Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

35 posts in this topic

This year should be exciting. This is the place where I'm going to be documenting some new seeds to me, and some hacks of other growers, and my own that I've been testing or will be testing. 

Some of the new seeds are Critical Sour and Outdoor grapefruit kindly donated by Mr B @Female Seeds Team :yep:

There will be a repro of some original MOB S2 going on and going to take last years Early skunk*Leb27 (ES27) hack to F2 seen as it performed well for me last year (especially with the crap weather we've had - Lat 50-51) with one pheno that had just a spec of mould last year... Want to work on that one even though it was a little bit late harvest in mid October. 

Also going to work on ES27s *Leb27v2; Again did very well last year with one pheno that smells so lemony I had my nostrils full of weed when trimming as I couldn't stop smelling the buds - will work on that line if I'm lucky to get 2 out 5.

Will test out 1 Killer Kush Leb27... KK had quite a bit of bud rot for me eaven though some reported good mould resistance. So hoping the Leb27 will knock off some time and add mould resistance.

I'm in 3 comps this year you can check them out here: RGSC, HSO and Dinafem.

RGSC: DFG, Mighty Gold

HSO: Mango Sapphire, Lost coast OG

Dinafem: Blue Hash, White Widow xxl Auto

This will be a busy year :fear:, so I decided to do 1 of each (except the WWxxl there will be 2), and pamper them best I can.

There will be more details on strains as I go along so stay tuned.

Hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment positive or negative comments. I don't take offence easily and would rather an honest opinion :beer:.

Next up is plots and amendments.

9 people like this

5 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

This year should be exciting. This is the place where I'm going to be documenting some new seeds to me, and some hacks of other growers, and my own that I've been testing or will be testing. 

Some of the new seeds are Critical Sour and Outdoor grapefruit kindly donated by Mr B @Female Seeds Team :yep:

There will be a repro of some original MOB S2 going on and going to take last years Early skunk*Leb27 (ES27) hack to F2 seen as it performed well for me last year (especially with the crap weather we've had - Lat 50-51) with one pheno that had just a spec of mould last year... Want to work on that one even though it was a little bit late harvest in mid October. 

Also going to work on ES27s *Leb27v2; Again did very well last year with one pheno that smells so lemony I had my nostrils full of weed when trimming as I couldn't stop smelling the buds - will work on that line if I'm lucky to get 2 out 5.

Will test out 1 Killer Kush Leb27... KK had quite a bit of bud rot for me eaven though some reported good mould resistance. So hoping the Leb27 will knock off some time and add mould resistance.

I'm in 3 comps this year you can check them out here: RGSC, HSO and Dinafem.

RGSC: DFG, Mighty Gold

HSO: Mango Sapphire, Lost coast OG

Dinafem: Blue Hash, White Widow xxl Auto

This will be a busy year :fear:, so I decided to do 1 of each (except the WWxxl there will be 2), and pamper them best I can.

There will be more details on strains as I go along so stay tuned.

Hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment positive or negative comments. I don't take offence easily and would rather an honest opinion :beer:.

Next up is plots and amendments.

look forward to it mate:skin_up:

1 person likes this

I have 5 Plots and I can show one I finished today with 5 holes. Can't see much due to ground cover. There's an obvious one that hasn't been tilled and another by the spade in the back ground. The others I covered with dead bramble for stealth and to deter any deer to come and settle on them.

Plot3large.Plot3.jpg

What's the soil like?

Most of my plots are either clay (plot 4) Loam (P1, 2, 3) and one airy like coco with some loam (p5).

What did I add to the soil?

Coco (bricks of 5kg split in half or quarter depending on if the hole is new - receiving 1/2 a block as above)

Fresh Kelp - nice to leave near a beach :yep:

FBB - 2,5 hand fulls

Calcified seaweed 2 HF

Chicken poo 2 HF

Bone meal 1 HF

Some older holes had perlite added too. Keeping it simple now. Tilled once to remove all the fat roots. Left coco on top to soak the rain in March. Removed weed and tilled one more to mix in the coco to native soil.

In the picture above you can see top left the entrance to a tunnel leading to plot 1

Pot1 - This is a shared plot with a grow buddy. But most of my holes are to the left.

large.Plot1.jpg

8 people like this

The 12:12 cupboard - Seedlings and buddings. 

large.5af370469df06_1212cupboard.jpg

Al sorts of stuff in here. The bigger plants on the right are Guerrilla Gold 3. The Helena gold is already in Plot 1 (she looks like she has sun damage even though I slowly introduced them to the outdoors after beeing under LED for 24 hours a day - don't ask - realised after 1 month that my timer was shot) along with some MOBstar (testing for AutoBean Stalk)r, Exocheese*Green Gold ( @panik accidental genetics :guitar:) and MOB* EXO*EWS.

The pot soil is Jacks magic mainly. I have had problem with fungus gnat larvae attacking some roots. Hence some cells of the root trainers are empty.

The large plant at the back with yellow leaves at the bottom is a KKFV clone that has been sprayed with STS. 

A couple of carrots are also growing for my allotment :wassnnme:.

8 people like this

Looking good mate. Good luck!

