Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KateAdam

LED Lighting Recommendations

27 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, potato1356 said:

@KateAdam - seriously listen to @Golden Syrup, He really knows lighting, but more than that he backs it up with stonking lovely results. 

:yep:

2 people like this

I wish I knew so much about growing back in the day with a  single  grow under my belt, aye..

lol

7 people like this

37 minutes ago, bazzo said:

@bazzo but what I'm trying to say is you've never grown with any other lights so recommending others to purchase what you use without using other lights is a bit like me saying my wife gives the best blow jobs in the world but she is the only girl thats ever gave me one in my entire life.. So how can I claim she gives the best when I don't know for sure? Just an example by the way lol 

2 people like this

Just now, bazzo said:

Thats good enough for me mate...  ill be around !!!   lol

Seriously though..  the only reason i "reccomend" the lights im using is quite simply that my gpw has blown away the expectations and what i was told to expect..

You cant take away from the fact that as a complete newbie ive had really good results.. yep ive spent a lot of time and money on the enviroment etc, and ive read lots..  but the lighting does play a large part in yield...     and overall these meizhi leds are giving some pretty good results...  the OP did ask for "cheap LEDS" 

Yep they probably dont perform as well as a grands worth of LED... ya get what ya pay for to a degree...  and i still say these are good value for money.

I agree they are great value the results speak for themselves your diary was impressive but I wouldn't advise people buy them if you have no other real comparisons to go by, couldn't you have got the same results under HPS lights? or CMH? You might have done better with other lighting theirs multiple things to consider not just the lighting with your yield, the grow method (soil, coco, DWC etc, the veg time, nutes, topping, scrog, LST. I'm not knocking the LED's I do intend to get some and give it a bash but I do think there is alot better options out there to be honest, even if you do spend a bit more on electricity its worth the extra weight. I understand you are using them as you are using solar and probably couldn't do 400-600w from the wall and crack on mate your smashing it.

2 people like this

17 hours ago, UKsFinest said:

my wife gives the best blow jobs in the world but she is the only girl thats ever gave me one in my entire life.. So how can I claim she gives the best when I don't know for sure? 

I agree, she's very good.

4 people like this

Grams per watt, hehe very good. Think someone needs to google why grams per watt is a poor measurement when growing with leds. 

3 people like this

@bazzo

"Mine have many colours, red, white, blue, yellow and IR, every spectrum the plants need. " so does every made in china led panel for the last five years, including the vipars and other so called brands that are just generic parts stuck in a case with another logo on them. Lets just say my 50 watt cree cobs from 3 years ago produce more usable light when running 2 off them at 100 watts total than these generic panels using 190watts at the wall.  Have a read up on led ir diodes and you will see you may as well remove them from the board total waste of time. 

No one here is picking on you, it won't matter what site on the net you goto the growers will all tell and pull you on the same subject.

So I would leave it at that, grow away be happy with what your doing. But please don't give bad advise to people.

I will not comment personally on your posts reference these leds from today going forward, so blast on.

Toke

2 people like this

40 minutes ago, bazzo said:

I really dont understand how anybody can say the results ive had from them arent any good...

Until your results have been verified by Norris McWhirter, people are going to question those yields . Just in the same way you'd be suspicious if I claimed my Fiesta 1.1l could do 0-60 in 3 seconds.

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

my Fiesta 1.1l could do 0-60 in 3 seconds.

your blow the welds on your intake kid :rofl:

I'm interested in the 1 foot samsung f strips but i will be fucked if i can find a supplier. QB's are too wide for my space unfortunately.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Grams per watt, hehe very good. Think someone needs to google why grams per watt is a poor measurement when growing with leds. 

Please enlighten me ive had a google and its an led minefield man. 

Is it because they aren't the wattage advertised?

Like the draw from the wall? 

It bugging me now 

cheers

zz

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm Slavering nonsense !

Edited by Teeth
Ripped just realised I'm talking nonsense
2 people like this

Fun question for any stess heads.

2 rooms like bazzos if you like, could be my rooms or yours. 

Identical set ups , plants all the same clone , fans , identical. 

Room 1 has 6 of the led lights that Bazzo is using  (270w)

Room 2 has 6 250w hps . (250w)

Which room yields the most? Giving that the led lights have an extra 120 watts over the hps?

That's a watt for watt battle people. 

I wanna know the answer please

When I'm convinced led light is as good if not better than hps I will bloody buy one and have a go.

Like I did with cmh.

So what do you reckon ?

What room would you be having?

For me at the moment , I believe room 2 is gonna give me more smoke but will it be as nice as room 1?

Answers on a postcard.

zz 

2 people like this