Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sylvestorstillstoned

Guerilla Growing

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, first time grower here. I’ve got myself some outdoor seeds suitable for the climate in my area (west yorks) but don’t know whether i should get some cuttings from these seeds before planting them in the ground. would it benefit my plants or will it disturb them as they’ll be going from being grown inside to then placed outside.. i want the best for these plants and i’m really keen on seeing the outcome if grown properly. i have two strains; Frisian Dew & Purple Maroc - both reccommended to survive harsh conditions. 

Is there anything else i should know before putting these little guys in the ground? 

Edited by sylvestorstillstoned

3 minutes ago, sylvestorstillstoned said:

Hi guys, first time grower here. I’ve got myself some outdoor seeds suitable for the climate in my area (west yorks) but don’t know whether i should get some cuttings from these seeds before planting them in the ground. would it benefit my plants or will it disturb them as they’ll be going from being grown inside to then placed outside.. i want the best for these plants and i’m really keen on seeing the outcome if grown properly. i have two strains; Frisian Dew & Purple Maroc - both reccommended to survive harsh conditions. 

Is there anything else i should know before putting these little guys in the ground? 

Taking  cuttings obviously gives you more chance of pulling off a crop as you have more plants. I'm no wxpert so can't advise on what's best to do,but I will follow this topic as I'll be taking cuttings from my photos and planting them on too. First time growing so a lot to take in but this forum is a goldmine. Atb

1 person likes this

Hi mate. I would just pop them, grow them for 3-4 weeks indoors if poss, then acclimatise them to the outdoors for the last week and plant them out. At this stage people are planting out so your ladies are already a month behind where they could be. No biggie but i would be thinking along the lines of getting them out as soon as poss really. You want to them to get as big as poss before they flower. Once they are 3-4 weeks old, taking a cut would stunt them imo..

Nice choice of strains though! Especially for a first timer. Im going to be putting some frisians out in a second wave, behind my rgsc strains and passion #1. Ill be popping them at the weekend, so same sort of time as you. Theres still plenty of time left. People plant up until june/july, but the earlier you can get them established the better

2 people like this

On 29/04/2018 at 5:16 PM, sylvestorstillstoned said:

Ayup. the times ive taken cuts from seed plants and then put the seed plants out to grow its encouraged disease later in the year to the areas where the cuttings were taken.

I would say if you are using your complete seed plant for cuttings and then putting the cuts out they should be fine at least this is what ive found to be ok.

Ive also found if i plant out too early that the plants get too large and dont finish any earlier than later plantings and yield was more or less the same but the later plantings being much healthier.

Obviously every plot is different and zonal regions differ.:skin_up:

1 person likes this

Looks like i’m back lol. Bumped into a few problems with my outdoor seeds. My light has broke & one of the seedlings has died. One has snapped at the stem but is still attached. Even worse, my window sills don’t get enough view of light for me to put the seedlings there. Circumstances are also creating obstacles to growing my seedlings indoors until they’re hardy enough to go outside. My setup isn’t great but i still have some seedlings quite healthy. Need any help or advice i can get lol. cheers

1 person likes this

My indoor set up is pretty jankro tbh. Its just a 125w blue envirolight, the cheapest reflector available and a long tray to hold the pots. This is just in a cupboard with the window open a crack. And i also have one of those tall tower fans on its side to help strengthen the stems via a bit of man made wind. I dont even have an extractor fan! At this time of year you could even put them in a proporgator and put them outside ifindoors is an issue. Where there's a will there's a way!

2 people like this

Everything you need to know for starting guerrilla plants indoors

1 person likes this