Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Padawan

Nutrient advice please

16 posts in this topic

Hi folks

This is my first attempt at a grow and have some oxy pots. I got some biobizz grow and bloom nutes and silver bullets roots. 

Are these ok to use or should I be using something different? Or along with these?

Have a 120x60x160 tent

600 watt dimmible light

5” fan and filter kit

2 x 19litre oxypots

ph pen with up and down 

ec pen

hygrometer

Train wreck fem seeds

rockwool cubes

vitalink clay pebbles

Do you think I need anything else? Or will these nutes be ok for this set up. I am a complete noob and this forum is Amazing!!

Forget Biobizz because you can't use organic nutrients in a hydro system. You need hydro nutes and what you choose is up to you. I personally use Growers Ark but there are loads. They all work but its how you use them

Owd

3 people like this

Welcome to the forum @The Padawan and all the best with your first grow, as @Owderb says the biobizz nutrients are for compost/soil grows only so you would need iws nutes for the oxypots. Is there a reason you prefer a hydro grow for your first grow? I ask this because in my opinion hydro is a bit more technical and compost grows are more forgiving in case of any mistakes etc.

I've always grew in soil so cannot help you on the hydro side, all the best anyhow and good luck. :lucky:

1 person likes this

Thanks for the replies. @Amnesia I am growing in the loft and it’s right beside my water tank. Thought it would be easy access to water when I needed to change out the res. Also the monster yields everyone seems to get had me all excited :punk:

With hydro and a 1.6m high tent,you will need to train the plants to stay low. You may also struggle keeping temps in check with a 5" fan/filter. ATB mate :yep:

Thanks @ursus1000 I was limited to space as my loft is not very tall. That’s why I got the dimmible digital light. I was thinking if the 600watt was too much I could just drop it down?? Would that be right?? I have been researching lst and was hoping to keep the height of them down doing this. 

@The Padawan Monster yields can also be had with compost if everything is dialled in. A good environment is most important in my opinion to make them reach the full potential.

All the best.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, The Padawan said:

That’s why I got the dimmible digital light

I didn't read your 1st post correctly,apologies. Yes that fan/filter should cope when you dim the lamp.

1 person likes this

Flora Nova Grow & Flora Nova Bloom is what i use, to keep is simple stoner! KISS 

Hand feed....as checking on your plants often is good idea as you learn. Automation kills when you're new, imo 

What strain you got? 

Sorry @shayneoc only seeing you reply. I’m growing train wreck. Never had it before so the name caught my attention. Choo choo boom. lol hopefully. 

I have a diary on the go. Any help or advise appreciated. It’s my first run doin this. Almost 3 weeks old now. 

Posted (edited)

On 13/06/2018 at 11:07 PM, The Padawan said:

Sorry @shayneoc only seeing you reply. I’m growing train wreck. Never had it before so the name caught my attention. Choo choo boom. lol hopefully. 

I have a diary on the go. Any help or advise appreciated. It’s my first run doin this. Almost 3 weeks old now. 

When you get into flower week 3 make sure you got an auto top off going because these oxypots can't always have their maximum feed capacity due to the root mass. Just a heads up and especially if your running the 19L single pot. 

I veged for 5 weeks in a single oxypot and was topping her up in first week of flower every single day it was doing my nut In!!

Edited by shayneoc
1 person likes this

Remember less nutes is more :bong:

1 person likes this

Thanks @shayneoc I have 2 19l oxypots on the go. They are drinking about 1-1 1/2 litres a day at the minute. They are 3 weeks in veg and we are in the middle of a heat wave. I keep the bath filled with water so I have a constant supply when needed. Is it right you need to let tap water sit out 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine. There’s a lovely big water tank in the loft right beside my tent but I wasn’t sure if I could use the water in it or if it had to sit out first. 

I am now using 10ml of grow a&b shogun samurai soft water hydro nutes and 2ml silver bullets roots per 13l of water in the oxys. 

My ec is around 0.5 

ph 5.8-6

i live in a soft water area so my ph never really needs adjusting much. Only ever so slightly. 

large.IMG_8020.jpglarge.IMG_8019.jpg

heres the two ladies. 

1 person likes this

Sounds like you go to growwell shop?

That tap water needs to have air to it or the chlorine won't evaporate but 19lts won't take 24 hours maybe 12/16 .. 

Them fan leafs look a bit dry?

Why didn't you go with the 2pot oxy instead of the singles? Just curious.