1 person likes this

Will be interested in seeing how those exo cheese x green gold come out. May be accidental genetics but could be a good combo. Exo cheese is robust as fook outdoors, just needs to be quickened up a bit imo

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think the Leb skunk cross has potential..  Select some decent parents this year,  then grow out some large populations at F3 an F4 to find your special girls... then just fine tuning and stabilising to F6/7..  make some F1s with it, prehaps back cross to the leb?   I'd buy a pack ;) 

Edited by Amarillo slim
1 person likes this

On 13/05/2018 at 10:57 AM, Amarillo slim said:

I think the Leb skunk cross has potential..  Select some decent parents this year,  then grow out some large populations at F3 an F4 to find your special girls... then just fine tuning and stabilising to F6/7..  make some F1s with it, prehaps back cross to the leb?   I'd buy a pack ;) 

I hear you bud. It's the large population the problem. Only have limited amount of space. So at F2, I was thinking of doing just late plant outs in a big bed or smaller holes so they grow to 2 feet and thus more manageable. And repeat at F3 and F4. 

I'll mainly select for mould resistance and potency. Out of 4 last year, they were all very consistent in appearance and smell. They differ in finish time and mould resistance. The earlier one had 5 or 7 % mould and the later one hardly any. So will most likely work on those 2 lines so growers can have a choice depending on climate and latitude. Or just stick with mould resistance and get testers up North to see how hardy she really is and see if she finishes up there - they finish down here around the 10th of Occtober, which is a tad late maybe for Northerners? 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 5/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, Boomslang said:

I hear you bud. It's the large population the problem. Only have limited amount of space. So at F2, I was thinking of doing just late plant outs in a big bed or smaller holes so they grow to 2 feet and thus more manageable. And repeat at F3 and F4. 

yeah thats a good method when space is at a premium,  later start so can get numbers on smaller plots....  did some last year planted in august , minimal augured holes,  multiple plants to a hole...    buds on sticks are enough to select for most traits...   also you can plant loads in a bed, and then 'thin out' any that don't cut the mustard as you go....   the only trouble is that with the late start your not getting a accurate idea of finishing times etc with photos.  One of the reasons I like breeding autos.

Edited by Amarillo slim
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

yeah thats a good method when space is at a premium,  later start so can get numbers on smaller plots....  did some last year planted in august , minimal augured holes,  multiple plants to a hole...    buds on sticks are enough to select for most traits...   also you can plant loads in a bed, and then 'thin out' any that don't cut the mustard as you go....   the only trouble is that with the late start your not getting a accurate idea of finishing times etc with photos.  One of the reasons I like breeding autos.

Yes the finishing time would be an issue... I wonder if keeping them in pots from mid April (on 12/12 for 1 month thus slowing growth) to beginning of July with some root pruning going on before hand would work - kinda like keeping dwarf mums before plant out? Bit of faf that would be though.

2 hours ago, Boomslang said:

Yes the finishing time would be an issue... I wonder if keeping them in pots from mid April (on 12/12 for 1 month thus slowing growth) to beginning of July with some root pruning going on before hand would work - kinda like keeping dwarf mums before plant out? Bit of faf that would be though.

can just keep plants ticking over in small pots under raised fluros in a 'cool room'  ,  can keep plants going for couple months like this,  they just stay seedling size but sexual mature...   is faff though,  and it being under lights means that you have to be doing this indoors...  Imo the cons of a late plant our vs the pros of larger population warrants the late planting at f3 / f4 .

1 person likes this

On 17/05/2018 at 4:24 PM, Amarillo slim said:

can just keep plants ticking over in small pots under raised fluros in a 'cool room'  ,  can keep plants going for couple months like this,  they just stay seedling size but sexual mature...   is faff though,  and it being under lights means that you have to be doing this indoors...  Imo the cons of a late plant our vs the pros of larger population warrants the late planting at f3 / f4 .

Probably right mate, I'd rather make seeds or reversing for pollen in my little cupboard rather than keeping seedling sized plants. 

Note cut and pasted from dinaf diaries.

I've been busy today planting out all the girls from all three comps and testers in their holes. I've put them all in Plot 3 in good sized holes. Only RGSC is in plot 2 and may have a slight advantage as it's more open, but more prone to being found and exposed to strong winds. They are likely to finish first and will need that as the landscape becomes brown in October... Plants stand out like a saw thumb.

I have kept all of seedlings in a root trainer at 12/12 and provided all holes with a cage to give them more stability as I am likely to cut away any side branches early up to 1.5 foot in hight so the main stem will be quite long and will need support. That's to avoid bunnies getting to the side branches... Might as well use that energy to grow upwards. 

Soal is loamy and fairly crumbly. 2.5kg Coco brick was added with FBB, Chicken shit, Calcified seaweed. The pot hole has some thatcher organic compost with home compost and perlite @ 30%. I added some beneficial microbes before plant out.

large.5aff4627bc6e2_pothole.jpglarge.5aff49ec743c7_plot2.jpg

Critical Sour female seeds

large.5aff40aff28cc_criticalsour18may.jpg

Outdoor grapefruit female seeds

large.5aff40bef1e3d_ODGF18may.jpg

4 people like this

I've also planted 3 MOB S2 in Plot 1 and Plot 2 Didn't have time to take pics as had to get back in a rush to drop kids to a birthday party :taz:. I was 6 minutes late an d the Mrs gave me the chop!:execute::rofl:

1 person likes this

Got some updates for @Female Seeds Team

The outdoor grapefruit is looking spot on. The critical sour has been attacked by leaf sucking insects which makes the leaves look very holy.

I topped ODG. Went to water them today as the weather is real dry at the moment. Nice for us but the girls could do with a proper heavens opening business.

large.5b2047661b695_ODgrapefruit126.jpg

large.5b2047486fb6a_criticalsour126.jpg

7 people like this