Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AKPOG

Gorilla - Grow Diary Attempt

172 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

You do have something special on your hands my friend. Typically, Yes, this strain can show some purple traits but that's usually when the temps are low and not on every plant.

This plant is different and one pheno I've only seen 3x with over 500 grows viewed. This is a pheno leaning very heavy towards the "Sour Dubb" parentage  ;)

She goes purple regardless of temperature changes and is a really special pheno of "gorilla" ;)

Did you clone here mate? If not a re-veg will be needed and advised as I don't see this pheno very often and your going to love it ;)

Just going of the pictures they look to have 7 days left which would put this grow at around 80 days. A little longer than estimated which also leads me to believe this is a super " Sour Dubb" pheno as sour dubb is super sativa leaning and if memory serves takes over 85 days to complete her flower cycle  ;)

As always mate thank you for the diary update.  I'll see you in the pre harvest post my friend  :)

Until then keep up the great work with our gorilla  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Woooaahhhh! Now that has cheered me up no end my friend! And yes, I've kept a clone of her. :punk:  Sativa based would be a dream & it would concur with the "Haze" type stone I got from the early bud smoke test. :oldtoker:

The buds are mentally dense, and I am paranoid of bud rot. The purple is coming on strong on a daily basis & I wouldn't be surprised if all leaves are purple come harvest :boxing:

I've never tried or heard of Sour Dubb, so I'm going to have a read up.

Don't tell anyone, but I've also got both phenos I got of the two Gorillas going Gurilla in my garden & doing really well. I'm hoping I'll be able to prove the nanas were from light leaks, as mother nature is doing as intended. :bong:

They are in pots, so if they stink too much I'll bung them in my tent.

Cheers! 

5 people like this

13 hours ago, AKPOG said:

The buds are mentally dense, and I am paranoid of bud rot. The purple is coming on strong on a daily basis & I wouldn't be surprised if all leaves are purple come harvest :boxing:

Be vigilant mate that's all you can do. Periodic checks, lots of air movement and you should be good ;)

Definitely a special pheno my friend  ;)

As I said I've seen maybe 3 or 4 plants out of 500+ grown with this beautiful purple colouring. Through back tracking the parentage I'm confident this is a "Sour Dubb" leaning phenotype  :bong:

This is going to be interesting as harvest gets closer  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

4 people like this

How's she looking now mate, must be well purpled up by now? :) 

3 people like this

On 06/09/2018 at 11:28 PM, unity said:

How's she looking now mate, must be well purpled up by now? :) 

Still looking like 'another 7 days to go' mate, very purple & because I've only been giving her water for several weeks I can see yellowing on some of the bud leaves & across the plant.

She does have a nice spread of trichomes over her though, which are mainly on the buds, so I'm looking forward to skinning her up once cooked. 

I do just want her to finish now though,  to be honest, as she's the only one left & going on 87 days or more now I think. 

:bong:

4 people like this

Hi @unity , some extra photos just for you as you've shown some interest :yinyang: 

And of course for you too @Dinafem-Mark, as without you I wouldn't have had the opportunity to test drive this awesome strain! I still have two more seeds to pop, so they'll be going in next year.

Day 87 & I'm pretty sure that this really is the final 7 days she has left! As I think she's coming down next weekend regardless, as her trichomes are cloudy, with about 5 or 10% amber, assuming they aren't damaged trichs from my hand fistedness :chains:

The photos don't do her much justice, but most of the largest colas are around a 330ml coke can in diameter & she's a beauty in person :hippy:

Here goes.......

large.IMAG1148_1.jpglarge.IMAG1143_1.jpglarge.IMAG1142_1.jpglarge.IMAG1141_1.jpglarge.IMAG1138_1.jpglarge.IMAG1135_1.jpglarge.IMAG1134_1.jpglarge.IMAG1130_1.jpglarge.IMAG1129_1.jpg

Not exactly COTC photos, but if you were here up close, you might have a differing opinion, as these are fat, juicy, fruity smelling buds (in fact there are aroma elements of one of the best blueberry strains I've grown!) :skin_up:

I have no doubt that the smoke will be incredible!  This pheno is a keeper & in for the long haul :bong:

10 people like this

OK, I wish I could run a competition on a guess the dried yield of this beauty!

