Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Splooge

ready to be chopped?

31 posts in this topic

Beautiful flowers m8 :yep:

1 person likes this

Thanks for the good feedback lads :yep:. Plain water in my res now. I’ll update as they change/ purple up(hopefully) :thumsup:

1 person likes this

Ok .. maybe not, my ballast, bulb or bulb holder have stopped working :wallbash: need to sort another bulb to try tomorrow but that means at least one day of full darkness :nope: 

ow  that purple buggers  a stunner ... good work mate:yep:

1 person likes this

On 5/13/2018 at 10:28 AM, Owderb said:

Dont worry about it, it won't ruin it, in fact its a good thing because its nice to find out if the smoke is different by letting it go over its readiness 

Owd

This is my current dilemma.

large.darkghosttrain4.jpglarge.darkghosttrain3.JPGlarge.darkghosttrain1.JPGlarge.darkghosttrain2.JPG

@Teeth you wanted to see their proper colours? Took a few quick pics before lights on. These are looking better every day.:thumsup:

10 people like this

They look outstanding  @Splooge - Check the colours - I'd be over the moon.  Well done mate.

how long are you going to give them - is that a week of plain water?

1 person likes this

Looking cooked to me :) looking lovely i bet thatal be a fine smoke :)

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

I'm dribbling mate! They look soooooooo sweet! :bong:

If it were me I'd be chopping right now, although I'm a bit keen, but you clearly know what you're doing mate, so rock on! :yinyang:

1 person likes this

@Teeth yeah a week of plain water. The latest I’ll be chopping the ones in the pics will be Wednesday, maybe earlier if I get the time. There’s 2 plants that are still a deep green with no fade at all, but they look like they could do with another week or so anyway (the frostiestest one from the first set of pics is one of them). Still thinking about taking just the main tops and leaving the lowers along with the other 2 that are still deep green for maybe a week or so:g:

1 person likes this

@Splooge

Funny you mention about just taking the tops - i was thinking the same with my Sweet gals as think the lowers could benefit from extra light/time. 

I'm stalking you from a distance ;) so will see how you get on.  I don't think an extra week pondering will do any harm, in fact probably do good.  I'm hopeless with my loupe and empty jars is going to be my downfall.

All the best

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't think they are ready just yet. Little tip when checking the trichomes, shield strong light with your hand and then you will see if they are milky or just reflecting light.

Edited by tokenroll
7 people like this

ok yesterday I went for it and they all came down (I'm kind of needing the space freed up for my seedlings I've got going too). The plan was to fit all of them in my built in wardrobe where I draw my intake from, after taking the first one down I realised this wasn't going to happen ha. now I need to make some more space to hang them outside of the tent. Going to go in today and sort it.

I didn't get many pics, only one of a top from one plant and one of some of the tops of the same plant hanging ( before I removed the larger leaves).large.harvest.JPGlarge.harvest2.JPG

@Teeth I probably should of went for just the tops but I need the tent unfortunately, but what I do have is bubblebags :thumsup:. So I'll just throw the lowers in them . I've got a 30x loupe, its pretty vague and doesn't have enough magnification, then I have a pocket microscope which is a pain to keep in focus unless you trim some material and take it to a table or something. I think I'm going for the USB microscope this time around, from the pictures I've seen you don't need it jammed up against the buds to get into focus, third time lucky hopefully:P.

@tokenroll I tried everything to get a decent view of them, I was shielding the light too. Seems 30x mag isn't quite enough to see them clearly for me anyway, but thanks. I'll give the usb scopes a try and hopefully do better with a laptop screen:yes:

5 people like this

This is why I didn't leave the lowers and slower plant for the extra week... really need more planning or maybe tents :wallbash: To be fair it was my first go at starting seeds in this. The roots were a mess so they've got slight... erm transplant shock (they look pretty much dead) think they'll bounce back though:doh:

large.IMG_1393.JPG

1 person likes this

If you were waiting on the crop for your smoke, better to chop a bit of medium or lower bud rather than take it all.

Looked pretty much done regardless but maybe another week next time?

Lovely looking plants though. Well done on growing something that turns heads a little.

ps, if you bubble bag for hash, dry the leftovers and you can grab some bho or oil out of it.

1 person likes this