Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mrlizard

In line fan/filter ventilation newbie

22 posts in this topic

@Joint hoggerwhere'd you get the tubing and elbows from? Looks a real nice tidy setup there 

5" or 6" round plastic ducting & ducting couplers from screwfix, metal elbows & metal weave duct tape from Grow&Harvest.

1 person likes this

I've also used solid ducting in my DR120 tent, its got a 6" systemair fan with a 6" x 300mm rhino pro, the filters temporary

& will go into my 1m budbox with a 5" ruck fan & it'll get replaced with a 6" x 600mm rhino pro filter.

large.5ae90b61e0ad0_Twin315wMaxibrightParaboic(7).jpg

1 person likes this

Hiya @Joint hogger

Phase 1 of stealth grow is done (Venting out of the window).

Ready to go to phase 2 (Venting out of the dedicated ridge tile that used to vent the gas fire in the lounge)

I would appreciate your advice.

So last time we spoke I was gonna do the 5 inch plastic ducting etc with rvk.

I splashed a bit of cash and went 6 inch hyper stealth with 6 inch rhino attached, all hanging off bungies. I figured it will pay for itself in the long run as its cheap on leccy. (I find the hyper stealth good on low and high speeds. It's a bit noisy on 60/70% for some reason.)

I then realised 6 inch ducting/piping is a bitch to get hold of hence I just settled for the 6inch flexi pipe from the grow shop.

Now I'm ready to start cutting holes in the ceiling to route the exhaust into that 5.5 inch pipe in the roof on the last pic.

Main concerns are 

1) Not too much resistance to the fan so I can keep the fan speed under 50%.

2) Condensation build up in the loft with the ducting going vertical at the end.

3) Nice snug fit into the loft with quickish release on both sides for when I get my boiler serviced and shit like that. 

4) Noise in general and noise from wind turbulence. Seems to be difficult to suppress on medium ish speed with hyper stealth.

Have a look at the pics below. You;ll see i've got a twisted S shape in the ducting out of the tent which is probably not ideal.

Option 1: keep the fan above the tent in it's current position, attach a 90 degree bend into the loft and have a 5 or 6 m length of insulated ducting to get to the roof tile Option 2 : Move the fan into the loft, and I'll just have a single 90 degree turn into the loft and then ducting to the fan and then onto the roof.

I prefer having the fan in the grow room to monitor the noise and utilise that bungee solution so wondering how much resistance and noise will be caused by all those bends in option 1.

Would I benefit from replacing that black combi ducting with insulated ducting, like that attached to the fan? The noise seems to eminate from inside the silencer and on the exhaust ducting rather than from the black combi.

As for the hole in the ceiling, got my eye on that wall spigot below. Was thinking of cutting an oversized square hole in the ceiling. Going over the top with ply and then cutting the circle into the ply and attaching the spigot to that.

Do you reckon I'll benefit from those 90 degree bends below too in terms of reduced noise/reduced resistance? My ducting is tight as it is. Maybe those bends will be helpful for option 1 where i have lots of bends.

As always. Feedback is very much appreciated.

large.fittings.JPG

large.IMG_20180609_145143.jpglarge.IMG_20180609_145219.jpglarge.IMG_20180609_145530.jpglarge.IMG_20180609_201353.jpg

11 hours ago, mrlizard said:

6 inch rhino attached,

Hate to be the one but there is a growing number of us out there who have totally lost faith in Rhino filters. Personally have had several in recent times leaking more than a bit of smell. I've moved to Mountain Air and have been very impressed so far - back to no sell whatsoever from the output rather than a noticable whiff coming from rhinos.

2 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Hate to be the one but there is a growing number of us out there who have totally lost faith in Rhino filters. Personally have had several in recent times leaking more than a bit of smell. I've moved to Mountain Air and have been very impressed so far - back to no sell whatsoever from the output rather than a noticable whiff coming from rhinos.

Did your rhinos leak as soon as your plants started to stink? Did you shine light through it, looking for gaps in the charcoal?

My plants are not smelling yet. What would you suggest as a test smell to put in the tent? A smelly tin of canned fish? A burning incense stick? 

My Rhino Pro 6 inch cost about £90 so I'll be pissed if it doesn't work. Where do you get your Mountain Air from? Don't wanna end up with counterfeit if I did switch. 

I use these wall/inline spigots (this is a 6") large.5b1d1037e3276_SL371849(1024x768)-Copy.jpglarge.5b1d10427451e_SL371850(1024x768)-Copy.jpg

1 person likes this