But sadly, the only prize I can offer is my utmost respect & to hypothetically crown the winner as my personal highest rated cannabis guru of 2018. It will be the member that guesses closest to the dried weight in grammes.:king:

I hope this is enough of an incentive for you to provide your educated guess (only one guess per member please, to keep it tidy & fair).

So come on in & guess the yield my friends :oldtoker:

Disclaimer: There are no physical prizes, this is just a bit of fun for my diary. :yep: 

4 people like this

V nice bro, she's purpling up sweet, I can only imagine how nice the smells must be by now.  I'd agree she does look fairly well cooked now, I wouldn't expect that much change over the last few days.  Awesum stroke of luck on the genome dice roll there bro, can't say I'm not just a lil envious :)

3 people like this

4 hours ago, AKPOG said:

Not exactly COTC photos,

Don't put yourself down mate, the pictures are great and I must say she really is outstanding  :yep:

We had a chat around the office and came to an agreement that this is special. 1/100 maybe 1/200 seeds displayed this trait. Keep cuts if you can my friend and as always thank you for the diary update. 

Time to get that flush going, your scissors at the ready as harvest approaches fast ;)

Until next time mate  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

5 people like this

Thanks guys, yes indeed I feel blessed with this pheno :oldtoker:

I have kept a mum & will be flowering her next cycle, before my winter break, so I have plenty to turn into pain relief medicine. After I've taken a cut for a next gen mum if course.

I've also got a cut flowering nicely now in my garden, which is my very first garden grow  :guitar:  I'll post some pics when they start looking exciting :naughty:

4 people like this

On 09/09/2018 at 1:05 PM, AKPOG said:

OK, I wish I could run a competition on a guess the dried yield of this beauty!

But sadly, the only prize I can offer is my utmost respect & to hypothetically crown the winner as my personal highest rated cannabis guru of 2018. It will be the member that guesses closest to the dried weight in grammes.:king:

I hope this is enough of an incentive for you to provide your educated guess (only one guess per member please, to keep it tidy & fair).

So come on in & guess the yield my friends :oldtoker:

Disclaimer: There are no physical prizes, this is just a bit of fun for my diary. :yep: 

How about if we put a prize up, say a 5 seed pack of Gorilla for the closest guess?

Get it going brother, I'll sort the prize out  :yep:

I'll take a guess but of course won't be entered lol

I'm going with 87.89g ;)

All the best 

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
2 people like this

She is a lovely looking plant and i hope you got at least 4oz off her.

It looks more to me so ill guess at 135g

Will be interested in a smoke report as never tried gorilla anything.

4 people like this

@Dinafem-Mark great idea mate...nice one :)

@Beardedbadger I've just finished a grow if this strain, it's a real nice one, I'll certainly be doing it again sometime.  Mine are still i the curing jars, as they've only been down a week or two, but already there's some real niceness coming out.  And this was from a grow in the middle of a heatwave - I think it'd be really nice if conditions were kept better.

I'm going to go in @ 103.24g.  The 0.24 is your extra leaf bud :)

4 people like this

75.5 grams, congrats  on the pheno 1 out of 100 or 200 seeds....wow what a find.  happy harvesting and enjoy. no worries mate my photo skills suck too. cant wait for the smoke report have a pack of these ready to go.

:skin_up:

sam

3 people like this

@AKPOGcongrats on finding that rare purple pheno dude, it looks amazing.

My guess is 3.5oz which is 98g (I already have a pack of Gorilla seeds on the way so if I win I will donate them to the next best guess).

Edited by Smokebelch
3 people like this

107 grams

2 people like this