Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bud Wiser

Sounds like breakfast ..

52 posts in this topic

Three of my favourite things .. outdoor, grapefruit, critical, and females .. sorry four.

large.FS-packaging.jpg

I've dunked 5 of each .. I'll select the best of each strain for my home garden, the rest will have to slum it out in the countryside somewhere ....

large.Startup-2nd-wave.jpg

Excuse the group pic, I've lots to do.

I have autos on the left, the Female Seeds Photos are on the right ..

Out of 10 seeds, 9 popped evenly, that's at the same time .. consistency excellent so far.

One didn't even crack, scarifying might have helped .. one you lose, a 90% germ rate is excellent.

I'll update as things get interesting and I can separate the individual grows and my plans for them.

12 people like this

13 hours ago, Bud Wiser said:

Three of my favourite things .. outdoor, grapefruit, critical, and females .. sorry four.

large.FS-packaging.jpg

I've dunked 5 of each .. I'll select the best of each strain for my home garden, the rest will have to slum it out in the countryside somewhere ....

large.Startup-2nd-wave.jpg

Excuse the group pic, I've lots to do.

I have autos on the left, the Female Seeds Photos are on the right ..

Out of 10 seeds, 9 popped evenly, that's at the same time .. consistency excellent so far.

One didn't even crack, scarifying might have helped .. one you lose, a 90% germ rate is excellent.

I'll update as things get interesting and I can separate the individual grows and my plans for them.

Hee BW!

Firstly thank you for documenting this new adventure on UK420, much appreciated ;)

Secondly, you have a lovely selection down there, pretty sure we all are going to enjoy this ride!

Sorry to hear about that single one that did not germinate, but still, as you say, 90% is good indeed.

Thanks once more for starting the thread so fast :D

Take care,
Mr B.

2 people like this

Approximately 2 weeks in ...

Critical Sour:

large.C-Sour-2wks.jpg

As with all my germinations, I start the beans off in a mild Growth Technology Formulex solution at half-strength for 24 hrs.

I then paper-towel for another 24 hrs, until I've got about 1cm of tap root showing.

The potting compost I use is Wilco Seed & Cutting compost, and I add perlite to about 30% volume to increase aeration.

Once the seedlings have emerged, I start using a Formulex solution at full strength with Growth Technology Green Fuse (root stimulator) and place them under 24hr flourescent lighting for about a week, then up the feed to low-strength GreenLeaf MegaCrop with seaweed extract and more root stimulator.

large.FemaleSeeds-2wks.jpg

Ignore the middle row, they're autos .. the back row are the 5 Critical Sours and the front row, the 4 Outdoor Grapefruits.

They got re-housed in larger pots today, another week under lights then they'll be moved out into the greenhouse, maybe sooner.

The best will get the home garden ...

large.8yr-old-vintage-horseshit!.jpg

Prepped last winter after the end of the summer grow with vintage horse-poo, bonemeal, fishbone & blood, chicken manure and garden lime, then mulched. One of each strain will go here, the remainder will be guerilla-farmed.

:yep:

9 people like this

Good work man!

Nice to see plants not fully stretched out to fuck from seed... and proper potted up!
Clean and tidy Groom too... girls looking healthy good! 

Where are you? UK?  I'll pray to the sun gods for you! 

Good luck man.. I'm extremely interested in this grow as I'm running the indoor version of Grapefruit.. and I wanna see what the Critical Sour is all about. 

Bless

2 people like this

@Bud Wiser

Plants looking healthy mate.

Wish I had a garden I could grow in, loving that bed in there :yep:

What Lat you at mate. 

Will be keeping an eye on this, good luck 

1 person likes this

On 5/1/2018 at 10:10 PM, Bud Wiser said:

Approximately 2 weeks in ...

Critical Sour:

large.C-Sour-2wks.jpg

As with all my germinations, I start the beans off in a mild Growth Technology Formulex solution at half-strength for 24 hrs.

