Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lolaszek

Sick rhino

23 posts in this topic

Hi, my rhino ryder about 40 days old is having problems , personally I think I overfeed her as I fed all other elder plants same amounts, therefore its organic, can someone assure me if the plant its overfeed or it shown signs of other issues , Plants fed with water twice, then rhino flushed to restore ph . Sick one is 20 days younger than two other pineapple express . Am feeding with biocanna + aptus topbooster + carboload and calmag . Two other plants are not too bad , one is actually superb .

large.20180413_205206.jpglarge.20180413_205159.jpglarge.20180411_184559.jpg

1 person likes this

Don’t know mate, but get it under control before your crop is titties up!

Posted (edited)

looks like calcium deficiency to me, add some cal mag to your nutrients,

it should help.

ab  bit more information on what you are feeding them and how much/ what ec,  would help determine if they are overfed, or not.

Edited by badbillybob

My first thought was looks like burn. That can only be heat, wind or nutes.

Looks like just one of the top buds has been hit by it. Could be a light too close?

If any nutrient shortfall is going on, Calmag would be a good start. Maybe some Superthrive to pep them up a bit.

We need more info about the set up and feed regimen to pinpoint what's going wrong there.

Don't worry, someone here will help get this back on track.

might be fls hope not (fungal leaf spot)

Posted (edited)

Setup is

Dr 60

LED cob 150W citizen 038

extractor fan TT 180

I fed them equally with biocanna flores , aptus topbooster and carboload - rest reacted normally but those are older , distance to light might be problem but its about 60cm off and my COBs have 120 lens , I also give shogun calmag about 2ml per 100ml water , when I stop feed them to give them twice pure water problem appeared - therefore I flushed her to adjust ph .

Leaves on top crush but it does not seen to like affect buds anyhow. Temps are 25-26 , humidity 50% , i placed extra 25W circulation fan and in few days I will get my primaklima 280 from quranty so humidity should fall to 30%, box its well ventilated as the room.

My light is adjustable from 0-100% was working 100% by last weeks and plant reacted after feeding , no problems before.

Edited by lolaszek

Hmm tips dont look bad at all tbh, Whats your feeding EC if you know it and whats your Ph too! What medium are you in and have you tested the run off EC and Ph ??

Having a close look the tips are bending like a soviet sickle, Could be anything from Ph to lights being to close i had the same bending on mine and i moved the light up and it seemed to sort them out

just thought id throw this out there man i thought i saw a few droplets on the leafs you haven't been spraying them with anything with the light on?

16 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

My first thought was looks like burn. That can only be heat, wind or nutes.

Looks like just one of the top buds has been hit by it. Could be a light too close?

If any nutrient shortfall is going on, Calmag would be a good start. Maybe some Superthrive to pep them up a bit.

We need more info about the set up and feed regimen to pinpoint what's going wrong there.

Don't worry, someone here will help get this back on track.

Can i jumping here and ask a question Mydisplay.....I was always told not to use superthrive in flower cause its primary effect is a root beneficial  and can cause problems to flowering cannabis

After doing some research I can find 100 post that say no....definitely dont use it in flower...causes slower flower production, hermies etc.

I can also find a 100 posts that say that is b@llshit and just use it sparingly as its great in flower.

In my 30 odd years of gardening (vegetable growing, prob 15yrs growing weed) my knowledge may be a bit old school and out of date ....I always used ST for clones, shocked plants (in veg) and for struggling seedlings....I have also used it on shrubs, trees etc with great effect.

So the $100 question is who is right ? ? ? ? 

Hi, thanks for answers - you guys are stars - I have diary at polish forum with over 150 pictures throughout but lack of help, honestly ... This is my first grow and am doing my best , there is no one else involved .

