national newspapers.

Since then, scientific examinations – including a 10-year study by the Loch Ness Phenomena Investigation Bureau in the 1960s and 70s – have produced no evidence that the legendary beast exists.

Gemmell, 51, who first visited Loch Ness in his late 20s while on holiday, said: “I’m going into this thinking it’s unlikely there is a monster, but I want to test that hypothesis. What we’ll get is a really nice survey of the biodiversity of Loch Ness.”

Theres actually some interesting science in there, using PCR to amplify all DNA found in the lake, it give amazing data sets on biodiversity.

I'm hoping to be involved in something similar this summer assessing the fungal community of an ancient woodland and a reclaimed quarry site.

8 people like this

fuck yeah ..love some nessie news ..

6 people like this

I had a pee in  Loch Ness a few times does that mean they will get my DNA ? :fear:

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

I had a pee in  Loch Ness a few times does that mean they will get my DNA ? :fear:

Yup, a court summons will be in the post for public urination. 

Either that or they'll do a jurassic park and make a jimboo/nessie hybrid.

Jimzilla.

Edited by Cursed
9 people like this

The only monster I've ever seen up there at Loch Ness was some human fucker pissing in it...........:wassnnme:

:rofl::rofl:

7 people like this

Why does this need such investigation, should just put in some tourists for a swim/boating and see how many disappear over the season. That will be the real truth of Loch Ness.

Just now, stu914 said:

The only monster I've ever seen up there at Loch Ness was some human fucker pissing in it...........:wassnnme:

:rofl::rofl:

Badly badly stoned I was mate we found some mushrooms at an old stone circle we visited, and my mate was driving so I necked them all. I remember The heather on the hillsides  turned electric blue, I'm more surprised I didn't see Nessie tbh

5 people like this

Anyone with half a brain knows loch ness monster is BS 

5 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

electric blue,

That was the colour of my roast spuds one Christmas back in the 60's after a coupld of  blue microdots.........:rofl::rofl:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, stu914 said:

That was the colour of my roast spuds one Christmas back in the 60's after a coupld of  blue microdots.........:rofl::rofl:

I was 14 the first time I took acid. Me and some mates bought it from a dealer in a different town. My mates dropped theirs on the train home, I had to go home for tea. Figured if I took it when I got home I could eat my dinner and fuck off over my mates before I came up. 

Walked in the door after eating it and my old man informed me tea was going to be another 45 minutes. By the time tea was ready I was flying, tripping balls, and my potatoes were talking to me, full on "don't eat me" pleading. I ate everything else and pushed them around my plate made my excuses and legged it. My love affair with hallucinogens started there

Fuck knows what my folks thought was wrong lol

Edited by Cursed
8 people like this

8 minutes ago, Cursed said:

my potatoes were talking to me, full on "don't eat me" pleading.

My conversation was with a bag of doughnuts fresh from the oven, back door of the local bakers at 3 am........

I must have lost the argument 'cos the fucking red hot jam burnt my tongue.........as I discovered three days later......:rofl:

2 people like this

One of my worse one was when I was convinced my furniture was conspiring to attack me because I had forgotten to water a house plant and it had become droopy, bit of a shitty few hours convinced your rocking chair is out to get you and afraid to go to bed in case my bed was in on the conspiracy

9 people like this

2 hours ago, Jimboo said:

One of my worse one was when I was convinced my furniture was conspiring to attack me because I had forgotten to water a house plant and it had become droopy, bit of a shitty few hours convinced your rocking chair is out to get you and afraid to go to bed in case my bed was in on the conspiracy

Wait till they get those 'smart' fridges , the whole house will have a new leader....... and it wont be you ..... just watch what you drink , thats all I am sayin .. :unsure:

5 people like this

3 hours ago, Cursed said:

Yup, a court summons will be in the post for public urination. 

Either that or they'll do a jurassic park and make a jimboo/nessie hybrid.

Jimzilla.

i blew a 70s style childs snot bubble at that ..a rare thing but must be embraced .lol

2 people like this

1. first time i took acid i was pissed on a night out, got two bits of paper off of some hippy dudes we got chatting too. soon as i got out side the world changed big time!! and i could not stop laughing like seriously couldnt stop. Ebentually got talking shit to a guy at a bus stop while he was waiting for the bus, bus came and we thought fuck getting on the bus were walking mate. anyway 45mins later a bus pulls up after a mad super stomp and off gets the same guy we were talking to 45 mins ago!!! tripped the fuck out!! both me and me mante ended up getting a gram of flake and banging some fat bird a 4 in the morning lol didnt feel right for the rest of the week haha