Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stokeboy

Over extracting

Hi guys..Is there a problem caused if your fan is extracting twice the rate it needs to for the size room ?? I know under extracting creates a host of problems but any problems with over extracting ?? Any replies appreciated 

no mate . its a good thing.

Quite common to oversize the fan and have it on a controller turned down, ready if it warms up.

Loads of fresh air.

Long as temps are ok.

crack on

zz

6 people like this

10 minutes ago, zztopbudz said:

no mate . its a good thing.

Quite common to oversize the fan and have it on a controller turned down, ready if it warms up.

Loads of fresh air.

Long as temps are ok.

crack on

zz

Thanks for replying mate appreciated..I have my little shed grow done out in plasterboard with a skim and the reflective blackout on top fixed by drawing pins. The extracts pulling the drawing pins out lol, but was just worried it would be to much for the plants.. Thanks again for the reply mate

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Stokeboy said:

The extracts pulling the drawing pins out lol 

lol I cannae give you more power Captain! :ninja:   I pinned a tarpaulin all over my growroom floor once and when I turned on the fans, it was like a bouncy castle with air bumps in the tarpaulin in between the tacks. lol  Always handy to have the extra extraction for those exceptionally hot days though. :sweaty:  

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Stokeboy said:

The extracts pulling the drawing pins out lol,

that sounds like negative pressure mate, which you need for containing the smell, if you don't have negative pressure the smell escapes from any and all cracks and spaces in your grow room and your carbon filter ends up pretty much useless.

3 people like this

Negative pressure will keep the smells from escaping.

If you are extracting way to much air your plants will love it. A fresh supply of air will just make them happy and keep them healthy.

3 people like this

52 minutes ago, Saddam said:

lol I cannae give you more power Captain! :ninja:   I pinned a tarpaulin all over my growroom floor once and when I turned on the fans, it was like a bouncy castle with air bumps in the tarpaulin in between the tacks. lol  Always handy to have the extra extraction for those exceptionally hot days though. :sweaty:  

Haha, I got bouncy castle walls and ceiling mate...The light is about 6" from one wall and after having a jay and getting quite stoned I got paranoid it was gonna suck the reflective off the wall and land on the light causing a fire(you know how it is)..So I went up the 24hr garage about midnight a bought 2 more packs of drawing pins and near enough covered the wall in them, i went stupid with it... The mrs come in when I was checking on them the other day and seen the wall with all the pins.. She thinks i'm smoking to much...I said 1 spliff done that love

6 people like this

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Negative pressure will keep the smells from escaping.

If you are extracting way to much air your plants will love it. A fresh supply of air will just make them happy and keep them healthy.

Thanks mate. Little relief hearing it :)

1 hour ago, craigfjyp said:

that sounds like negative pressure mate, which you need for containing the smell, if you don't have negative pressure the smell escapes from any and all cracks and spaces in your grow room and your carbon filter ends up pretty much useless.

Thank you for post mate

1 person likes this