Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autofatman

Led to match HP's wattage

47 posts in this topic

Hello guys! 

I'm looking for some led users as I'm needing to switch to led for the summer months as my hps is just to hot as I'm growing in a tent in a bedroom which the room is always at 22c +. With HP's I'm getting 32c+ with a 6 inch extraction on max in a 1mx1mx2m tent.

I've got around 300 quid to find a really dencent one tbh.

I'm wanting to match the yeild as a 600hps.

Any info will be appreciated :).

Atb 

Fatman !

Posted (edited)

Question cant really be answered lol

But the Mezhi range is a pretty good blurple light

Cob LEDs are really good but quite abit of pissing about

Quantum boards (HLG) ive heard good things but there expensive

SMD led is what i use and i cant fault it but each to there own

300 quid would buy you 2 X 600w mezhi units (550w actual draw total)

Or

200w ish of quantum board not sure though u would have to look

Or

A pretty shit hot setup of Cobs but u would have to build it urself othwrwise u would get like 200w for that money

Or

SMD led is cheap but not many people using them. I pay around 50 quid for 200w panel.

Hope this helps.. u may get alot of people say just stick with the hps.. u would buy a parabolic shade and a 400w bulb/ballast which imo would bring those temps down below the 30 mark.

CMH i heard runs cooler aswell so thats also an option.

What sort of weight u oulling out of the tent with 600w hps? What are u aiming for with the led? 

Atb

JJ

Edited by JamJar
1 person likes this

@JamJar hello buddie , thank you for your options , seem a hell of a lot lol

I'm usually pulling around 12-18 Oz in a 1m square tent / cuboard.

More would be ideal but I always hit deficiencies when coming Into flower everysingle time , unless it's the plant magic range I use which is , soil ,OT grow and bloom.

It would be nice to try and pull around the same or more..

Been looking at the meizhi 1200w board which says it's 600w pull from the well I think , I'll have to double check that tho! 

Atb bro

Fatman

I do also own a GN ms006 which it says is 280 on max draw. So mabey 2 x 600w meizhis with the grow northern in with them? I only brought it to veg really with the 2 lights as it draws like 60-100w with just them on!

Cheers JJ

To small a tent for a 600 watt, get a bigger tent rather than wasting money on a shitty led would be my advice:yes:

6 people like this

The old grow northern you have has better components than the meizi.   I would use the old gn for veg then get some quantum or samsung strips , I use two hs1 by grow northern and Hans panels sometimes.. If I was to purchase today I would go down the Samsung strip diy route.:oldtoker:

3 people like this

@bill cooper Hiya bill!

The thing is , it's all set up and I can't be assed to swapped everything ! After this grow I'm going to get a 2.4x1.2 tent as I need more smoke lol , hopefully have HP's back running my then. 

@Marthur Ix hey bud , I'm not good with DIY with this stuff as I'm a carpenter and I just got no time really to be messing about with strips or making something my self lol

Been looking at getting 2 x 600w spider farmer as their the new 2018 meizhis by the looks of it. 

I just don't know what to go for :(

Thanks for the repkys guys! 

Atb!

They also do off the shelf Samsung kits if you google diyled uk you may find it...The meizi are old tech imho ...li just  looked you def better with the newer tech than that.

1 person likes this

I've just had a look at them buddie , seems quite pricey tho as I would like to run about 600w , which will cost me near the 500quid mark  :(

3 hours ago, Autofatman said:

I've just had a look at them buddie , seems quite pricey tho as I would like to run about 600w , which will cost me near the 500quid mark  :(

U wouldnt need more than 300w if u went for samsung diodes

Did i misread? What size tent are u in?  

Atb

Jj

2 people like this

@JamJar I'm in a 1m x1m x2m buddie , 

I just don't want to spend the coin and find out putting 2/3 LEDs in their will do better . 

I've been growing a year and not even reached the gpw :( so I like more light to back me up abit lol

Sorry mate , been busy for a while 

All the best buddie 

1 person likes this

Hey guys! 

I see they do a 500w one which replaces a 600w HP's.

Would you think I could fit this into my 1m x1m tent? 

As she's got more beans then the rest!

Atb 

@bazzo hello buddie! I have been following your led Vs HP's grows and the LEDs are doing quite well buddie! 

As reading through I see you've got abit of hate and had your head bitten off lol

I'm quite surprised with how your doing with them buddie , keep up the good work! That's what's made me switch to led for the summer months as heat is a big issue for me at the moment.

Your making me think different ;)

All the best mate! Good luck with your next led Vs HP's :)

1 person likes this

@Autofatman

If u switch to led u will be learning all over again so will take a couple of grows to get things dialled in. 

If your stuggling with enviroment issues led may help out with that as they run cooler than a 600w hps lol i think my oven runs cooler than a 600w hps lol

If u want to master the hps id go for a 400w bulb in ur dimmable ballast? Or a new ballast. Parabokic shade and i think u will be Golden. Unless ur set on spunkin Some cash on LEDs lol

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

@bazzohey mate , you have a good crowd which is pukka and also it's the best way to be mate ;)

Visaversa I'm for both really as I've seen really good on both sides.

I will keep in mind the meizhis tho dude as I will definitely be giving them or some other sort of led ago one day :)

Atb matey! Good luck with everything! 

@JamJar hey mate! 

I'm really considering using a 400w HP's now thinking of it , you are right tho with them 600w I could cook something quicker with that then my oven also lollol

Thinking of maybe a 400w alongside with my GN ms006 to give it a full 600w in their . As for money it would be cheaper for me to get a 400w hps as I've got dimmable ballasts anyway .

Is a 400w HP' s much cooler then the 600w? As I don't want to really go over 28c . 

Im Ever so grateful of your options and information guys! 

Thank you so much! 

All the best both!