Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
craigfjyp

is mould on my ceiling a problem??

hey peeps, 

im hoping someone can answer my question.....

the room iv been growing in has some mould in the corner of the ceiling, iv just noticed its starting to get a little worse, i know why and it will be fixed in a couple of days once i get my new tent set up but will it cause my plants any problems for now? they are only about 4/5 days from chop so i don't mind doing it now if theres a chance it could spread to the plants, or is that a completely different kind of mould which affects the plants? iv taken a couple of pics but they aren't the greatest.....

large.S6302317.JPGlarge.S6302316.JPGlarge.S6302315.JPG

TIA

Your plants will be fine, I’d be more worried about your own health, those spores are bad for your lungs 

2 people like this

Yeah don't lick them just yet, another week or so before they are ripe lol.

Yeah get it sorted.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

It can def spread mate. Don't underestimate mold spores. Where is the intake air being pulled from? If that's the corner of your actual grow room I would be getting it sorted asap tbh.

Edited by Conspiranought
3 people like this

5 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Yeah get it sorted.

iv hopefully sorted it already mate,

its cause i had a slow leak in the roof and it was dripping on to the insulation in the attic, i fixed the tiles on the roof and lifted all the wet and damp insulation from the attic, in a couple of days once its all dried out i will be painting the ceiling with that anti-mould paint and hopefully that should fix it. 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Conspiranought said:

It can def spread mate. Don't underestimate mold spores. Where is the intake air being pulled from?

its coming from outside mate, and its getting exhausted into the attic.

1 person likes this

it will ruin your plants but not at this late stage, I use a product called Dettol mold and mildew cleaner spray the walls and ceiling with it. 

1 person likes this

@craigfjyp nice quick fix buddy.

My place gets the same looking damp mould if the heatings off for a while in winter cos its an old building full of gaps n holes/mildew/high humidity on the coast, right pain in the arse.

But I guess your growrooms gonna be around a constant 25 degrees and you found its a roof leak anyway so thats irrelevant!  I guess venting damp air into your loft is sound as long as the loft has good ventilation?

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Porko said:

@craigfjyp nice quick fix buddy.

My place gets the same looking damp mould if the heatings off for a while in winter cos its an old building full of gaps n holes/mildew/high humidity on the coast, right pain in the arse.

But I guess your growrooms gonna be around a constant 25 degrees and you found its a roof leak anyway so thats irrelevant!  I guess venting damp air into your loft is sound as long as the loft has good ventilation?

theres plenty ventilation mate, when your up there during the day looking at the roof its like looking through a fishing net lol  

i'm hoping that's what caused it anyway mate, since iv fixed the leak and moved all the damp fibre glass insulation the damp patch hasn't gotten any bigger and the condensation hasn't reappeared since so fingers crossed that's it fixed...

1 person likes this