My soil unfortunately is canna professional - will go for light mix next time , No feeding for first month - I had issues with watering - did not water them enough caused slow growing as u can see rhino is 20 days earlier but watered properly and can tell the difference - I was feeding them , checking PH with my cheap milwaukee meter - to regulate ph I was using GHE PH down in powder ( got bloody 1 kg) and to increase - soda ( barely ) . On first weeks during veg I was feeding them with 5.8 ph and equally increasing it to 6.3 . My mistake is I did not checked soil ph too much - When I flushed rhino ph was about 5.9 and I made it 6.5 by flush , I also checked pineapples ph - the big one 's was 6.8 while smaller one 6.3 . Today I fed them with pure water as I can see some signs on the other plants ( nothing major , will update pictures of each plant problematic spots soon ) I need to buy EC meter and proper soil ph meter , forgive me I spent over 700 pounds at once for this project and am still learning , the only thing that pissed me off is nobody gave me any help with them - its not like am a moaner and want people to step in but when there's pictures and I wrote what I think somebody should say , anyway - I will buy meters for next grow soon , definitely .

Water spills might come from calmag which I spread over plants , while doing this I adjust my light power to 10% and let them rest for 10 minutes before puting light back to 100% , obviously this cob is powerfull as this is Citizen cob light , I got someone in Poland who made them for amazing price.

I know within a time and gained experience I wont be panicking and doing bad stuff but trust me - I do care , not only about profit but experience.

Posted (edited)

While feeding them I used recommended doses , roughly - based on 5L bootle - 25-30 ml of biocanna flores + 5ml of carboload + 1ml aptus topbooster . I had a chance to see them today and one plant is doing superb with growing buds and they re massive !!! other pineapple is a bit darker , I was thinking of potasium but they were fed equally so it should show on both of em , she s doing well apart of that , only today  I noticed side of leaves turned light-green but only in at few leaves . Another thing is they getting older and those are autoflowers , obviously they won't keep greenish before the end and pineapples are something about 70 days old , some people cut them by this time but hey -I got 3 gallons pots.

Cant put bloody light higher - it's recommended to keep it minimum 50cm off plants while having 120 lenses it can go as little as 30cm , rhino is way over 60-70 cm off light therefore she is not as strong as other pineapples  . My tent is 150cm tall so light is on top of the box therefore I can adjust it to lets say 80% of power  - despite of two mixing fans - one is on the bottom , second on middle of the box the humidity is 48-50%, I know its high but area is well ventilated everyday - problem should be resolved when I will get my primklima with temp control back from quaranty ( spinned 100 quid to get it and it get broke in 2 mnth....) which is way stronger than replacement TT , if this not gonna help I will get some dehumidifier bags .

Edited by lolaszek

Posted (edited)

rhino - no more crunchy leaves , only the one that was nasty still remains , other get moisture and no more dry , only top of the plant

large.20180416_180904.jpg

Pineapple 2 younger one - sides of the leaves turned light green

large.20180416_180913.jpglarge.20180416_180908.jpg

Pineapple II big one Some of leaves got a bit green / yellow dots , one leave got a strange color on end of leave .

large.20180416_180859.jpglarge.20180416_180901.jpg

Box

large.20180416_180939.jpglarge.20180413_205206.jpg

Just watered today rhino 2L , pineapples 2,5 L

Edited by lolaszek

Posted (edited)

What is your soil PH? Should be between 6 and 7 for optimum nutrient uptake. Maybe the PH is causing a deficiency?

Edited by DarkVacuum
1 person likes this

soil ph in range

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, lolaszek said:

soil ph in range

Hmm. Maybe your plants have used up all the trace elements in the soil (zinc, magnesium etc), as they do look pretty hungry. I may have a similar problem at the moment, Other than that, all I can think of is wind / light burn.

Maybe get down the garden centre and buy some trace elements to water in mate? I know i’m going to. Can’t do any harm if you add at the correct dose.

Hopefully some of the experts on here can help shed some light (not too much though!) :yes:

Edited by DarkVacuum