Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autofatman

Led to match HP's wattage

47 posts in this topic

We have got a fair old breeding project underway in the caravan of love......... Very exciting times indeed

In my 1.2x1.5 flower room in the caravan of love im running a 315 cmh and a 600w dimmable hps running at 400w during summer(a 400w bulb lol )........the hps isnt staying long, it will eventually get replaced with another 2 cmh's or perhaps a cmh and some leds but tbh it will probably be 3x315w CMH. 

Once you have grown plants under CMH the light from HPS seems so nasty

3 people like this

Good morning fellas!

@blackpoolbouncer hello sir!

If I do purchase a CMH for my cuboard, what would be the best one to go for?

I will probably accompany it with my ms006 as u say to put an led in with it :)

For my other grow down the road lol

I'm going to buy a 400w HP's and parabolic shade. 60x60 one as I'm in 1x1x2m

I see where your coming from when you say a HP's light is nasty , it doesn't feel good to be around it mind lol

All the best guys!

Thank you for the help everyone !

Legends!

Posted (edited)

Can u get duel spectrum CMH bulbs also? 

Cheers 

Edited by Autofatman

Posted (edited)

@blackpoolbouncer

So u have ventured away from autos then :)

Im addicted to keeping mothers atm lol in process of designing new groom with maybe a seperate space for a male breeding Ground.

Keep me posted if u have any beans coming over to uk420 subs 

Atb

JJ

Edited by JamJar
1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Autofatman said:

Good morning fellas!

@blackpoolbouncer hello sir!

If I do purchase a CMH for my cuboard, what would be the best one to go for?

I will probably accompany it with my ms006 as u say to put an led in with it :)

For my other grow down the road lol

I'm going to buy a 400w HP's and parabolic shade. 60x60 one as I'm in 1x1x2m

I see where your coming from when you say a HP's light is nasty , it doesn't feel good to be around it mind lol

All the best guys!

Thank you for the help everyone !

Legends!

If i had the money when i first started and knew what i knew now id probs get a nice powerful blurple lamp like Mezhi for veg and a CMH kit for flower. But then on that sorta money u could go Quantum Boards lollol If u venture into led ur kinda on your own abit.. Go CMH theres loadsa gurus already setup 

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

@JamJar thank you mate 

I'm going to try a CMH in my cuboard alongside my GN ms0006 and see how it goes ! Won't be for about 3 weeks I can purchase one tho. 

I just don't know what one to go for, as I hear the maxibrright is the best but im not sure what reflector to go for with it as people all have diff opinions on them!

Cheers JJ

Atb

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Maxi kit definitely. @Golden Syrup will have the name of the reflector that's about as good as the lec thats twice the price 

Edit to add. @JamJar not been any autos around these parts for a while. 

Apart from a couple of gifted fems I'm trying for the hell of it it's regs only in my stable really from now on. 

If I had to go back to one grow space autos would be what I would grow though. 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
2 people like this

@blackpoolbouncer

Thank you buddie !

Very much appreciated

All the best 

@Autofatman it's the focus reflector to go for buddy

1 person likes this

@blackpoolbouncer absolute faking leg end my boy!

I'm going to invest in one of these  ,

I've heard and read up quite alot of good stuff on them!!

Enjoy your day buddie

All the best 

1 person likes this

Ah another thing I haven't read up much on is bulb types.. do I just get a flowering bulb? And use my led to veg? 

Ever so sorry to keep asking! 

Learning so much lol

1 person likes this

Just buy an agro bulb for the autos mate. It will suit just fine. No need for changjng out bulbs I found when using this with autos........imo of course. 

The stretch, what little extra you get if any with autos with the agro can only help for a bigger structure.

I didn't notice the extra stretch if I'm honest 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Autofatman the cmh bulbs are 930 agro for flowering and 942 is the elite which is dual spectrum and can be used for both veg and flower these are Philips bulbs and are the dogs you can get cheaper hyperlux bulbs but I wouldn't bother.

the focus connect reflector has the ballast attached and could add to the temps if you are already struggling with them but you can get a Maxibright daylight ballast and a bulb with an adapter that screws into your existing e40 reflector in case you already have decent reflectors this is a cheaper option.hope this helps you mate.

for the record I went to cmh after using 3x 300w viparspectra led panels which I didn’t rate but each to their own I haven’t owned any other brand though so can’t comment :yep:

Edited by Stonedjones
1 person likes this

I'm ever so grateful of all this information from everyone! 

Such a great place for info and opinions!

I'm going go with the focus reflector but the remote one so I don't have the ballast in my grow room as it's quite poxy spaced anyway! 

Thank you too all that's commented! 

Extremely thankful!

All the best guys!

Bazzo - first of all apologies for my tactless drunken outburst. I should have bitten my tongue until the cold light of day.  Secondly I love your pics and my jaw is more often agog at your plants, you really have skills.

My problem is that even although wiser heads have tried to steer you regarding your comparison they are flawed because of light spill and other factors.  I ain't hating on you chap, I'm a LED user and take my hat off to your repeated results/success.  It's just when  folk who actually know about to scientifically or as good as, set up the experiment are politely advising where you went wrong and you keep using terms like allegedly and hating then it seems you are not taking the hint.

600w hps or 600w led is going to generate approx the same heat in a confined space - that's just the laws of energy.  600W of quality LED should be producing 3/4s more light, but the heats there.  This ain't that "science" argument I alluded to - just the way my thick head took  it in.

I agree using LED at approx 3/4s power of HPS should produce about the same or better (when dialled in).

Again @bazzo sorry for restraining myself better until I could coherently hold a sentence.  I in no way want any sunday shitfests so thanks for teaching me a lesson in decorum with your response.

Take care all the best

3 people like this