Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

prawn

Blulab peridoser automated drippers

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OK so its been a while in the making but here's the blulab peridoser room I just made in pics...

it's a fully automated room that theoretically I could plant the girls - close the door for 9 weeks and come back to crop :D 

large.1.jpg

starting with 'the brain box'

sensors read the ph and ec and then adjust accordingly

large.2.jpg

Inside we have a couple safety features...ballcock valve and overflow runoff - also an antisyphon valve..large.3.jpg

In the tank are some airstones (with no return valves on tubes) and a small pump to circulate the nutes...

large.4.jpg

love this thing .. a solenoid valve which is plugged into a timer...tops up the tank with water once a day then switches off..

large.5.jpg

hefty pump feeds these drippers once a day  (I'm in 12 litre airpots in canna coco) the brown things are regulating valve things that make sure all pots get equal feeds (also stops syphoning if the antisyphon valve doesn't work for some reason)

large.6.jpg

It's drain to waste - 20% runoff straight outside into a waterbutt for the garden.

large.7.jpg

I have a 6 inch silent fan pulling through filter then pushing air through a silencer then through aircooled reflecters and outside (I went with pushing air through to minimize the chance of smells reaching outside.

large.8.jpg

4inch fan brings in air from outside and goes through this circulating fan for max dispersion...

large.9.jpg

3 600 watt digital ballasts

large_10.jpg

18 happy girls - wish me luck

Edited by prawn
I'm a little retarded
18 people like this

Posted (edited)

At 7pm the airstones and circulating pump switch on for an hour - then at 8pm the girls are fed for 12mins -which gives around 20% runoff, then everything turns off ..then the next morning the airstones - circulating pump and solenoid valve come on - fills the tank and the peridoser adjusts the nutes for the evenings feed then everything off until 7pm rinse repeat.

Edited by prawn
again - I have no idea what Im doing.
4 people like this

Eyup mate - nice set up! I really like it! I've looked into auto dosers and stuff before but I don't think its for me! 

What I will say though is maybe do away with the air stones and just stick a circulating pump in there, as long as the top of the water is moving and surface tension is being broken then more than enough oxygen will get in there - not to mention you are top feeding, so its even less of a concern! You will find that you will use more pH down than is necessary, I can't remember the exact science but in short adding air stones to the res makes the pH go up and up and up and you'll end up adding loads of pH down and ultimately damaging the end quality of the crop! 

All in all, awesome mate! Maybe the first of its kind I've seen here on UK420! Maybe next its time to do away with the air cooled lights lol 

Peace out :yinyang: 

2 people like this

Thanks G.S. ;)

The airstones are only on for a bit to give the nutes a good mix while dosing then switch off but I'll keep an eye on the levels  (the controller logs all readings :D ) and adjust accordingly ;) 

5 people like this

Got to say, great looking grow room there. Neat, tidy, everything in its place.

Something to aspire towards. I've taken my room down and plan to tidy it up before the next grow. And add more 315W CMH.

I wish you luck for the harvest and have no doubt it will be bloody good one!

Best of luck mate and well done. A room to be proud of for sure.

1 person likes this

Thanks mate - this is my dream growroom :D been wanting to build this for years... it'll have a few tweaks along the way I'm sure ;)

I'll post progress as I go (I'm sure I'm going to need a few pointers- first time in coco...been in pebbles flood n drain for years so this will be a nice new learning curve)

1 person likes this

I was on the flood and drain or ebb and flow as some called it. Worked great, was a hydro set up using Ionic nutes if I remember.

These days its organic, just moved up to 18 inch pots, but may drill holes and put a tight over them. (cheapo airpot)

As a grower of many years, I salute your grow room and it really is a fantastic effort by yourself.

Kicks me up the arse to make mine more neat and tidy instead of a mess, cables all over and ballasts on the floor.

1 person likes this

Absolutely awesome m8, id love a fully automated room ike that, top job & thanks for sharing :yep:

2 people like this

watching with interest...

climbing into the loft daily gets old quick lol

so i went dwc thats ok for 4 days in my setup.

full automation looks quality,just need a few cameras so you can check everything from your setee and your laughing!

2 people like this

............and I never knew that jealousy could give you an erection........:shock:...:blushing:

100%.........spot on.........what a great piece of work.........:yep:

I'll be in the shed at 0600 tomorrow, tending the girls......  :furious:

;)

2 people like this

Brilliant setup pal, like GS has suggested its only missing out on proper lights now ;) 

Could i ask what the brown regulators are and where would i find them ?

Peace

1 person likes this

wow this is just beautiful and shows your knowledge in quite afew fields, may i ask what them brown regulators are called i have a homemade drip system which is suffering from uneven watering right now......

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, RePtOiD said:

wow this is just beautiful and shows your knowledge in quite afew fields, may i ask what them brown regulators are called i have a homemade drip system which is suffering from uneven watering right now......

How do you have the drippers set up bud? I always use a "T" from the pump, then a ring with equal feeder hose lengths to each plant which keeps them pretty even.

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

hey old goat i followed all the info here in the dripper thread, i did a big square and then did equal lines to each site but then i used octa drippers on the ends and i think that's where the problem lies so ill try your method with T's :smokin:

1 person likes this

Thanks folks :) - the brown disk things are called ' CNL fittings'  they work with a high pressure system (needs a hefty pump to overcome 36 valves) - I like them as an extra safety mech as it stops siphoning and also distributes feed evenly - downside is they'll need changing every grow but not such a big deal as they're cheap and easy to pop in.

I was thinking about getting a camera in - the blulab controller has a usb dongle thing that I've not set up yet - but I believe it logs daily levels and allows you to adjust feed and ph levels from your phone or pc .. so theoretically - I could be on a beach somewhere and keep an eye on my grow at the same time :D 

I'm interested in these new lights people are talking about (I'm assuming you mean the 315w cmh lights) I've been growing the same way for quite a while so these lights are new to me .. what sort of heat do they give off? do you not need to aircool them like hps? would four lights give me the same results as 3 600w hps?

best get reading up again :D 

1 person likes this