Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dweeeb

Back at it

Howdy!!

its been too long since I’ve visted Uk420 and thought I’d dive straight back in. I went through selling my house for (far too long) and had to shut things down. 

Since no ones buying my hovel I’m setting up my grow room cause I’ve spent a small fortune on dealer bud for the last how-ever-long and even though the quality has dramatically risen, and the quantity is getting better (more readily available is my guess) is still rather keep the dosh in My possession. 

So ive opted for 3 VIP Northern Delights, and 3 Kera Classic Dutch Power, through Herbies (obviously) so also got the free Delicious sugar black rose to have a go of. 

Has anyone ever grew these before?? Tried a search but couldn’t really filter the posts out so links would be appreciated. 

Thanks guys. 

:v:

3 people like this

So I’ve made the necessary modifications to my grow space, I’m thinking of adding more passive intake and extending the extract because I’m pushing temps above 35 :wallbash:

but ive opted to use a 300w CFL dual spec on my own vertical assembly in the centre and my trusty 150w dual spec hps overhead. I’ve got a small fan blowing at the lamps and a short tower fan blowing the air around in the space which is 800x650x1100 with 4inch extract and filter so maybe all that kit is what’s pushing temps?? Ballast and plugs are outside the room too so think I may have to settle with just one lamp. 

Possibly use the cfl for veg and the hps to flower?? And then build a small veg box to shorten the cycles a bit :yep:

going to to try and get some snaps up show you what’s happening. I better be quick as I started to germ 2 Dutch passion yesterday. 

Welcome back from your break :)

Try searching the site using google by putting site:uk420.com at the end of your query, so it would be like this "VIP Northern Delights site:uk420.com" (without the quotation marks).

With your heat issue it probably is a case of the 4" can't cope with both lamps in this nice weather we've been having. CFL's don't kick out as much heat as an HPS but it's still not nothing. What size are your passive intakes? As long as you keep negative pressure it wouldn't hurt to increase the airflow.

Good luck with your grow. Which Dutch Passion strains are you growing?

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Fry said:

Welcome back from your break :)

Try searching the site using google by putting site:uk420.com at the end of your query, so it would be like this "VIP Northern Delights site:uk420.com" (without the quotation marks).

With your heat issue it probably is a case of the 4" can't cope with both lamps in this nice weather we've been having. CFL's don't kick out as much heat as an HPS but it's still not nothing. What size are your passive intakes? As long as you keep negative pressure it wouldn't hurt to increase the airflow.

Good luck with your grow. Which Dutch Passion strains are you growing?

:yinyang:

Thanks mate. :v: Good to be back. 

It’s Kera Classic Dutch Power. Different breeder I think (cheaper seeds lol ) wanting to test the new adjustments to grow room. Get it just right then splash out on better seeds. I think they’re pretty hearty plants from reviews I’ve read off different seed sites so hopefully it’ll go smoothly. 

Ive added in some extra passive intake. To match my extract and I’m going to lengthen the vent duct when I get the funds to buy more duct, or some other DIY alternative lol 

ive also had to buy a new fan as my little fan had packed  in anyway, which I’m thinking could of been the reason temps were high. And gone for a 7 inch oso-movey-Sidney-Sidney ones from Argos £13ish and seems well made. :yep: 

ive potted up my seeds tonight as the tap roots were well on thier way. They’ll probably come up with hats on but that’s not to difficult to solve. 

Wont be doing a diary as such might pop in now and then with updates but this is me going back to basics and trying to get it to some sort of a cycle :yinyang: 

1 person likes this

So with a bit jiggery pokery I’ve managed to get my temps down to 28 so I’m just settling on using the CFl for now I may set a odd cycle up with the HPS popping on for an hour or so a day to try and boost it but it’s not going to be essential. 

Part of my plan is to have the lights  out during midday when it’s hottest and I’m out anyway so can’t play with them and on through the night to combat any chill. Problem solved lol (we’ll see) 

1 person likes this