Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

smokie1 b c f c

what new strains are you growing this year. indoors, and outdoors

45 posts in this topic

After loosing my home last year, and loosing my 15 mother plants in the process, this new year in a new home is all about the new!

With such a large stash of seeds I have decided to take a different approach to running and selecting. I am starting a run with 100 seedlings, then culling roughly half in early veg. Then culling half again before final pot up for flower. Leaving about 25 plants that are the cream of the crop in terms of structure and vigour. Once they have past the structure and vigour selection, only THEN will they get a chance to show what they're like as a flowering plant and a finished product.

Now I KNOW that one of the stragglers in early veg could potentially have been 'the one', and I know that a weak, sensitive plant can turn out to be the most bomb smoke imaginable. But frankly, if I'm searching for 'the ultimate', then structure and vigour are on that list, so doesn't matter how good the end result, is if you have to nurse it all the time it's not a winner. I also think I have a far better chance of finding 'the one' by soaking every seed I have. Sure I may chuck it in veg, but the alternative is it never gets selected from my seed tub and dies, old and dried out in it's shell, never even having a chance. So with that in mind. This is what I've been up to this year:

First run of the year was a small one with a bunch of fems I'd given to a friend as they wanted to start growing, but they just left them veg in half litre pots for 4 months... So he gave them back to me when I got set up again:

Dirty Water Organics - Pink Monstar - half of the 6 showed purpling. One very pink, one a dark violet. And the proper way round, colourful bud, green leaves. Potent for a purp.

Dirty Water Organics - Guava Jelly Kookies - typical Guava HP, Chem & Afghan style plants. Very nice, but not impressive/unique enough to keep anything.

Second run was mostly my own stuff, looking for lost mothers and finding new fathers. 30 seeds from each of my own and 10 PF, but with the ruthless selection process only 10 girls made the cut to flower:
Me - Smile x Road Kill Unicorn - looking for my Trusty Smile mother. I found it :george:. Plus some other mixed gems

- Chem Chunk (Chem '91 BXII (Afghan dom) x Skunky Deez (MotaRebel) - Chunk by name, Chunk by nature! Looking to continue the line, picked 1 girl and 4 studs.

- Triangle Kush Cookies x unknown - Unknown pollen donor, 4 possible candidates. 1 keeper female and 3 amazing males found.

Dynasty - Pineapple Fields (Kalishnapple x Ms Universe #10) - Stella mix pheno girl, and a monster Kali dom male found.

Third run is all a bit mish-mash... I got real busy and things got neglected. This lot should have been flowering weeks ago, some are well progressed and ready, but others are still in their original pots! The selection process has seen the 100 starting plants (all 10 seed packs) whittled down to about 25 currently.
Farmer Joe - Black Rose f11

Danksy - Agent Orange x Dosido

- Guava x i95

Stray Fox - Stevie Nicks (Purpleskirt x Fantasy Island)

Tuff Nutt - Blue Amnesia (Sour Amnesia x Blueberry BX)

Catfish Billy - Blue Lime Pie x PlatD

- Pieface x PlatD

Karma - Miley 61 x Biker

Tomba - GT'91 (Golden Ticket x Chem '91)

Me - Smellyberry f2 - got 2 girls and 4 guys ready for the f3

And finally, the shortlist for the final run:

Jaws - Cheesy Meds (Cheese #1 x Cherry AK) - (testers, already soaked)

Bodhi - Terpenado (Strawberry Milk x Wookie)

Seed Junky - LA Kush Cake (Kush Mints x Wedding Cake)

Karma - Cookie Crash LTD (Animal Cookies x Biker)

Tuff Nutt - Chocolate Thai x Gas Chamber 

- ECSD x Tripple Choc Chip

- Scooby Snacks x Death by Chocolate

Danksy - Berry White x LVRK

TGA - Double Purple Doja (Sputnik #1 x Black Russian)

Motz - Mazar-i-Shariff

Reservoir - SSSDH s1

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, wotnwhy said:

After loosing my home last year, and loosing my 15 mother plants in the process, this new year in a new home is all about the new!

With such a large stash of seeds I have decided to take a different approach to running and selecting. I am starting a run with 100 seedlings, then culling roughly half in early veg. Then culling half again before final pot up for flower. Leaving about 25 plants that are the cream of the crop in terms of structure and vigour. Once they have past the structure and vigour selection, only THEN will they get a chance to show what they're like as a flowering plant and a finished product.

