Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RePtOiD

Dripper Array

Hi everyone,

Im thinking about giving drippers a try again running them off 16mm feed pipe going into 6/8mm feed lines terminating in blue flood drippers.  I have been brousing the internet for pointers and found this picture.

Can anyone tell me what those black rings are that this grower has their 6mm lines come from? Thanks.

large.drippers1.jpg

Tee_Connector_16_4e82e40f80c9e.jpg

If its not something like this then it will do the same job.

3 people like this

thanks for the reply zen i think you might be right i couldn't see the perspective where its something inline within the tubing as apposed to a ring like clip going round.

I have another question, im thinking the connection listed below coming straight off of the 16mm pipe might work better than what you posted above as i could put four or more closer together making the pots that are side by side have two drippers each if that makes sense do you think i will have a problem even watering wise by using them?

large.nipple.jpeg

large.drip-system.jpg

In my experience of using the plastic 'screw in' types ....the bloody things always leak after a while even if you use PTFE tape

I use them in the aeroponic propagator i have and they are a pain in the arse...they get blocked....they get loose....thats screwing them into PVC tho....never tried the hose....I would think it may have a better 'bite' on the rubber of the hose than the PVC and make a water sealed  connection.

The flow rate is going to be an issue in a bespoke system and the 'screw in taps' won't like being put under too much pressure.....this may be why the guy in the picture has used a 'ring clip' type connection to stop the pressure blowing the pipes off......just a thought 

There is a great automated feeding  thread in the coco section definitely worth a read.

atb

4 people like this

Thank you zen for your knowledge on the subject you have potentially saved me time and a little money although them inline T's will cost more they might be the better way forward.  I will just have to figure out a way of splitting the one line that comes from that into multiple dripper lines.

from 16mm 3 way T to 8mm T then to a Y leading to the pot  that terminates into two drippers.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanksfor the heads up golf ill take a look

This is basically my original system idea with the nipples although the nipples in that thread look bigger and better.  My reasoning for the circuit type of setup im planning over just a line with a stoop end on it is because ill be feeding allot more plants and bigger ones as well so they will be spaced out more.  So one feed line wouldn't suffice and if i did three pressure wouldn't be even between them hence why with my setup the feed ring should pressurize first then pump through the 8mm lines well in theory that is.

Alternatively i could do three lines with stop ends running off the same pump and put flow taps on each line and try and balance everything out but i have a sneaky feeling that this way each time the pump turns on the water will act differently requiring that the flow taps b adjusted each time

Edited by RePtOiD
update info

They're 16 - 6mm tees and crosses. 

As Golf said, the automated feeding thread in the coco section is very comprehensive, it covers everything you're talking about. It's seriously worth checking out - like all of the big threads, it may be worth working backwards as the more up to date info is usually at that end. 

Here is a link to what I use:

3 people like this

thanks golden im actually working my way through it now i will say one problem ive noticed with this method of growing is if you dont get the right number of clones each time or one plant dies in the setup how do you block off that feed line?

1 person likes this

@RePtOiD Every good grow shop should stock 6mm stop ends :yep: 

wow they go that small well my shop is abit crap then ill just pick them up online should be cheap fingers crossed.  Thanks

Posted (edited)

withnailed bad idea really pmsl lol 

Edited by Golden Syrup

trust me mate not as bad as some of the ideas/solutions ive been coming up with to my problems, the forum is a god send i would have flooded my gaff and probably killed myself 7 times by my estimate if it was not for the information provided by this forum. lol

1 person likes this