Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stokeboy

Brummie Bubbler

18 posts in this topic

Hi Lads. I'm running a Bubbler and the plant started looking a bit rubbery and not growing as quick as it should. The roots are white and coming through fine but the top of the plant don't look like its growing. I done a ph test and its 8..I know its bad so i'm going growell now to get the ph down. What range should I be aiming for ? about 6 ?..Can I put it straight into reservoir or should I mix it in a measuring jug ?? Thanks lads for any help

ive always tried to maintain a 5.8 - 6.2 ratio i would also put a small amount (a cap full) of ph down in a 2l bottle of water shake and dilute down  that way as its hard trying to level off with such a high concentration liquid  

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, doobie01 said:

ive always tried to maintain a 5.8 - 6.2 ratio i would also put a small amount (a cap full) of ph down in a 2l bottle of water shake and dilute down  that way as its hard trying to level off with such a high concentration liquid  

8 in your view is  what's causing my problems ??? Cheers for replying mate

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, doobie01 said:

^ :yep:  I try to aim for 5.8 - 6.0 during veg and 6.0 - 6.2 in bloom, it's ok to let it drift slightly in either direction. Also, keeping the nute solution to a fairly low EC with stable temperatures, above 18 and below 22 degree Celsius is very important, otherwise you risk infection, disease or stunted growth. 

Edited by Saddam
2 people like this

yes mate im no pro but a ph of 8 wont be helping things buddy and rest of the info @saddam has just given you  once your ph has been changed to a good level things should start going in right direction again for you after a few days :)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, doobie01 said:

yes mate im no pro but a ph of 8 wont be helping things buddy and rest of the info @saddam has just given you  once your ph has been changed to a good level things should start going in right direction again for you after a few days :)

Thanks mate

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

^ :yep:  I try to aim for 5.8 - 6.0 during veg and 6.0 - 6.2 in bloom, it's ok to let it drift slightly in either direction. Also, keeping the nute solution to a fairly low EC with stable temperatures, above 18 and below 22 degree Celsius is very important, otherwise you risk infection, disease or stunted growth. 

Thanks mate, appreciate you both replying !:)

1 person likes this

Hey no problem StokeBoy, an aquarium thermometer is quite handy to keep an eye on solution temperature, they're only a couple of quid in most petshops. If you could let us know what temperatures you're hitting after the lights have been on all day, might be able to help further. :)   

1 person likes this

Just a little more info for you, plants take up different elements in the nute solution, at different points on the ph scale.........

If you start at ph 5.5 and allow it to drift up to 6.2 before adjusting back to 5.5, this gives the plant best access to everything in the nutes.

:oldtoker:

5 people like this

57 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Just a little more info for you, plants take up different elements in the nute solution, at different points on the ph scale.........

If you start at ph 5.5 and allow it to drift up to 6.2 before adjusting back to 5.5, this gives the plant best access to everything in the nutes.

:oldtoker:

Very good mate and thanks. I just dropped a bollock not listening to saddam and doobie.... I put 5ml of ph down either side of my res so 10 in total and it went down to 2.7, so I emptied half the water out and filled with fresh water to the same level, it went up to 3.1...Emptied half out again, it went up to 3.7, kept filling and emptying until I got 5.8/9, I am stressed and knackered, never again will I cut corners not listening to people, I'm bolloxed lol...On a serious note, it was low ph wise for only 20 mins, do you think I might've done damage ??? Thanks Stu

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Hey no problem StokeBoy, an aquarium thermometer is quite handy to keep an eye on solution temperature, they're only a couple of quid in most petshops. If you could let us know what temperatures you're hitting after the lights have been on all day, might be able to help further. :)   

Its a shed grow Saddam, it fluctuates slightly, so I have my 600 on at night, it reaches 24/25, and in the day again it varies with lights out, maybe same temp roughly. I had my flower planned for day time lights on but it would get to hot. Now that my ph is sound, do you think she'll perk up ?? I have 2 in soil and they are neck and neck really with the bubbler and I know the bubbler blows shit out of soil for growth speed, Cheers mate

53 minutes ago, Stokeboy said:

I just dropped a bollock not listening to saddam and doobie..

Gawd 'elp ya if you use bad grammar or make spelling mistakes, old sads will be on you like a ton............:rofl:

He knows his stuff though bud, I'm also in the shed, one in soil one in bubbler, pretty much the same as you.

The most important thing is root temp, 18 - 22 in bubbler, I've got a 50w aquarium heater in there and it's pretty constant at 18.6 which suits them fine.

The soil one is on a shelf with a low watt bulb underneath, it's the veg box so light isn't an issue and it's kept the roots warm right through winter.

Get yourself an eye dropper for dosing ph. There's 20 drops approx to 1ml so after a couple of goes you'll know how many ml you need each res change.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Stokeboy said:

It reaches 24/25

:eek:  That's a bit too warm StokeBoy, running lights at night is very sensible though. :)  You may need to add an aquarium chiller to keep solution temperatures down. A Heath Robinson alternative is to fill a few plastic bottles 3/4 full with water, freeze them then put one in the system when the temps hit 22 degrees Celsius, then swap out with a fresh one if need be. :)  

Edited by Saddam
1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Saddam said:

:eek:  That's a bit too warm StokeBoy, running lights at night is very sensible though. :)  You may need to add an aquarium chiller to keep solution temperatures down. A Heath Robinson alternative is to fill a few plastic bottles 3/4 full with water, freeze them then put one in the system when the temps hit 22 degrees Celsius, then swap out with a fresh one if need be. :)  

Sorry sadam, that's room temp 24/25...I dipped the probe from the room temperature gauge in to the water, just a millimetre or so, and it read 20 and nice and cool to touch, but maybe not accurate lol, i'll get the proper aquarium thermometer tomorrow, the roots are nice and white/silvery and furry when I pulled back the pebbles to have a look though..I've moved to a hard water area and god its driving me nuts..Never had to watch my water so much when in a soft water area. Would a ph of 8 been the reason for stunted growth ??? Cheers for help too mate, its a god send fellow growers can help on here

2 people like this

My bad, 20 degrees Celsius is the sweet spot for nutrient temperature. :)  pH 8 won't have helped much. Other things you might want to check are that you have adequate fresh airflow (30 changes of the volume of the grow room per hour is optimal imho)  as the plants are basically built from the very little Co2 contained in the air.  Also, running a low EC/CF/PPM, whichever one you use to calculate your nutrient strength.   

1 person likes this