Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazil brush

cornish pasties

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Cursed said:

Just popped in my head, their called clangers

They're 

To late to edit lol surprised I didn't get my collar felt by Saddam 

Edited by Cursed
5 people like this

make your own mate ... swede, meat, spuds, onion etc  fresh veg and home made pastry for them ... delish mate   (  and if you also add a fruit on one side  you'll be well on your way to your  5 a day )  lol 

2 people like this

If you do what @jok3r suggests with every other pasty, then I think it's problem solved really. :)

Thanks for that video @jok3r! that really made me laugh! :yinyang:

1 person likes this

On 5/21/2018 at 3:52 PM, Saddam said:

I heard that Cornish pasties don't have any carrots in them but the Devon pasties do? :unsure: I think they're fairly healthy, I rarely eat the crust as you aren't really supposed to, the crust  was just something to hold onto with grubby hands. Do you ever see pasties with a sweet filling/dessert at one end? 

The Bedfordshire clanger !! 

My old man used to eat them as a kid sounded fucking horrible lol 

@Cursed - Thought your post was great mate :yep: western diet is full on acidic and diseases thrive in an acidic environment as you probably know, i think they guy who won the Nobel prize in the 30`s for discovering cancer or something said no disease/cancer could live in an alkaline environment. Dr Sebi practiced the Alkaline diet again as you probably are aware :yinyang:

Farmer 

2 people like this

On 5/21/2018 at 3:28 PM, Cursed said:

Ginsters will be full of shitty meat

Most polite thing I think anyone has ever said about them, horrible bloody things. 

6 people like this

Ginster's pasties smell like sweaty armpits :puke:

On 5/21/2018 at 3:56 PM, Cursed said:

Just popped in my head, their called clangers

Oggies! :smokin:

1 person likes this

If the potatoes in pasties were actually cooked, I could easily live on them........but they 'aint!  :wallbash:

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, stu914 said:

If the potatoes in pasties were actually cooked, I could easily live on them........but they 'aint!  :wallbash:

Oh man don't get me started on undercooked potatoes. You know the buffet salad boxes they do in Morrison's etc? I think they just chuck the fuckin' things in raw.

As for Cornish pasties, more gristle than meat...

Edited by SevernValleySavant
1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, stu914 said:

If the potatoes in pasties were actually cooked, 

Are they jersey royal potatoes or some imposter potatoes not grown in Jersey but using a jersey royal as seed stock? That's what I want to know

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, GreenVision said:

Most polite thing I think anyone has ever said about them, horrible bloody things. 

I haven't eaten meat in ten years, they were 'orrible then, I can't imagine what they taste like now :puke:

I remember them being really peppery, like they were trying to mask something lol

1 person likes this

Mingsters are perhaps the worse thing you could have in your mouth, assuming you have never tried soap bar

37 minutes ago, SevernValleySavant said:

Oh man don't get me started on undercooked potatoes.

..........or the cauliflower that looks 'oh so nice' in the carvery, then proceeds to remove a couple of teeth when you bite into it...........:puke::puke::puke:

al dente my arse!!..........ffs cook the fucking stuff (whatever veg it is)..........:wallbash:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Cursed said:

I haven't eaten meat in ten years, they were 'orrible then, I can't imagine what they taste like now :puke:

I remember them being really peppery, like they were trying to mask something lol

Been a few years since I had one in an emergency during a night fishing trip, but yes exactly that.

My mum is celebrating her 3 year veggie anniversary this Tuesday. Becoming very popular.

But then with companies like Gingsters it's hardly surprising lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My mum was a proper wee Cornish lassy, brought up by her grand parents. They were old, and very much old school. I was only young when they died but I kind of remember them. 

I was taught to make pasties when I was pretty young lol 

I think the sea faring families made them differently to the miners. 

I've never bought a pasty that's come close, even in Cornwall. Phillips' came closest. Good fillings, but they mainly used flakey pastry and their shortcrust is proper shite. Inland pasties :wassnnme:

Quick run down.. 

Shortcrust pastry. Made with half lard, half butter. Keep cold while making. Only use fingertips to make the crumbs. Use iced water to mix. Leave dough in fridge till hard. 

Big bowl of finely chopped onions. Very big bowl of diced potatoe. Big bowl of diced swede. Very big bowl of chuck steak or skirt, cut into big chunks. 

Roll out pastry. About 4mm. Take the biggest plate you've got and cut as many circles out as you can. 6 is good :yep: 

You can make small ones but they cook too quick. They're not the same. 

Leaving a space down each side, put ingredients in. Onions, then meat, then pots and swede. Use a bit more potato than swede. Lots of salt and pepper. Put as much meat and veg in as you dare lol 

Egg wash sides. Bring up to make the crust down the middle, over the top. Crimp with fingers. Ending up with upright pasties with  a flat bottom. The proper Cornish way lol 

Put it on a thin metal tray, buttered. Egg wash the pasties. Put in hot oven, about 140 /160. Need at least 90mins. More like 120 mins if the ovens has 6 fatties in there :yep: 

A proper labour of love dicing enough veg to fill 6 big ones. Takes all day to make them. But well worth it. 

I can't explain how fecking good they are.

One is a good size main meal. Perfect amount of juice/gravy. Properly tasty. Good hot. Amazing cold. Can be eaten like a sandwhich, not falling apart etc. 

@Saddam You would eat my crusts mate :yep: 

Edited by the lone deranger
5 people like this