Now I KNOW that one of the stragglers in early veg could potentially have been 'the one', and I know that a weak, sensitive plant can turn out to be the most bomb smoke imaginable. But frankly, if I'm searching for 'the ultimate', then structure and vigour are on that list, so doesn't matter how good the end result, is if you have to nurse it all the time it's not a winner. I also think I have a far better chance of finding 'the one' by soaking every seed I have. Sure I may chuck it in veg, but the alternative is it never gets selected from my seed tub and dies, old and dried out in it's shell, never even having a chance. So with that in mind. This is what I've been up to this year:

First run of the year was a small one with a bunch of fems I'd given to a friend as they wanted to start growing, but they just left them veg in half litre pots for 4 months... So he gave them back to me when I got set up again:

Dirty Water Organics - Pink Monstar - half of the 6 showed purpling. One very pink, one a dark violet. And the proper way round, colourful bud, green leaves. Potent for a purp.

Dirty Water Organics - Guava Jelly Kookies - typical Guava HP, Chem & Afghan style plants. Very nice, but not impressive/unique enough to keep anything.

Second run was mostly my own stuff, looking for lost mothers and finding new fathers. 30 seeds from each of my own and 10 PF, but with the ruthless selection process only 10 girls made the cut to flower:
Me - Smile x Road Kill Unicorn - looking for my Trusty Smile mother. I found it :george:. Plus some other mixed gems

- Chem Chunk (Chem '91 BXII (Afghan dom) x Skunky Deez (MotaRebel) - Chunk by name, Chunk by nature! Looking to continue the line, picked 1 girl and 4 studs.

- Triangle Kush Cookies x unknown - Unknown pollen donor, 4 possible candidates. 1 keeper female and 3 amazing males found.

Dynasty - Pineapple Fields (Kalishnapple x Ms Universe #10) - Stella mix pheno girl, and a monster Kali dom male found.

Third run is all a bit mish-mash... I got real busy and things got neglected. This lot should have been flowering weeks ago, some are well progressed and ready, but others are still in their original pots! The selection process has seen the 100 starting plants (all 10 seed packs) whittled down to about 25 currently.
Farmer Joe - Black Rose f11

Danksy - Agent Orange x Dosido

- Guava x i95

Stray Fox - Stevie Nicks (Purpleskirt x Fantasy Island)

Tuff Nutt - Blue Amnesia (Sour Amnesia x Blueberry BX)

Catfish Billy - Blue Lime Pie x PlatD

- Pieface x PlatD

Karma - Miley 61 x Biker

Tomba - GT'91 (Golden Ticket x Chem '91)

Me - Smellyberry f2 - got 2 girls and 4 guys ready for the f3

And finally, the shortlist for the final run:

Jaws - Cheesy Meds (Cheese #1 x Cherry AK) - (testers, already soaked)

Bodhi - Terpenado (Strawberry Milk x Wookie)

Seed Junky - LA Kush Cake (Kush Mints x Wedding Cake)

Karma - Cookie Crash LTD (Animal Cookies x Biker)

Tuff Nutt - Chocolate Thai x Gas Chamber 

- ECSD x Tripple Choc Chip

- Scooby Snacks x Death by Chocolate

Danksy - Berry White x LVRK

TGA - Double Purple Doja (Sputnik #1 x Black Russian)

Motz - Mazar-i-Shariff

Reservoir - SSSDH s1

Nice collection you have their good luck:yep:

3 people like this

34 minutes ago, Dave 420 said:

Nice collection you have their good luck:yep:

Thankyou! Hopefully it will all be turned into a nice collection of mother plants by the end of the year!

Can't wait to see what comes out on top with all the new new stuff, and also to see how my own creations stack up ;)

3 people like this

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, amsterdammer said:

A bit of everything this year, current count up until today is 83 strains this year and about 20-30 still to go this year, been one of my largest simultaneous phenohunts.

Only surprise grow for me this year will be two new strains from Female Seeds, who asked me if I would be up for a test grow of their Dream Berry and Chem OG.
Nice to know I am still seen as a grower instead of only a breeder for ISM.

Have you started the Chem Og yet? I finding them pretty easy to grow, and 4 weeks into 12/12 looking promising for some chunky buds. 

Mad Elf:bong:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@amsterdammer, 100+ strains in a year?! :woot: And I though my 30+ was pushing things!

I will be running between 1 and 3 females from each strain, so I'll have a different smoke for every week of year :D

If you're doing similar, you'll have a different smoke for every day of the year! Do you have a method for assessing and choosing keepers, or just play it by ear? What have been your standouts so far this year?

