Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hindu Kush Dude

Needs Must ~ Serious Protection Required

16 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.....how's it 'growin'?

Much to my dismay - I lost one of my HK AutoFem girls today! 

My greenhouse is mastic sealed, inside and out....this is the first time that I have encountered any of our 'slimey' friends (this dude must have been some kind of stealth ninja Snail)

I found him this morning....chillin' just inside one of my gardening gloves. I carefully relocated the little warrior to the other end of the garden and left him to it. (Last seen heading into the long grass....but I can't blame him - house on his back and a head full of THC, I'd do exactly the same). Good luck to him, but now it's time to protect the girls. Copuios amounts of copper foil and chicken wire - all's looking well and I'll see how they are in the morning. A quick squirt of nutes on the leaves and they're smelling great - probably grateful of the added security lol. 

More to follow. 

Happy Growing  

large.IMG_0098.jpg

11 people like this

i will be using the same copper tape on mine mate .... tested it last year by putting a snail on the side of the pot ... it crawled up ...hit the tape  and turned  around .... happy days ....

5 people like this

see that tape, put it around the perimeter of the table also, first line of defence lol... but seriously I use the same tape on my raised vegetable beds, I attached it to the sides, never had a problem since,

Failing that slam them from the arse with your foot and they projectile vomit inside out hehe.. that tells them

4 people like this

What strains you got growing there bud? 

1 person likes this

Place soil within 1 inch of 1st set of leaves and they'll stand up alone.
In time, roots will grow along the buried stem like a clone would.

Edited by corky1968
2 people like this

7 hours ago, vortex said:

i will be using the same copper tape on mine mate .... tested it last year by putting a snail on the side of the pot ... it crawled up ...hit the tape  and turned  around .... happy days ....

Yeah man....good stuff and works nicely. I added the wire as a secondary deterrent. I don't want to hurt the little fellas - I'd just rather they had lunch elsewhere!

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Swgorilla said:

What strains you got growing there bud? 

Hindu Kush, as always mate. These are the first crop for this year and thought I'd give the Auto Fems a go. I'll be starting the Regs indoors under lights soon.

7 hours ago, tokenroll said:

see that tape, put it around the perimeter of the table also, first line of defence lol... but seriously I use the same tape on my raised vegetable beds, I attached it to the sides, never had a problem since,

Failing that slam them from the arse with your foot and they projectile vomit inside out hehe.. that tells them

Yeah - I might get some more for the table edge...nice idea, thanks (why not, when they're £1 for 5m in Poundland) 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, corky1968 said:

Place soil within 1 inch of 1st set of leaves and they'll stand up alone.
In time, roots will grow along the buried stem like a clone would.

Yeah - will be doing thanks bud. I usually just go an inch below the primary leaves...is that right? Or should it be an inch below the first 'true' leaves? Many thanks.

Ive experimented with copper tape and found it doesnt always work, I suppose it depends on the tenacity of your test subject, and is also more/less effective depending what material its attached to  (plant pot) and how far apart the copper and material is on the triboelectric scale.

Running a current through 2 strips of copper etc does work extremely well though and is very simple. Around 3-3.5v wont kill them but works a treat.

large.20170512_150455.JPGlarge.20170513_101800.JPG

As you can see the copper tape is still attached from the year before, i lost every plant bar a couple that year to slugs/snails

3 people like this

@Hindu Kush Dude Out of interest when did you start these? They look very similar to how mine look. Mine were germinated around 5/6th April.. Luckily I never seem to get slugs or snails in my greenhouse. Dunno why! 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Gorillaman283 said:

@Hindu Kush Dude Out of interest when did you start these? They look very similar to how mine look. Mine were germinated around 5/6th April.. Luckily I never seem to get slugs or snails in my greenhouse. Dunno why! 

@Gorillaman283 Yeah man - pretty much the same time only I'm a few days ahead (germed 1st of April) They're autos so light isn't too much of an issue, but the warm spell we had recently really seemed to help. Starting to build the growdrobe today and get the LED's ordered for my regs crop. I don't normally have issues with slugs / snails, so have been taking the pots inside overnight - just to be sure. Good luck with your crop (what are you growing?)

1 person likes this

@Hindu Kush Dude I'm doing killer kush auto from sweet seeds. Never done autos before so interesting to see what's going on with yours as they've been done at same time. When you said light is less of an issue what did you mean? I'm going to get my regs going in June. Doing Green Poison fast version and don't want them to get too big in my greenhouse. Did them last year and they were ideal. What's your regs you're doing? 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Gorillaman283 said:

@Hindu Kush Dude I'm doing killer kush auto from sweet seeds. Never done autos before so interesting to see what's going on with yours as they've been done at same time. When you said light is less of an issue what did you mean? I'm going to get my regs going in June. Doing Green Poison fast version and don't want them to get too big in my greenhouse. Did them last year and they were ideal. What's your regs you're doing? 

@Gorillaman283 - yeah, the light with Autos is not as important as with Photos. The flowering time has nothing to do with the amount of light. They still need as much as you can give em - but they start flowering automatically at a certain stage (that's why you can't take cuttings from Auto's - when planted, it would be the same age as the mother plant) - it'll be good to see how yours go, as this is my 1st with Auto's too. My regs are pretty much always Hindu Kush (the original anxiety / stress remedy) I love the fact that the strain is so old and has been used widely in the Himalayan regions for such a long time.

Edited by Hindu Kush Dude
Typo

16 hours ago, uberowl said:

Ive experimented with copper tape and found it doesnt always work, I suppose it depends on the tenacity of your test subject, and is also more/less effective depending what material its attached to  (plant pot) and how far apart the copper and material is on the triboelectric scale.

Running a current through 2 strips of copper etc does work extremely well though and is very simple. Around 3-3.5v wont kill them but works a treat.

large.20170512_150455.JPGlarge.20170513_101800.JPG

As you can see the copper tape is still attached from the year before, i lost every plant bar a couple that year to slugs/snails

@uberowl Nice! Thanks for the info - I might give it a go.

1 person likes this