Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KateAdam

LED Lighting Recommendations

27 posts in this topic

Hey Peeps

I'm looking for recommendations for a full range LED lamp for my indoor grow tent, both veg and flower. Looking for the equivalent of 1000w.

Anyone with any thoughts.

xx

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, KateAdam said:

Hey Peeps

I'm looking for recommendations for a full range LED lamp for my indoor grow tent, both veg and flower. Looking for the equivalent of 1000w.

Anyone with any thoughts.

xx

How much is your budget? 

If you Check this thread here

Bazzo does it with LED

You will see he is doing really well with 270w at the wall supposed 600w equivalent. 

They are just over 100 a pop I think and you would want about 4 of them to have a thousand watts from the wall. 

@bazzo is his name , doing wonders with the led in sunny spain.

Good luck

zz

Posted (edited)

you do realise you can cover the same area with 400watts at the wall, and provide more light and using less electric. Really be honest with yourself these lights are in no way efficient. There is better for less. Sorry if that is a bit blunt but it's reality. The op would be wiser buying cmh over them leds.

Edited by tokenroll
6 people like this

@KateAdam what size is your grow space and what is your budget for buying the lights, also think how much you want to pay for electricity. More efficient lights cost more upfront, but after about 3 harvests you have made your money back. So cheaper smoke after a few months. I can say over the last year my electricity usage is at least half what it was, getting bigger harvests and much more potent. Leds from china are not efficient in any way.

3 people like this

Solstrips and HLG QB are probably the only LED solutions I'd look at with any seriousness. 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, bazzo said:

My LEDS are the cheaper "chinese variety" if you will... but the results speak for themselves.

with that HPS sat in the middle of them, that has a rectangular foot print lollollol  oh bazzo!

I think what tokenroll was saying is that a good 400w LED unit will blow any kind of LED grow lighting you can buy off amazon :wassnnme:out of the water - but If you're happy with them, you're happy with them and thats fine you keep using them - however If you were to pull your head from under your burple LED units and actually look at the wide world of plant lighting you would find that the units you are recommending are not worth the money.  there are better and more efficient LED lighting solutions, it doesn't paint a great picture recommending sub par lighting to members, someone is going to end up disappointed. 

I'm afraid to say from your previous thread and the recommendations you keep making you are just not clued up on plant lighting, you may disagree with what myself and other members tell you but it doesn't make you any less wrong.

Edited by Golden Syrup
edited for clarity
11 people like this

"

Hi @KateAdam

I use Meizhi 600w (200/270w at the wall)  they do larger ones, 900w and 1200w i think..   I use 8 of the 600w ones as that is what works for my grow room design.

the 600w covers about 1mx1m.  In my opinion they are not really 600w equivalents, but they do stack up to a 400w HPS easily."

Say's it all.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It is now possible to get Samsung f strips if you lazy as a kit with driver for it and uses around 320 w irc with five strips and yes they are the samsung lmc561 diodes that are certified for uk, unlike sol and qb which are good but have no certification...having used Hans panels and Grownorthern for a few years I am looking at the six strip kit for my space.. I think I get more spread of light than a cmh this way..:oldtoker:

this is is what I mean each strip has 144 lmc561c s6 diodes..

i am looking at using six strips run with two drivers so it modular to cover 1200 x800 footprint two rails of three each driver...   Should cost around £250 including heatsinks..

large.E32D63AF-0C78-4373-B8B8-C801E8D93C60.jpeg

Edited by Marthur Ix
To add info
4 people like this

@bazzo oh dear here we go again..... no shit... normally I do not enter into these debates but bad info is bad info.  But chill out and enjoy growing.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

You seem to be missing the point @bazzo. However happy you are with your units, there are better and they are not worth recommending and you should expect to be called out on it, all too often those with the least experience and knowledge and dishing out the "advice" when they still haven't got their heads around photoperiodism :wassnnme:, and it has to stop. You could be doing the same yield for less electric, or more yield for the same electric. How ripped off would a member feel if they purchased the units on your recommendation, and then saw what @tokenroll was doing with his HLG QB units? Or any of the other members using CMH? (First time I've mentioned it, because the OP wanted LED units)

Refer to my previous post: 

35 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

If you were to pull your head from under your burple LED units and actually look at the wide world of plant lighting you would find that the units you are recommending are not worth the money.

35 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

I'm afraid to say from your previous thread and the recommendations you keep making you are just not clued up on plant lighting, you may disagree with what myself and other members tell you but it doesn't make you any less wrong.

Edited by Golden Syrup
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Marthur Ix the f-strips look very good,  im decking out my grow cab shortly with f-strips. Doing a review of them for a uk seller, If they are shit, I will say they are shit, if they wipe the floor with what im currently using I will be impressed and will post an honest review and a grow with images to do the final talking. What I do know upfront is the only difference they will make to my grow is uniform lighting from wall to wall. Would I recommend anyone switching from QB boards to f-strips no I would not. But if starting from scratch then it would only be down to upfront cost and availability, the current f-strips can ship today the QB's from HLG they never have them in stock. There is a lot happening on the led front right now and the current Samsung f-strips are being replaced and new revisions released end of this month. !0% more efficient depending on how they are driven and what spectrum you choose. Things can only get better, but maybe a little more confusing to be honest.

Toke. 

Edited by tokenroll
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

as someone said above the Samsung diodes are extremely efficient and some of the best on the market, a 1000w replacement system could be achieved via 4 board set up ran in series would draw around 500w or a bit less depending on driver, this would meet your requirements, cost wise about £500.

Edited by Golden Syrup
sorry mate, advertisement.

@KateAdam - seriously listen to @Golden Syrup, He really knows lighting, but more than that he backs it up with stonking lovely results. 

The only 2 companies I could absolutely stand by for LED are Grow Northern (or GN UK as they have re-branded now for horticultural market), and Fluence from USA. 

Both are very expensive, but the quality..... 

Personally LED is not efficient enough for me economically yet - once you can a high quality fixture with no moving parts, and gives decent return on yield that costs less than £300, maybe I'd convert.

There is a potentially interesting LED unit called the Gamma blaster by Nukeheadz, the guy behind it is adamant that most LED companies have no fucking clue, and he goes massively against the mainstream thoughts on useable spectrum - you seen that light @Golden Syrup? would love to hear your thoughts.... 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, tokenroll said:

you do realise you can cover the same area with 400watts at the wall, and provide more light and using less electric. Really be honest with yourself these lights are in no way efficient. There is better for less. Sorry if that is a bit blunt but it's reality. The op would be wiser buying cmh over them leds.

I'm beginning to think Bazzo's the one selling them units the amount of times I've seen him try convince people how good they are after only 1 harvest with no real comparison to go by.

4 people like this