Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

newbiedean

600w dual spectrum for 6 plants?

19 posts in this topic

im new to this, can anyone advise me if i will get a reasonable yeild using a 600w dual spec bulb for 6 plants. they are in 10l pots in plagron batmix, around 18-20 inches in height and ready to go into flower. i only have that one light at the moment and wondered if i could get through this first grow with that alone. i plan on using some canna terra flores neutrients for flowering stage. sorry if this seems a stupid question im just learning :)

Edited by newbiedean
used wrong word

Yes duel spec bulbs work great for flowering, full sodium bulbs are better for late flowering but the duel spec is better for first 3 weeks flowering or so. I use both and swap but duel spec are fine all the way through.

3 people like this

thankyou for your reply. so do you think its reasonable to assume there will be enough light for 6 plants off one 600w dual spec hps lamp..it has a boost facility that takes it to 660w but im worried about the lifespan of the bulb on that?

hi. i use a 600w duel spec for veg, and flowering with in a dr120 tent, using plagron light mix soil. the bat mix is good, but can get bugs in tho. 

i use bio bizz fish mix for grow, and bio bizz bloom for flowering with, i mix fish mix in to the bloom feed in flower to keep the plants green through flower, till the end when i stop all feed and give plain water for the last week to 10 days before chopping. 

i used to use sun t plus 600w hps bulbs for flowering, there great. but i seem to get more stretch in late grow/flower tho, due to the less blue light. 

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
2 people like this

5 minutes ago, newbiedean said:

thankyou for your reply. so do you think its reasonable to assume there will be enough light for 6 plants off one 600w dual spec hps lamp..it has a boost facility that takes it to 660w but im worried about the lifespan of the bulb on that?

i have 10 plants under my 600w sunmaster duel spec , in 11l square pots of plagron light mix. in a dr120 tent. thats 1.2 square meters. and i have little bushys in there. lol 

check one of them out here below. there from my humboldt seeds indoor comp diary. there at day 34 of flower in these pics below , as i say there are 10 plants under the 600w duel spec. so if doing 6 i would use 20 liter pots of soil. and multi fim/ top the plants for maximun heads. i always do this to up my yield as i grow organicly in soil. for the best taste. 

large.IMG_1005.JPGlarge.IMG_1006.JPGlarge.IMG_0998.JPG

2 people like this

thankyou smokie1 bcfc. i was looking at getting the canna neutriants as its just one part in veg and one part in flower..seemed simple enough. with the batmix i was advised that i shouldnt need to use neutrients up until flower really. also ive heard boost and pk 13/14 when used together can give great yeilds and can be used alongside the canna terra flores. i was going to concentrate on getting the basics right first and just use the canna terra flores. does anyone think il be okay doing this?

its if your growing for quality or yield ?

i used to grow in soil using boosts and canna pk13/14 and my buds burnt horrid with a black ash. :wallbash:

i had big yields tho. i just couldn't smoke it. lol even the bubblehash from it used to sissle like a bonfire sparkler. 

if using chemical/ hydronutes you need to be more on the ball with ph, and the amount of nutes you use. 

and need to give them a good 10 day flush of plain water before harvest. and drop the feed down over the last few weeks so the plants yellow telling you they have used up all there stored nutes.

i would say to you to use the bio bizz nutes, as you aint going to get horrid burning weed, unless you overfeed with it, its more easy to burn the plants with chemica feeds as its avalible strait away to the plants. where as soil grows with organic nutes take a few days to break down in the soil, feeding the soil. in organic soil, your feeding the soil, not the plant. the plant them uptakes what nutes it needs when it needs them. its the opposite in soil grown with chemical nutes tho. 

its up to you mate if you want a simple grow then go soil. but if want more hassle, and a bad burning bud then go chemical. its just my personal opinion mate that's all. :yinyang:

edit spelling as stoned on bubblehash today. lol 

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
3 people like this

thankyou so much for your advice, il upload a couple of pics of my plants before they go into flower.

1 person likes this

no problem mate. that is what the site is for. im no expert but i get some tasty ass buds growing the way i mentioned above in soil/ organics. well as organic as indoor can get. lol 

the no til method of soil growing looks good. its just you mix your own soi, using bat guano and other things, and you just feed them water only. :yinyang:

this sounds a much better way of growing. my father talks about the stuff being different when he was younger and that todays stuff isnt natural. im guessing keeping away from chemical neuts will produce product that isnt as 'strong' as some of the chemically stuff the kids are smoking these days. but ratherit would be much more natural and not as harmful to the brain :) i could be wrong...

yes the chemicals in the dealer hydro weed is making people mentaly ill, and weed gets the blame:wallbash:

growing organic in soil, gives a smooth burn, no black ash like hydro bud, and organic weed will have a light grey/ white ash when burn't and will be full of sweet natural terp tastes.

and the strenth of the organic bud will blow the hydro out the pond. lol pond weed we call bad grown hydro. :fart:

dont get me wrong if done rite, using just grow and boom, with no boosters n such. hydro can smoke great, if flushed rite, and not overfed with boosters and pk13/14. 

i grew up smoking seeded weed in the late 80,s early 90's and some of it was real strong, like the sativa's from africa/ malawi and thialand . and the hash like red lebonese and african malawi black hash was knockout stuff. :yep:

2 people like this

large.webcam-toy-photo2.jpglarge.webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

pretty much end of veg now. im thinking they look healthy enough?

3 people like this

these have had 600w mh over them for the most part of veg. in plagron batmix with no added neutriants as yet. 2 fans blowing dofferent directions and before i flower will be installing rhino pro filter and fan.

fan and filter needed asap m8 it looks good and probably stinks already just if you cant smell it youve gone probably noseblind to it :) fan and filter is more important than anything else now mate 

3 people like this

I wouldnt go cheap on the Extraction fan because u will just be buying twise if you do lol

Atb

JJ

3 people like this