Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

highlo

Hempy bucket size

Hi everyone I've been thinking about trying out Hempy buckets on my next grow after seeing how straight forward it is and seems easier than active hydro , going to be using fytocell and perlite in the rest, I'm using a 1m x 1m x 2 m tent with 600w mh in veg and hps for flowering, so far I've always grew 4 plants but I feel this is too crowded so wanting to do 3 good sized plants. Can anyone recommend a good size bucket for using, I was thinking  15l or 20l

1 person likes this

15 litre bucket. make the res hold about 3 litres and of you go. I only use clay pebbles in the res and straight coco on top. Works a treat.

3 people like this

If you asked Hempy he would tell you 8 litre or 2 gallons. He would then go on to explain that anything other than what he says is wrong. Then he would be off to smoke some Thia lol.

1 person likes this

I have never seen the need to go over 10 ltr of coco with a hempy just make sure the hole is 1/8dia and two inched up from bottom, I use straight coco on clay balls at bottom.. You could consider rsmaller pots and a few more plants if you like variety .:oldtoker:

2 people like this

I've only done the 3 grows but they have been in hempy's, 7/16 th's  for the hole .  Same set up as you mate 1x1x2m  600w   I had 4 in the tent (4x12l) too much

Last grow I done 2 x 12l  I'd say they had 10l of media in, lot easier to handle after topping twice, keeping them relatively low. I could get away with watering every other day in mid flower if I wanted. 

What I'd say though is, yer bucket or container is best with parallel sides, my first grow was with a fairly tapered bucket...they were easy to knock/fall over and haven't got as big a rez

Got to be one of the simplest methods out there, especially with one part nutes:yep:

2 people like this

Thanks very much guys I'll pick up 3 15l buckets and see how it goes, I have considered doing just 2 and growing them big , what sort of yeild did you get when you done it with 4 vs 2 @sroporilshoot

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've managed to find 14l buckets at a big chain diy store for 98p each, if anyone's looking for any there going cheap lol

Edited by highlo
1 person likes this

You can yield as much with one plant all down to veg time, pot size, training, light and environment.

2 people like this

That is true I know that all factors play there role, I'm hoping to keep things simple this time though without much training, maybe tuck a few leaves but no cutting unless I have to, I've scrogged a single plant and it worked well but veg time was insane 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@highlo Hello mate...When I had the 4 plants in, one of which didn't yield much (stunted) I ended up with 15oz.  This last time with the 2 plants I got just over 13 oz after a 50 day veg. so mebs 15% less but 99% less hassle lol  I was gonna do the single  plant but a power cut 3 weeks in fkd it up.

I'm thinking this next time 3 could be a lucky number.  Keeping them shortish didn't half make it a lot easier:yep:

Cheers ATB

Edited by sroporilshoot
2 people like this

Thanks man id be very happy if I could get those results with that time, I think I've been over vegging them as well, I usually let the plant have 2 months veg after the seedling stage so about 2.5 months from seed cracking then switch and that's with 4 plants lol no wonder they didn't reach potential it was a jungle sometimes lol

1 person likes this

Your right there man, where the light doesn't get to isn't gonna do much growing. After the 2.5 months above ground I bet  you were glad when the stretch finished lol

Next time I'm gonna be doing some defoliation, I'm sure it'll up the quality a piece. 

For anyone just doing 2-3 plants hempy's are spot on.

Cheers 

2 people like this

Don't even talk about stretch lol some of them had grown into the light and I had my parabolic rope hangers disconnected and tied the flat square top of it to the bar directly for extra height lol, defoliation would definitely be good to master, I tried before but it slowed them right down and never really recovered , I must've just chopped a bit too much off I reckon, too luck with yours mate

1 person likes this