Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K_P

Cannabinoids and cancer

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I am in desperate need of advice, my dad has been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, that has spread to his bones and I am looking into buying cannabinoids to reduce pain and help stop the cancer progressing. I have been recommended a couple of suppliers that I will be having conversations with and am getting a list of questions together, but want to cover off as much as possible.

So I am hoping you could give some suggestions of questions I needs to ask? I have spent what feels like an enternity on the net looking at info and will ask things like THC content/strain/sativa/indica etc, but I am completely new to this and not sure if there are obvious questions I should be asking or things I should consider?

I am grateful of any guidance you can give!!! Feeling a bit out of my comfort zone over here!!!

Edited by K_P
1 person likes this

You'd be wanting a high THC oil. preferably from organic weed grown with no pesticides. Your best bet would be to grow your own but I realise time is an issue. It would take three months to produce a crop minimum. Make sure it's been made properly and all the alcohol has been cooked and purged. Are your 'suppliers' offering ready made oil or the bud to make it from?

5 people like this

In my experience.....high THC content (bud/HBO/Full extract) helped me deal with the rigours of chemotherapy and acted as an incredibly useful tool to help me get over my cancer.

It would help me eat, drink and stop feeling so sick in the days after treatment.  Leaving me free to try to recover.

It recovered my digestion (which would just stop working after chemotherapy with no medicine).

I wouldn't like to comment on actual ratios (THC/CBD) for lung cancer as I would be way way out of my depth.....

I would say (IMO) that I believe the balance of cannabinoids is the key and you need all them in all their beautiful glory.

I spend time discussing a very different cancer with our American friends and their approach to treatment.......they will be issued and take all three (10/90) (90/10) (50/50) (THC/CBD) to see what works the best.

Rick Simpson does some great videos for oil beginners and explains dosages very well (IMO) 

9 people like this

hi i am sorry to hear this sad news but the only advice i can offer is please be careful as sadly there are many scammers out there esp online selling fake or dangerous poorly made oil,idk what area you are in but have a look on facebook for a local cannabis club or co operative most areas have one now and often they are more reliable for medicinal oil,or have a think maybe someone you know is a smoker or grower and folk are often willing to help if your brave enough to ask,i treated my wifes cancer using only waste from a local cashcroppers harvest the stuff they dump or burn most often but it makes perfectly good oil if correctly made,sadly we cannot help each other without getting in trouble a sad state of things imo,best of luck in your search,peace

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

im in the same boat mate ... i have to grow and harvest to make oil for  mam in la  whos got cancer  in bones  skull etc ... seen all the rso vids  and hoping for a good crop this year ,,,,    from what i have read,,  a 1:1  thc  cbd ratio is the way to  go ....     hope you get  a good grow and LOADS of oil mate ...

start by getting him some  bud  (  or make cookies   brownies etc  so it gets in his system .)  ive also read that fresh  ginger is effective for cancer too   so im growing a tub full of it ...

Edited by vortex
5 people like this

Had bad news yesterday from mum who told me she has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Linfoma. I want to make her some oil as I have lots of weed from this years growing but it's all Auto at the moment- is this OK? I have four large 'proper' plants but they wont be harvested till around November. I have silly questions like how much should she take and when. Someone told me about the size of a small pea and bedtime makes sense to me. To take it should she put it on her finger and rum it into her gum? Any advice on this will be great as she starts chemo in a couple of weeks.

Are these the best syringes for the oil: 

10 x Disposable Toolbox eJuice Injector Syringes Pet Feeder 1ml DIY

by L-FENG-UK

on Amazon if you can have a look for me please. Didn't want to just cut and paste a link here- cheers

5 hours ago, The Green Hornet said:

Had bad news yesterday from mum who told me she has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Linfoma. I want to make her some oil as I have lots of weed from this years growing but it's all Auto at the moment- is this OK? I have four large 'proper' plants but they wont be harvested till around November. I have silly questions like how much should she take and when. Someone told me about the size of a small pea and bedtime makes sense to me. To take it should she put it on her finger and rum it into her gum? Any advice on this will be great as she starts chemo in a couple of weeks.

This sounds like your mother has a similar cancer to me....Is it NHL or hodgkins ?

I am in remission and took oil throughout my chemo and rein-fusion....Coming up 12 months now and I was stage 4B

I can help with my experience.....If she is having BEAM-R she will need all the help she can get...I am now disabled from having the treatment.(Not the cancer)

Oral Syringe 1ml

This is the syringe to use......Search google for '1ml feeding syringe' they sell them in many places and are like 20p each :yep:

Your Mum will be taking one of these a day minimum when up and running and used to the medicine

I have a few delivery methods.....My personal favourite is a bowl of hot porridge (the lipids in milk help cannabinoid absorption)

Or a hot cup of Tea.....(Over 50 celsius for both to make sure the cannabinoids are all activated upon ingestion :yep: - I try to never take the oil over 50 celsius when making it)

Also....if your crop is very high THC may I suggest the addition of a good CBD oil to counter the stoned affects and make the medicine more potent.

RSO makes better medicine IMO but you can use shatter/BHO.....Just like above....use CBD oil to balance

Good luck to a fellow warrior.....Don't let the survival rates scare you.....there for people who refuse to acknowledge  cannabis as a medicine unfortunately.

Message me or contact me here for any further information.....If your mother needs someone who has been through it to discuss things with I am generally always about 

Much love

Ken

:hippy::oldtoker::hippy:

10 people like this

Good man Ken- thanks for all the help, encouragement and good wishes. 1g a day and it takes 10g to make 1g I understand. I havn't made it yet- will do a first batch Monday. H&B has CBD oil at less than half price at the moment a friend told me yesterday. Thanks a lot mate- I'll be in touch

1 person likes this

i'd have a look at chefscbd.com for their FSO etc, far better and stronger than any holland and barrett shiz IMO

2 people like this

On 08/09/2018 at 5:53 PM, The Green Hornet said:

Good man Ken- thanks for all the help, encouragement and good wishes. 1g a day and it takes 10g to make 1g I understand. I havn't made it yet- will do a first batch Monday. H&B has CBD oil at less than half price at the moment a friend told me yesterday. Thanks a lot mate- I'll be in touch

DONT use the H and B bro.......I can dm you some links for proper CBD oil with a proper profile.

I look forward to chatting more and tell your mum 'she has this' :yep:

(dont start with a gram a day as for a newbie this would be way too much)

2 people like this

3 hours ago, zen-ken said:

(dont start with a gram a day as for a newbie this would be way too much)

By this I mean they would be really really stoned

Much love

Ken

:hippy:

Edited by zen-ken
1 person likes this

On 08/09/2018 at 5:53 PM, The Green Hornet said:

1g a day and it takes 10g to make 1g I understand.

I reckon to get 3-4 grams of top top quality medicinal oil from an oz of top shelf Bud.....so yeah :yep:

Ill do the trim from time to time as well as its still pokey as f@ck but will wash quickly if I do this.

1 person likes this

On 9/10/2018 at 8:25 PM, zen-ken said:

By this I mean they would be really really stoned

Much love

Ken

:hippy:

Yes, I was worried about that. Also worried about how long I can keep her in oil as it takes 10g to make 1 right? Harvest of the main plants wont be done till November so won't know what I'm rocking with till then anyway. I have some auto so will make some with that for now. Yes please PM me the link to get better CBD oil than they have in H&B. cheers

message sent.....someone else asked me about this as well but his whole crop was destroyed at the time.

Seems he has recovered as his site is back up and running.....anyone else PM for details

I am not associated with him or work for him.....I just use his products and review accordingly 

1 person likes this