Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DoubleDipper

Strain for outdoors, greenhouse specifically

Hi guys I'm looking for a strain of auto's does well in greenhouses/outdoors was thinking something like Dianfem blue amnesia XXL, Original sensible Purple Haze or Buddha magnum which I have heard goods things on here. I'm sort of a newbie (Done a few grows indoors but it was awhile ago) so i'm game for any tips and suggestions too. Would like too though if anyone has had any experience with these strains or a great/bad one with others strains in a greenhouse.

There arent many commercially available autos that do well outdoors, but in a well ventilated green house you can do ok...  

heres some I've had good results with:  Dinafem White widow, Sweet seeds Sweet trainwreck or cream mandarine ...  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

There arent many commercially available autos that do well outdoors, but in a well ventilated green house you can do ok...  

heres some I've had good results with:  Dinafem White widow, Sweet seeds Sweet trainwreck or cream mandarine ...  

Thanks will have a look i'm using one of those plastic ones guess I will have to tear some holes in it lol. Not that fussed as long as get about a Oz pp. What yield you get for those if you don't mind my asking.

Edited by DoubleDipper

I have done ok with Dinafem auto White widow and auto OG Kush in a greenhouse, but I did have some mould issues. This year I have more extraction planned to try and keep humidity down in flower

21 minutes ago, Mr blue said:

I have done ok with Dinafem auto White widow and auto OG Kush in a greenhouse, but I did have some mould issues. This year I have more extraction planned to try and keep humidity down in flower

What you planning to use for extraction a fan?

3 hours ago, DoubleDipper said:

Thanks will have a look i'm using one of those plastic ones guess I will have to tear some holes in it lol. Not that fussed as long as get about a Oz pp. What yield you get for those if you don't mind my asking.

yeah have all vents open, doors open and maybe cut some wholes in higher up too...  If you can be arsed I'd get a proper GH ,  sometimes people give them away on gumtree etc...   I don't really bother weighing stuff but at a guess about a 1/2 oz PP ...  you will suffer mold without ample ventilation

@DoubleDipper pc fans controlled by a raspberry pi to kick in when temp or humidity goes too high

I had Sensi Early Skunk last year and it was a blinding success, I just couldn't stop them from growing; to the point the roots grew through the tubs and into the earth itself.

On final harvest I managed 25oz dry weight from 3 plants so more than happy. Only thing I will say is learn about topping because they will grow TALL.

7 hours ago, gthang said:

I had Sensi Early Skunk last year and it was a blinding success, I just couldn't stop them from growing; to the point the roots grew through the tubs and into the earth itself.

On final harvest I managed 25oz dry weight from 3 plants so more than happy. Only thing I will say is learn about topping because they will grow TALL.

autos? 

@Mr blue Nice gotta use that pi for something what power source you using?

4 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

autos? 

No I had feminized photo period plants. I did have 3 Northern Lights autos though and after a slow start thanks to the weather they picked up and flourished and we're around 5.5ft each with lovely buds on them by the end.

@DoubleDipper a 300w solar panel and 2 100ah batteries ( massive overkill but what i had kicking about anyway) they also run the fans

1 person likes this

large_009.JPGlarge_003.JPG

Sweet seeds seem to work well in the greenhouse,   i only run outdoors and 99% autos due to working away from home for blocks at a time,  they do their own thing and i use water droppers for feed and water.     These were early planted ones and not far off being ready,  yes they are low yielding as it was a winter run with freezing temps so they are pretty hardy lol    

5 people like this