I then paper-towel for another 24 hrs, until I've got about 1cm of tap root showing.

The potting compost I use is Wilco Seed & Cutting compost, and I add perlite to about 30% volume to increase aeration.

Once the seedlings have emerged, I start using a Formulex solution at full strength with Growth Technology Green Fuse (root stimulator) and place them under 24hr flourescent lighting for about a week, then up the feed to low-strength GreenLeaf MegaCrop with seaweed extract and more root stimulator.

large.FemaleSeeds-2wks.jpg

Ignore the middle row, they're autos .. the back row are the 5 Critical Sours and the front row, the 4 Outdoor Grapefruits.

They got re-housed in larger pots today, another week under lights then they'll be moved out into the greenhouse, maybe sooner.

The best will get the home garden ...

large.8yr-old-vintage-horseshit!.jpg

Prepped last winter after the end of the summer grow with vintage horse-poo, bonemeal, fishbone & blood, chicken manure and garden lime, then mulched. One of each strain will go here, the remainder will be guerilla-farmed.

Nice bed BW, looks like a great spot :yep::) that must have taken some effort! 

And ladies are looking lush, green and healthy, great job with the potting compost and the feedings!

Keep up the good work and cheers to this beautiful beginning!

All the best,
Mr B.

2 people like this

Well, sooner came sooner than I thought! ...

I'm at latitude 52.5 .. daylight hours exceeded 15 hrs today, so (as they were going nuts under 24hr flouros) it was time to introduce them to the greenhouse.

They're loving it. Time for some stretch now, as I want to start topping around the five-node growth mark.

large.FS-greenhse-4thMay.jpg

We're in for some nice weather here in the UK this coming weekend and beyond .. won't last, it never does!

Not complaining mind, just have to work with what I'm given.

I'm looking at the middle back row and 2nd from right front row atm ... they'll get re-potted again in larger pots before going in the ground, build up a nice-sized root-ball and wait for the weather to get better, June's always the 'starter' month where summer's concerned .. May just teases you, gives you a little bit then removes it for a fortnight. The rest will have to stay in their current accommodation until I can get them planted out .. he he, I tried lugging a few plants in 7.5 litre pots out to one of my plots, never again. I'm a novice, guerilla-speaking, you may have just guessed.

:oldtoker:

4 people like this

Nice growing, the tlc is clear to see in your pics as usual Bud. Enjoyed your grow last year, but gotta say i have more of vested interest in what you manage to achieve with your optimum grow with these beans... So yip, got my eye on you again Bud-dy :yep: 

2 people like this

On 05/05/2018 at 2:17 PM, inbetween said:

Nice growing, the tlc is clear to see in your pics as usual Bud. Enjoyed your grow last year, but gotta say i have more of vested interest in what you manage to achieve with your optimum grow with these beans... So yip, got my eye on you again Bud-dy :yep: 

Thank you dude .. every year you layer-on more experience and research, if you're serious about growing weed. :yep:

2 people like this

A fantastic weekend of sunshine .. what a difference a few days can make.

large.FS-Grp-May7th.jpg

I've selected the best of each strain ... I'm re-potting these again, 'layering' the mycorrhizal inoculant to try and build the densest rootball I can ...

I size-up the replant hole using the existing pot ...

large.FS-pot-up-myco-1.jpg

Pack down the medium, slide the container out, add inoculant to cover all sides ... maximum root contact works best ...

large.FS-pot-up-myco-2.jpg

I'll give these another week or more to build roots out to the container sides, then plant out in the ground.

With more mycorrhizal inoculant added to the plant-out.

large.FS-pot-up-myco-3.jpg

These are my chosen ones. May they enjoy the luxury accommodation they're about to receive. :george:

9 people like this

Planted out the remaining magnificent seven today ...

large.FS-guerilla.jpg

I know, there's only six, but there weren't enough seats at the photographic table ...