Edited by wotnwhy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I’m currently flushing Dinafem PAK, Bubbas Gift and Purps#1. They’ll be replaced by DNA/RP holy grail Kush and Kandy Kush with are currently veging.

Next in line it’ll be TGA Subcool Vortex(Apollo 13xSpace Queen)

Then after that current plan is either Karmas Headbanger (Sour DxBiker Kush) or DNA 24k (Kosher Tangie)

With various Autos in the mix too

Edited by Rick Grimes
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rick Grimes said:

Next in line it’ll be TGA Subcool Vortex(Apollo 13xSpace Queen)

they all sound great, but the tga vortex is on my list, i run his jack the ripper n third dimension with some plushberry. the p/berry went pink but no real flavor in the girl i had anyhow. the 3/d and jtr was both banging strains, good yield of lemony/ orangey goodness. :oldtoker:

some nice vars on this thread so far, its getting to be a good thread in here, lots posting. cheers all. s1:yinyang:

23 hours ago, monkeypig said:

@Gojitangie  Sounds like it was a name made up by Brasseye

Beware the cake! That stuff will mess you up;)

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Gojitangie said:

Beware the cake! That stuff will mess you up;)

Pah - If you're really hardcore it's all about the clarkey cats

3 people like this

1 hour ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

they all sound great, but the tga vortex is on my list, i run his jack the ripper n third dimension with some plushberry. the p/berry went pink but no real flavor in the girl i had anyhow. the 3/d and jtr was both banging strains, good yield of lemony/ orangey goodness. :oldtoker:

some nice vars on this thread so far, its getting to be a good thread in here, lots posting. cheers all. s1:yinyang:

The JTR and 3D both seem to have very solid reputations on the forums, Chernobyl is another that interests me. What are you finding with flowering times on those two?

I chose Vortex after reading some disappointment in reviews on the recent Bros Grimm rereleases of A13 and C99 compared to the originals. So I chose Vortex because it has original A13 and C99 in its heritage. I’ll probably be doing them in a diary so I’ll try to remember to give you a shout when I do.:smokin:

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, Rick Grimes said:

The JTR and 3D both seem to have very solid reputations on the forums, Chernobyl is another that interests me. What are you finding with flowering times on those two?

I chose Vortex after reading some disappointment in reviews on the recent Bros Grimm rereleases of A13 and C99 compared to the originals. So I chose Vortex because it has original A13 and C99 in its heritage. I’ll probably be doing them in a diary so I’ll try to remember to give you a shout when I do.:smokin:

hi there, yeah i love the third dimention the best over JTR. there ready at 8 weeks but i found that 9 weeks 12/12 was the sweet spot for the 3/D and JTR. check out my third dimention diary in my sig below mate, gutted i lost her, i need more seeds. i only grew 3 out of each they were freebies with the tude years ago, think i got all 6 fems as i cant remember any males. lol 

the apollo 13 used in third dim is a banging sweet pheno. orange/ mango tastes , the other was mostly lemon with some orangey hashy tones. the JTR was just pure chemmy lemons. :oldtoker:

i remember i think it was rizerva privada from dna seeds that released apolla 13 indica and a sativa version, i read about them in a old weed world mag years back, anyone grew them out ? if so what was the smoke like. cheers. :yinyang:

2 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

hi there, yeah i love the third dimention the best over JTR. there ready at 8 weeks but i found that 9 weeks 12/12 was the sweet spot for the 3/D and JTR. check out my third dimention diary in my sig below mate, gutted i lost her, i need more seeds. i only grew 3 out of each they were freebies with the tude years ago, think i got all 6 fems as i cant remember any males. lol 

the apollo 13 used in third dim is a banging sweet pheno. orange/ mango tastes , the other was mostly lemon with some orangey hashy tones. the JTR was just pure chemmy lemons. :oldtoker:

i remember i think it was rizerva privada from dna seeds that released apolla 13 indica and a sativa version, i read about them in a old weed world mag years back, anyone grew them out ? if so what was the smoke like. cheers. :yinyang:

I’ve just read the whole diary. Great looking plants pal, I’m hoping mine turn out as well. 

8-9 weeks was exactly the answer I wanted, it fits in well with other stuff then.

1 person likes this

New  strains

Delicious Seeds Eleven Roses

Sweet Seeds Green POison Fast F1

Sweet Seeds Crystal Candy

Dinafem Critical + 2.0

Dutch Passion Bubba Island Kush

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@monkeypig

I don’t want my arms to feel like a couple of fortnights in a bad balloon....

Edited by Gojitangie
2 people like this

i prefer the triple-sub myself....

1 person likes this