Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ronaldo49

Lec or focus reflector for 315 cmh

37 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, catfish said:

again im not questioning you bruv ,but have there been any indi tests done on those figures bro ?

No mate just what maxi has released. I've gota focus in a 1m2 where I previously had a LEC and I've had my quantum meter under both and it's almost the same, bit lower around the edges. I haven't done anything proper or published anything though. I will if theres a demand before I get rid of the 1m2. 

1 hour ago, catfish said:

one more question on the maxibright website they calim that their ballasts are lfsw . i thought someone on here said other wise ?

have they changed this ?

They don't use the philips ballasts anymore like in the MK1, but the new ballasts are LFSW. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

if your in the states & she smokes it too then tell her to take the derry if the cops come a knockin, unless she's irish too, then you blame the leprechauns lol

Edited by Joint hogger

1 hour ago, Joint hogger said:

if your in the states & she smokes it too then tell her to take the derry if the cops come a knockin, unless she's irish too, then you blame the leprechauns lol

Shit if we were in california she wouldnt be worried at all but we will be in ireland for a few years. She's an irish citizen and would most likely just get a fine for 4 plants from what I've read but I wouldn't have her take the fall for it. We have a house with no roomates, dont have many people over, and nobody knows about it so i'm not worried about getting caught. I told her about the golden rule of no smell, no sell, no tell and there wont be any problems.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Golden Syrup said:

No mate just what maxi has released. I've gota focus in a 1m2 where I previously had a LEC and I've had my quantum meter under both and it's almost the same, bit lower around the edges. I haven't done anything proper or published anything though. I will if theres a demand before I get rid of the 1m2. 

They don't use the philips ballasts anymore like in the MK1, but the new ballasts are LFSW. 

Thats good to know. Looks like ill go with 2 focus connect kits.

7 hours ago, Ronaldo49 said:

They look pretty big so i dont think 2 would fit in my tent. 

5 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

They're too big for the small wattage nature of the 315w, 60cm around or smaller is the sweet spot :yep: 

It's really easy to cut the blades to whatever size you desire before you assemble the parabolic. :)   Tools required - 1 hacksaw and bit of coarse  sandpaper to tidy up sharp edges. :)   

51 minutes ago, Saddam said:

It's really easy to cut the blades to whatever size you desire before you assemble the parabolic. :)   Tools required - 1 hacksaw and bit of coarse  sandpaper to tidy up sharp edges. :)   

I would rather use a reflector made for cmh bulbs so I don't have to use the adapter. I also like the connect reflector so I can attach the ballast to it and have one unit since i need to have the ballasts inside the tent.

1 person likes this

@Ronaldo49  to be fair, if your planning on using two 315w set ups in a 1m tent then you have to use a decent sized fan to keep the tent cool enough,

I'm using a 5" L1 ruck fan in a 1m tent with a 5" x 300mm filter myself running at 60% power with two CMH set ups & had to turn one of the lights off

as the temps were just creeping into the low 30's C, I'm going to re rig my ventilation with a bigger filter then put the other light back on.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

@Ronaldo49  to be fair, if your planning on using two 315w set ups in a 1m tent then you have to use a decent sized fan to keep the tent cool enough,

I'm using a 5" L1 ruck fan in a 1m tent with a 5" x 300mm filter myself running at 60% power with two CMH set ups & had to turn one of the lights off

as the temps were just creeping into the low 30's C, I'm going to re rig my ventilation with a bigger filter then put the other light back on.

Its actually a 1.5 meter tent but ill only have 1.2 with plants. The fan is 200mm 793 m3/h on low and 1218 on high so i think i should be ok. Ill be using a mountain air 200 mm by 1000mm 1610 m3/h filter. 

Edited by Ronaldo49

sorry mate, just reread that bit about your 1.5m tent so ignore what I said  :bag:

the one thing that I'm considering adding for the future trying to keep a lower profile is to get a low lowered fan & filter for my main smoking area,

some of the strains I've grown have been proper stinkers & its made it kinda awkward with the few neighbors whenever they needed something &

chapped my door, you see it instantly in their eyes when the smell gave them a good slap across the chops  lol   so need to be more careful there.

yea thats a good idea. The last thing you want is to get busted from the smell.

I just moved here from San Francisco in december so still getting used to being extra careful. I was a delivery driver for a dispensary and miss the cheap quality buds and extracts. In a few months I wont have to buy from anybody anymore so I'm looking forward to that.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

many thanks bro .

Deported my hole ,tell her that ! 

It might just be as handy to buy the two 930 bulbs ,rather than one of each ,930&942 ,because folks seem to be using the flowering bulb all the way through .I'm doing the reverse and using the wrong bulb ,942 . 

All the best ,míle buiochas .

@Michael Luchóg The quality of high tends to be a tiny bit better under the 942s as they emit a bit more of the UVA/B spectrum but its really not by a lot. The 930 lamps have got a higher YPF (yield photon flux) than the 942 lamps because of the extra red, in real world terms that translates to quicker growing plants and a bigger yield.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Golden Syrup said:

@Michael Luchóg The quality of high tends to be a tiny bit better under the 942s as they emit a bit more of the UVA/B spectrum but its really not by a lot. The 930 lamps have got a higher YPF (yield photon flux) than the 942 lamps because of the extra red, in real world terms that translates to quicker growing plants and a bigger yield.

Have you tried using a 942 and 930 at the same time? Thats what im planning on doing.