Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

clue_less

Beyond Help!

68 posts in this topic
20 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

Congrats on the successful cuttings! I've never used a windowsil for cutts,so no idea on that, ATB mate :yep:

Windowsills can be good for rooting cuts in the summer but will try to flower in the winter. 

2 people like this

@clue_less could you not afford a cheap cutting tent form ebay/build a box,and then use a small wattage lamp to keep them alive until this grow is finished? APOLOGIES,just realised that you're in a greenhouse.

Edited by ursus1000
apology
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

@clue_less could you not afford a cheap cutting tent form ebay/build a box,and then use a small wattage lamp to keep them alive until this grow is finished? APOLOGIES,just realised that you're in a greenhouse.

I could but I kind of feel if I'm going to invest in a tent and lamp etc. I don't want to buy cheap rubbish then have to replace, but these things are so expensive! And then there is convincing the other half, a couple of seeds in the greenhouse was one thing, a fully fledged tent in the loft is a different thing entirely! I would really like to get a tent but am not sure I'm ready to enter this whole new world...

Advice please..what's the cheapest option to maintain mothers in the house without a tent? Should I get a small full spectrum led lamp to sit over them? Is common house light not enough to keep them from flowering?

Yes any light will stop them flowering as long the light is on them for at least 18 hours.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

Yes any light will stop them flowering as long the light is on them for at least 18 hours.

Thanks, is there any benefit to keeping the light on for longer than 18 hours or shall I just put them on a timer?

yes, it can help keep the temps up in winter, you can run 20/4 or 24/0 at a push.

2 people like this

Exactly as Joint hogger says.

Just to add on the small set up advice @ursus1000 mentioned - I use a small bedside cab, small tube heater, and a 30watt cfl to keep cuttings in veg - you can bonsai them and keep them in a small place for quite some time - I've managed a couple of months, but you could keep them for far longer, then just trim them to shape when you want to roll them on into full veg/flowering... The hardest thing about doing this is getting the nerve up to trim roots - well, speaking for myself that is! :v:

Edited by Slugums