3 x Outdoor Grapefruit, 4 x Critical Sour ... my first guerilla grow, wish me luck. :yinyang:

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Another week, both home-growns have been topped .. he he, to little longitudinal effect!

A few more days, then they both go in the ground ...

large.OutGrapefrt-May15.jpglarge.CrSour-May15.jpg

Those main stems are getting really thick and strong, although I'm gonna have to do something with this Critical Sour, I think I've got the Jack's-fucking-Beanstalk pheno with this one!

Edited by Bud Wiser
5 people like this

On 5/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, Bud Wiser said:

Planted out the remaining magnificent seven today ...

large.FS-guerilla.jpg

I know, there's only six, but there weren't enough seats at the photographic table ...

3 x Outdoor Grapefruit, 4 x Critical Sour ... my first guerilla grow, wish me luck. :yinyang:

Outside already? Niiice BW, I am going to enjoy this so much! :D

On 5/15/2018 at 7:40 PM, Bud Wiser said:

Another week, both home-growns have been topped .. he he, to little longitudinal effect!

A few more days, then they both go in the ground ...

large.OutGrapefrt-May15.jpglarge.CrSour-May15.jpg

Those main stems are getting really thick and strong, although I'm gonna have to do something with this Critical Sour, I think I've got the Jack's-fucking-Beanstalk pheno with this one!

Nice that you topped them, I am curious to see how they'll react now. I really like the Critical Sour already, seems she is having a good time there ;)

Apparently this lovely sun is lasting isn't it? Here in The Netherlands we are also having quite some nice weather lately...I just brought my plants outdoor too, I sincerely hope I won't regret this :unsure:

Thanks for the continuos update BW, much appreciated. I am really glad to see such healthy plants.

Take care and until next update!
Mr B.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Female Seeds Team said:

Outside already? Niiice BW, I am going to enjoy this so much! :D
Nice that you topped them, I am curious to see how they'll react now. I really like the Critical Sour already, seems she is having a good time there ;)

Apparently this lovely sun is lasting isn't it? Here in The Netherlands we are also having quite some nice weather lately...I just brought my plants outdoor too, I sincerely hope I won't regret this :unsure:

Thanks for the continuous update BW, much appreciated. I am really glad to see such healthy plants.
Take care and until next update!
Mr B.

I was curious too .. I was a bit unsure at first, but now I'm happy ... my two showgirls went into the soil today, and I think you're right, this decent weather does look set to last a while, hell it's supposed to be summer ffs, and the plants are much hardier than people think, I've seen friend's plants in Canada under snow and still surviving!

large.OutGrpfrt-ground-May17.jpglarge.CrSour-ground-May17.jpg

Lots of nice side branching coming on now, especially the Outdoor Grapefruit.

They've both had the Royal treatment, being as there's a wedding goin' on :) ... top-of-the-range mycohorrzial and bacterial inoculants, soil that was prepped last autumn with everything I could think of, and a healthy childhood.

Now it's all up to the sun god in the sky. All I need to do is water now and again. And fuss!

The garden still has one slot left .. I have 3 beauties that are difficult to chose from .. if only all of life's problems were like this, eh?

large.Homegarden-nearly-full-May17.jpg

I'm putting my four photoperiods in the 'corners' .. I've slipped 3 autos inbetween, they'll be done by mid-end July, the Female Seeds strains are sandwiching an auto on the left side.

The bushy one on the right's a DP Passion #1 .. I've had her going since Feb, I'm going to topiary her into a giant football, hopefully in time for the World Cup! ;)

This is the greenhouse today ... you just can't have too many, can you?

large.Greenhouse2018-May17.jpg

A lot of autos .. about 11 strains I think.

Happy days.

9 people like this

Great stuff Bud, only just fount this thread and it's looking great already.  Your greenhouse is seriously full of plants, I'm quite jealous.  Time to go pop some new seeds me thinks...

Will be following this one. All the best...

1 person likes this