Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Magicmunchietree

Mould on peat pots??

Ok so I understand why I have some mould on my peat fibre pots I used to start off my chocolate mint OG seedlings. I put them in a propagate to raise the humidity but the pots get damp and when checked earlier I noticed some white fur on the outside of the Pots. 

The seedlings look fine, they are starting to throw roots out of the bottom which I'm impressed with after just 3 days since they popped up through the soil, will the mould be an issue at all if I take them out of the prop and get air to them. I'm aware that when I pot up the pot simply degraded and rots in the soil anyway but what should my next move be? They're still a couple days off a pot up. 

if you've got any white,black,white sheeting, you can cut out pot lid covers, this stops any light hitting the soil, preventing any algae growth &

it also encourage the roots to grow through the top layer of soil, normally the roots stop growing about a 1/2" to 1" below the top soil surface.

post-36349-0-72234900-1337037116_thumb.jpg

gallery_36349_2174_235213.jpg                  gallery_36349_2174_41587.jpg

1 person likes this

@Joint hogger Ive seen people do this a number of times on here thats a good shout, I will do this as I am going to pot them up into standard plastic pots this weekend, then they will finish in the usual 8L fiber pots.