Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

clue_less

Grow Space

Sorry if this has been covered before, if so perhaps you could point me in the right direction

How much space is required around a tent, i have a small space 80cm x 50cm and i'm wondering how big a tent would fit in that space. I've seen reasonably cheap tents on that auction site but they're empty, once they have all the necessary light and air put in, do they need space around them for intake and extraction?

I feel like i'm asking the same question...i'm sure you know what i mean

Thanks in advance

Posted (edited)

Hi @clue_less

I'm sure you will get more experienced growers answering soon but I may be able to offer some (albeit limited) help in the meantime :P

It really depends on how your intending to set up your extraction, i.e. inside the tent or out. If your planning on setting up your fan & filter outside the tent to save space inside, then you are likely going to need a reasonable amount of room (from the side of the space to your tent) to run a pipe out. If you intend to have it all inside the tent, then you may be able to get away with minimal gap around the tent to allow the air to exit - if there's adequate ventilation.

It also depends on the kind of space your using and how many sides it has etc.. If it's a cupboard for example it may be better to convert that instead of getting a tent (which is what I do on a smaller scale) to maximize your space.

So if you could post more information that will help others to answer your question.

Good luck.

:yinyang:

Edited by stoned_ape
1 person likes this

I had a tent in my bedroom I ditched it when I moved my grow into a small room I don't see the point.

1 person likes this

I really have no idea about this, I imagined the air would have to be sucked in and blown out of the tent not that it could all be kept inside. Might be a nonstarter anyway, missus saw me measuring and thought she was getting shelves!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry @clue_less I think we are getting our wires crossed :D

What ever space you plan on using, you will always need fresh air coming in and stale warm air extracted - ideally, or your environment will suffer and so will the plants.

Sorry to hear about the missus, tell her the "flux capacitor thingymajig" in your drill is broken, do the washing up, buy her some chocolates, and hopefully she will go off the whole shelf idea :thumsup:

Edited by stoned_ape

That's what I thought, so back to the original question, if I had a width of say 80cm how wide a tent would I get away with to allow space for intake and extraction...?